dismantling levin optitron/sportivo cluster

hey guys, i wanna dismantle the cluster but i've got up to the part that i know i have to remove the 4 needle sticks to get the face off. but i'm not quite sure how to take them off...

is it twist and pull or just pull?

also i'm wanting to change the light on the "auto" button in the power windows... i've tried to pull it off but no matter how hard i try i gave up thinking if i go anymore i'd bend or break the thing... :(

any ideas?

cheers :)

Someone will have to confirm this, but for most gauges like this, you just pull it up carefully keeping it straight.

also i'm wanting to change the light on the "auto" button in the power windows... i've tried to pull it off but no matter how hard i try i gave up thinking if i go anymore i'd bend or break the thing... :(

I'm not sure how your one is set up, but did you try removing the PCB from the back of the switch assembly? You shouldn't have to remove the button.

whenever I've removed speedo needles before, I found a fork makes for an excellent prise tool to pop them off. I usually put a thin piece of cloth underneath on the speedo fascia to safeguard from scratches.

Someone will have to confirm this, but for most gauges like this, you just pull it up carefully keeping it straight.

I'm not sure how your one is set up, but did you try removing the PCB from the back of the switch assembly? You shouldn't have to remove the button.

yeah i've tried this before but i think the electronics are somehow stuck/clipped in... i'm pretty sure i removed all the screws... i'll try again one day and see how i go

the fork thing is an excellent idea! though i should try it with another cluster just in case i do snap something off... :(

just an update: i've bought the levin cluster and i must say... after a good plastic polish, it turned up quite nice... something different to the red cluster the stivos have :)

i noticed one thing: my reverse beeping thingo doesn't work when i pull reverse! yay! :D

the beeping when the keys still in the igition/the lights still on still work though :)

so i looked at the speedo cables and i noticed there is an extra one for the stivo... its got a green one with black stripe and a red one... originally i thought that this was for the extra "low oil" light, but when i plugged my stivo back in, it still worked without it and also reverse beep still worked...

does anyone know what is this extra cable for? :g:

now my stivo ODO will be staying at 95,000kms :spiteful:

but the downside is that this ODO has 238,000kms on it LOL :(

post-14801-127588451748_thumb.jpg

post-14801-127588452443_thumb.jpg

oh yeah... my levin has LIFT :clap:

Edited by Kenshin X

thats actually a really nice looking dash. well done

thanks mate :)

yeah i think i overlooked the levin dash and it wasn't until i saw it in my car that i thought it was worth buying :P

the red line is where lift begins so i dont think i'm gonna keep going with the led mod atm... i'm happy the way it is hehe :toast:

i still heavent found out what that right plug does... i hope its not an important plug or something <_<

Edited by Kenshin X

what happens when you get it up into lift?

have you attempted this yet? thats a good way to indicate when lift kicks in i think :P red = fun!

Evo

what happens when you get it up into lift?

have you attempted this yet? thats a good way to indicate when lift kicks in i think :P red = fun!

Evo

Yah. Lift kicks in at around 6.2-6.5 revs. The red line starts at around 6.3 but to the human eye its negligable :) it hell looks good as i can rev all the way as it only goes up ti 8k and also the rev moves faster :P

chrono's seen a blue/purple stivo dash around his place... i cant wait til he finds out how the guy took the needles off his dash lol :P

waiting waiting :D