Swiseones new ride

So i figured i would throw this out to TOCAU for both discussion and feedback..

so for the last 6-12 months i've been pretty set on buying a rukus as im sure the people who i've already chatted with are aware.

Now that the car is out and i've been driving it a bit yes i think its a great car and caters to almost all of my needs the logic/realistic side of my brain decided to pop out and throw me off..

As we know toyota are NOT going to sell alot of these and they are to buyers taste completely. So in saying that i've though yes its roomy for everything i need in a car, yes its got great output for what i like to drive like, yes i like the design and features, yes its in my budget and has the ability to cater to my modding needs.

Negatives - im a manual driver (rukus only auto - however the 4 speed is suprisingly awesome to drive), Resale value? will it actually have a value as i plan on turning the car over in a period of which it will actually matter, and of co**** will it continue to fill my needs or will i be jumping into the car as the lattest fad (to me anyways) and get bored of it to quickly.

This leads me back to what im never unhappy with and never get over should i instead go back to buying a new facelift Corolla manual Levin ZR....which needs no explanation to why it should be purchased.

what to do..? what to do..?

yours kindly,

Swiseone :)

seriously to be differnet i will get one too, just too bad its a auto otherwise it will tick all my box too and if only they also offer a cool factory body kit as well as standard...

I'd say go with the realstic side of your brain, I dont mind the Rukus except the auto bit puts me off, unless it was a 6.

It might also turn out to be a fad where down the track you may say,why did I buy that :unsure:

Then again thats just me,Iam a huge hatchback fan... The Levin modified will always look hotter than a rukus, there is only so much you can do to a box... Yeah go Levin I say ;)

edit: Same platform as Corolla and bigger motor,which I like but do you know what they weigh?

The Rukus weighs 1885kg vs corolla @ 1805kg (these are gross vehicle weights - kerb weights are 1420kg vs 1310kg)

It ticks all boxes except for being only 4speed auto which makes having sequential pointless anyways. Also resale and will i get bored of it.

although in saying there is only so much you can do to a box i half agree because if you have a look at all the stuff in the states i'd have to say there is a heck of alot of things you can do to the car both performance and appearance wise... but yes no matter what the corolla will always look good.

i would buy the rukus anyday over the corolla.

The rukus has better features, and more power. It will smash a corolla in every aspect.... and even put the sportivo corolla boys to shame.

plenty of aftermarket support from the USA and all that street Cred... i love them.

Street cred, I guess iam showing my age then :(

Each to their own ofcourse but yes the US has ****loads of stuff for it....

I must say I really do want to test drive it though.