My Aurion Dash rattle experience

It could be just that the owner of a TRD is more likely to take care of their car other than someone treating the Aurion as their A to B transport...

You've seen me drive. I'm surprised the wheels are still attached.

It could be just that the owner of a TRD is more likely to take care of their car other than someone treating the Aurion as their A to B transport...

Ugh. I feel like hurling just thinking about it...

This makes me sad :(

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the cost if taken to Toyota to get the damm rattle fixed with the different clips because mine is an 06 and 123k on the clock now so im sure its out of warranty lol..

it's funny how such a small thing can make your drive unbearable.

I had a rattle coming from my glove box... I tried putting up with it, even having music blaring... i ended up tightening the screws etc... all seems to be okay now. Makes such a big difference to the overall driving experience.

A friend of mine has an Aurion AT-X with the dash rattle issue (ex-rental 2007 model) and i swear you could make music from it. They ended up getting the dash 'filled' twice (whatever that means) and the problem is still present. I think they now prefer the crying of their baby girl in the back seat.

Cheers

Matt

I tapped everywhere and found this to be the cause of my rattle from the back.

Its where the rear dash joins with the c-pillar.

I placed a thin piece of foam there and the rattle is gone.

reardash.jpg

I'm ****ing sick of the dash rattle. It's still there and horrible than ever. The best way to tell you guys how it sounds is that it sounds like the dash is not even clipped it. That it's just 'sitting' there without anything holding it in place. That's how bad it is :angry:

I'm calling the dealer up again and getting them to redo it. They better not give me the run around again. This will be my third time getting it 'fixed'.

I have a HUGE suspicion that they aren't even doing anything and that the car just sits there the whole day.

For example: The second time I took it they said to me they need the car for the FULL day(until at least closing time which is 4.30pm) because taking apart the dash is a long and full day job.

So I drop the car off in the morning, later that day about 2pm I get a call the car is ready.... err, my a$$ it was a full day!

I've read posts here how people say it can even take two days to get it done. So I have no clue how these guys pulled my whole dash apart and put it back together in such a short time.

Anyway, I'm taking this rattling dash back. :angry:

I'm ****ing sick of the dash rattle. It's still there and horrible than ever. The best way to tell you guys how it sounds is that it sounds like the dash is not even clipped it. That it's just 'sitting' there without anything holding it in place. That's how bad it is :angry:

I'm calling the dealer up again and getting them to redo it. They better not give me the run around again. This will be my third time getting it 'fixed'.

I have a HUGE suspicion that they aren't even doing anything and that the car just sits there the whole day.

For example: The second time I took it they said to me they need the car for the FULL day(until at least closing time which is 4.30pm) because taking apart the dash is a long and full day job.

So I drop the car off in the morning, later that day about 2pm I get a call the car is ready.... err, my a$$ it was a full day!

I've read posts here how people say it can even take two days to get it done. So I have no clue how these guys pulled my whole dash apart and put it back together in such a short time.

Mine took 2 days to get done. partly because its a big job (apparently) and they broke the traction control sensor or something when they did it. Pleased to report, its still all Good - No rattles.

Mine took 2 days to get done. partly because its a big job (apparently) and they broke the traction control sensor or something when they did it. Pleased to report, its still all Good - No rattles.

Funny you replied to this thread just as I was about to! :lol: I just called them up and booked the car in for Thursday. Let's see how this turns out. I hope I'll be third time lucky :(

Funny you replied to this thread just as I was about to! :lol: I just called them up and booked the car in for Thursday. Let's see how this turns out. I hope I'll be third time lucky :(

Good luck! If you have no joy this time I would be trying a different dealership tbh.

Good luck! If you have no joy this time I would be trying a different dealership tbh.

I can't try a different dealership :(. I already tried asking another one and they said they can't because since I've already had the dash field fix done at another dealer they can only fix it since it's their problem so no other dealer will touch it.

So I took the car in this morning. I really drilled home the message that this is my third time and to please have it fixed this time. I also said keep the car as long as you need to. Don't rush it and just do it properly. I rather the car stay there for couple of days or so rather than taking it back.

While I was there I also asked the to fix the cracking noise from where the centre vents are and clock and also fix a clip that's come loose under the seat which I tried to fix but had no luck.

Best of all it's all covered under warranty. Thank god I paid for the extra care!

UPDATE:

So I took the car in this morning with not very high hopes but I really made my point how this time I want it fixed. Come 4.30 I got a call it's ready.

Went to pick up the car and drove it home... so let's just say :toast::yahoo:

NO noise what so ever. It is completely gone and this time it's very obvious the dash has come off because there are finger prints all over the front glass and dash so it's a good sign that this time the dash has actually been played around with.

They said new clips and foam etc was put in. Huge difference thank god. Before I used to drive in such a way that I'd try to go around every bump in the road so I didn't have to hear that hideous dash rattle. Now it's dead quiet.

At the same time I also complained about my centre console vents make a cracking noise and creak over bumps. I was just expecting them to place foam under that whole thing (where the clock is and stuff) but when I went to pick up the car the guy said there is a field fix for that so that whole centre console part is getting replaced!!!!! (Damn I love warranty) :yahoo:

So yeah, I'll be taking it back next week to get that replaced with a brand new revised part.

Very happy with the outcome today. :clap:

p.s, anyone that has warranty and has a rattling dash. get it done, your ears will thank you for it.

UPDATE:

So I took the car in this morning with not very high hopes but I really made my point how this time I want it fixed. Come 4.30 I got a call it's ready.

Went to pick up the car and drove it home... so let's just say :toast::yahoo:

NO noise what so ever. It is completely gone and this time it's very obvious the dash has come off because there are finger prints all over the front glass and dash so it's a good sign that this time the dash has actually been played around with.

They said new clips and foam etc was put in. Huge difference thank god. Before I used to drive in such a way that I'd try to go around every bump in the road so I didn't have to hear that hideous dash rattle. Now it's dead quiet.

At the same time I also complained about my centre console vents make a cracking noise and creak over bumps. I was just expecting them to place foam under that whole thing (where the clock is and stuff) but when I went to pick up the car the guy said there is a field fix for that so that whole centre console part is getting replaced!!!!! (Damn I love warranty) :yahoo:

So yeah, I'll be taking it back next week to get that replaced with a brand new revised part.

Very happy with the outcome today. :clap:

p.s, anyone that has warranty and has a rattling dash. get it done, your ears will thank you for it.

yay! great result. Happy its all fixed for you.

for the rear camera wiring I pulled off the door and b-pillar trims

while I was at it I placed a little bit of foam between the top and button b-pillar trims

don't know if that'll fix my b-pillar rattle or squeak

I now have some vibration noises from the general area

don't kow if I didn't fit it correctly

or whether its because I broke one of the white clips of the left rear door trim

will put foam a bit more when I get around to it

My Aurion rattles and squeaks big time!!!, coming from the both LH and RH air vents, window vibrating on the dash, middle air con assembly, gear area and my knee touching the edge.

Drives me nuts! To make things worse Toyota was aware of this reoccurring problem I often complained about and decided to go ahead and order a whole new dash, while I still had 5 weeks factory warranty left. They took their time ordering and my warranty ran out! !! And that’s that I guess,,, ,,

I've just ordered a few IBM SAS servers, some of the components are wrapped in high quality fire proof sponge and flexible polystyrene, which I'll try and utilise to repel the squeaks!

I have done the middle interior already and destroyed any squeaks as well as its being sturdier; I’m not feeling to confident doing the dash, because I’d rather pull the whole dash out, which isn’t going to be as easy as the quick release middle int.

If only they could build the interior with the same flag ship unbeatable quality as the 2gr-fe, 2grfse. A bunch of Trent from Punchies at the Melbourne manufacturing plant! :yahoo:

Edited by N3ptuNe

Thanks guys. I've been driving heaps lately and over a lot of bumpy roads (tram tracks etc) and absolutely ZERO noise. It's so much better now. It gave the car a whole different feel.

I fell your bumpy road pain lol.

My gf Lives out a 5km dirt road out of town. My aurion takes a bit of a punishing on it :(

My Aurion rattles and squeaks big time!!!, coming from the both LH and RH air vents, window vibrating on the dash, middle air con assembly, gear area and my knee touching the edge.

Drives me nuts! To make things worse Toyota was aware of this reoccurring problem I often complained about and decided to go ahead and order a whole new dash, while I still had 5 weeks factory warranty left. They took their time ordering and my warranty ran out! !! And that’s that I guess,,, ,,

I've just ordered a few IBM SAS servers, some of the components are wrapped in high quality fire proof sponge and flexible polystyrene, which I'll try and utilise to repel the squeaks!

I have done the middle interior already and destroyed any squeaks as well as its being sturdier; I’m not feeling to confident doing the dash, because I’d rather pull the whole dash out, which isn’t going to be as easy as the quick release middle int.

If only they could build the interior with the same flag ship unbeatable quality as the 2gr-fe, 2grfse. A bunch of Trent from Punchies at the Melbourne manufacturing plant! :yahoo:

doesn't seem right. If I recall correctly, if an issue is brought up during the warranty period then it is still covered by the warranty despite it passing the warranty-end date if awaiting parts.

doesn't seem right. If I recall correctly, if an issue is brought up during the warranty period then it is still covered by the warranty despite it passing the warranty-end date if awaiting parts.

+1.

Anyway, enough of me bragging how my dash is perfect now and it's time to show some of you guys a quick fix to the squeaking that comes from the gear lever area.

I was annoyed by this squeak as well so I had a look how it could happen and I realised that the top part and bottom part are touching each other and when they meet they squeak.

So here is what I did today:

Open the top part and put a foam double sided sticky tape:

DSCN3882.jpg

Then cut it to size:

DSCN3883.jpg

DSCN3884.jpg

Then when you put the cover back down it will look like this:

DSCN3886.jpg

If you can think or do a better job than me please tell. But so far I'm very happy with this fix and it's stopped the squeaking 100%

:)

I should of known in the first place an Aussie built car would be stuffed! the engine is amazing! 6 bolt crank, can handle a total beating from corner to corner, however the interior is 100% junk! Ive had the plastic boot opener fall off dash rattles everywhere! CD Player gives error1 no longer plays disks!

I should of know no1 RULE don't buy Korean and don't buy Aussie!

Maybe time to sell and get a Mitsubishi Evo 9 MR,