2010 Ford Falcon XR6T

SecaBoy

Steven. It was a joke. I was getting at the fact that a lot of money will get you hardly any performance gain. :(

Adam. Couldn't agree more with you. It's such a great car and has so much potential to be so much better, but ford just let it down with their quality (or lack thereof).

Even though I'm used to the power and pull of the car, it still puts a smile on my face. Then something reminds me of the problems and I hate it again. Haha

SPOT ON! The potential for them to be a great car is there but Ford just doesn’t seem to be able to harness the necessary goods to make it happen :( that's why i really was hoping and half thought that maybe they had done so with the FG, but safe to say they have once again failed!

As for the fuel economy, they really did not know where to start looking to even think about fixing the problem and as you can imagine this was much to my displeasure with soon turned to me being more than irate.

hahaha brakes yes well the lack there of really. The standard package is totally under done for the type of pace those cars can carry. As i mentioned mine had the "premium package" which i have been told but was never confirmed as just been Territory callipers painted blue with the ford emblem and rotors slotted. it was better than stock ones that’s for sure had ok pedal feel and took a few hard stops but still wasn’t anything overly special, my ZR6 would kill it in that regard for sure!

All such a shame really! But i really do wish you luck because as you said when you hit the load pedal for those few seconds you really don’t give a toss for all the cars faults lol

• 1 month later...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sssssooooooooo, new problem to add to the list... :ph34r:

i was driving 'enthusiastically' the other day and went down a hill and it bottomed out...

it was a really loud sound and didnt sound good at all.. :(

it drove exactly the same with no issues, so i didnt think much of it...

that was until i got out at home and saw the front left wheel up in the guard... :lol:

like, its tucking rubber BIG TIME...

it looks sick, but unfortunetly it bottoms out on every raised bit of the road.. :(

anyway, its down at the mechanic now (dee, just around the corner from you, so if you see a blue snorlax screaming down the street, let me know!!! lol), so i'll find out today what i've broken... hoping its nothing major :ph34r:

taking bets on what it is... lol

I'd still blame Ford :P

EDIT: and that's bad news to hear, hope it works out for you...

Similar thing happened to me, snapped a spring clean in half, they were king springs and were sh*thouse

dsc00008o.jpg

Looked tough though :lol:

verdict is.................................. i bent the bottom of the strut... :lol:

so im gonna roll on std shocks for the time being... :)

Oh god... how'd you do that with just a little enthusiastic driving??

In good news, I didn't see snorlax lapping (then again, i didnt know until now, so wasnt looking out for it)

• 2 months later...

1st run: i must have bumped the gear stick and launched in 2nd gear.

2nd run: put it in D for Drag mode...

both launches were "off boost"...

my aim was to get a 13.3 and i did it on the second run... so i just parked up and watched... :)

definitely has more in it... reckon i could get it to a 13.2 or a 13.1 even...

xr6t_1-4_mile_2011-05-28_173.jpg

Considering your MPH was higher on your first run then I reckon you've definitely got more in it. Bloody impressive for a practically stock 6. You'll be cracking 12s in no time :clap:

• 1 month later...

opinions?

96277089-2.jpg

96277089-3.jpg

or....

motegir_mr116_brs_ci3_l.jpg

both of the wheels cost within a bees ***** of each other.

leaning towards the first set... the fronts are 19x8.5 and would have 2.25" dish and the rears are 19x9.5 and would have 3.25" dish...

second set comes in 18" only. i wanted 19s... but they're still a nice rim i think...