corolla sportivo vs 08 lancer vrx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stivo if both drivers are same skill level, quite easily too.. this will be at the drags mhmm.

Those aus spec mivec engines aren't designed to be quick but torquey/easy as a daily around town car. The mivec 2L in the fto is good though (147kw, 200nm torque and 8200rpm limiter all from an engine being manufactured and sold in 94).

Stivo if both drivers are same skill level, quite easily too.. this will be at the drags mhmm.

Those aus spec mivec engines aren't designed to be quick but torquey/easy as a daily around town car. The mivec 2L in the fto is good though (147kw, 200nm torque and 8200rpm limiter all from an engine being manufactured and sold in 94).

Yep, important to note that not all FTO models have that mivec engine though.. I believe it's only the GP or GPX that has it?

Yeah only the gpx and GP. Most potent in manual form.. very roughly 60% of fto's are autos, possibly more. And of the remaining manual bunch, around half are likely gpx/gp. From what i see on roads and on the fto club anyways :)

Not really sure who would win a drag race,i'm hoping the Toyota would win but i know one thing for sure the Lancer will be blowing smoke and in need a rebuild decades before the Corolla. :lol:

The stivo and lancer are line ball to 35kmh, then the stivo goes and pulls 3-4 car lenghts ...funniest sht you can pull on a dumb ***** lancer driver, as they change gear to second your gone.

whitestivo

Must agree , i dont bother with the Lancers at all , 09 Lancer has more features and styling but sees the back of the Sportivo after we hit 100 odd..

Funny how every new lancer driver with wheels wants to take a rolla driver on .. I have to deal with this rubbish everytime i drive to work and back.(100km trip)

But i enjoy taking on a SSS because every owner acts like a sick ....

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

Ive driven and been in a brand new lancer and i must say i wasn't impressed with the build quality or the ammount of plastic used inside but i think that speaks for almost all modern vehicles in production today. The older lancers i have found to be a good little unit to work on and not overally a bad vehicle for general commuting. Something just doesn't appeal to me personally though. I'd more than happily drive a corolla sportivo over the VRX but im biased. Nothing will ever be as fast as "Your sportivo" or what ever you own as that seems to be the general thoughts of alot of you guys!

Plastic fantastic is it.. never been in one myself but yeah agree on alot of modern cars having plastic overload.

Was looking at lancers as a daily before i bought my rolla but most of them are 3 star crash rating lol (unless you're talking the current lancer), and i see a few of them done up to look like an evo x/ralliart lancer - so ghey imho.

The reason the new cars are full of plastic is to reduce the cost of manufacturing them.

Corollas for example too have so many cheap plastic components .. The morden cars have a better safety rating because of airbag , ABS etc inclussion and they all cost money to fit into a car.. Corolla has 2 front power windows on the base model which they didnt before so to cut cost elsewhere plastic got fitted to the car.

Nothing will ever be as fast as "Your sportivo"

Thanks for the compliments :P

Don't forget about weight and how the gear ratios are matched to the engine too.

I'm too old to care about which is faster; I'm happy with my car and don't need to prove it to make me feel better.

Just beware of older lancers with the fto mivec engine and sss' with an sr20det eeh hah.

meh ..... that doesnt phase me ...... they should beware of the turbo'ed 2zz ..... muhahahahahhaha lol

Nothing will ever be as fast as "Your sportivo" or what ever you own as that seems to be the general thoughts of alot of you guys!

lol yeah ..... but where would we be without this attitude ....... we wouldnt have performance parts ...... lol

I'm too old to care about which is faster; I'm happy with my car and don't need to prove it to make me feel better.

yeah but i know u still give ppl the hazard dance SD & put a big smile on ur face ..... lol

Lol xoom... there will always be something faster out there in damn obscure forms (your rolla counts lol, who'd expect a 12sec zze series rolla). E.g. my best mate had his **** handed to him and his near 200awkw wrx by a civic running a special k setup with prolly k motor.

Turbo'd 2zz...lol, got traction ? :P I had enough issues with 180kw with my old mps3 on S compound tires =/ (you came to one of the mps meets coupla years back and i was there actually).

c'mon there's no way u compare between a stivo and a lancer the new lancer vrx is at least 200kg heavier than the stivo and with the power difference there's already a clear answer and even with the 09 lancer with the bigger power becoz of the 2.4L engine it still gonna be slower than the stivo becoz when the lancer is changing from 1st to 2nd the stivo is hitting lift and saying goodbye already

yeah but i know u still give ppl the hazard dance SD & put a big smile on ur face ..... lol

So you did notice me flashing the hazards in the distance when I smoked you :lol:

30% is becoming auto transmission power loss.. It all comes down to the dyno though.. one dyno may show you have 100fwkw and another may show 90fwkw. Alot of variables when doing power runs too inc. type of dyno. The zze series rolla's are modern cars too and modern transmissions tend to save 5% or more compared to older type gearboxes in older cars from my personal observations. imho

hey guys just curious what would win??

everyone i have asked said lancer:(

please...a more fairer match would be corolla levin vs lancer vrx... why do people "under rate" the corolla sportivo...

my 2 cent