corolla sportivo vs 08 lancer vrx

Most niche "sports" cars are under-rated by various groups/people. Being a toyota doesn't help either.

A rolla levin being import only and older wouldn't be comparing fair to the lancer, especially with the 1.6l engine imho.

Personally i like under-rated cars. I had an fto first and that was super under-rated..all my mates thought it was a girl car till i whooped their ****s in touge runs. Moved on to a mazda 3 mps and i removed the mps badges and kept the exterior stock..probably fooling most into thinking it was a normal mazda 3 :D then got a v35 skyline coupe when they were still rare (frigging everywhere now) and that was very rare and unknown when i had it. It's just less hassle with cops (only ever been pulled over once for the car i was driving and that was in bankstown lol), not every person wants a drag at the lights and having to worry less parking in carparks and whatnot. Having something unique-ish gives an exclusivity feeling too haha..

I've got a very common sports/hoons car now and it's certainly harder to drive it on the streets.

Enjoy the under-ratedness!

Edit - oh sorry, realised you might've meant the rolla levin with 1zz-fe, not the 20v 4age.

Edited by Delvance

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how does a Sportivo Rolla Vs Audi A4 1.8T

They got nothing when the rolla screams in the lift zone.

Bet the Audi owner will never see the corollas the same way .. laugh.gif

---------------------

Good to hear that this was done on the track and not on the roads as we do get the boys in blue browsing the boards sometimes looking for illegal drag racing stories - the mod team

Nothing beats the good ol discussion to make Sportivo owners happy. Because everyone races each other every day.

I would still choose the Audi over the Sportivo. Sure it may possible be slower in the given scenario, but I would still classify the Audi as a better car.

hey guys just curious what would win??

everyone i have asked said lancer:(

please...a more fairer match would be corolla levin vs lancer vrx... why do people "under rate" the corolla sportivo...

my 2 cent

Dont worry everyone not quicker than our sportivo it took me till 80kmh to catch a vrx sportback,I crunched 1st gear badly.once i hit lift in 2nd it was goodbye vrx.

Nothing beats the good ol discussion to make Sportivo owners happy. Because everyone races each other every day.

I would still choose the Audi over the Sportivo. Sure it may possible be slower in the given scenario, but I would still classify the Audi as a better car.

thats why there is more satisfaction beating an Audi .. Its a very nice car (09/10) Models but poor Sportivo owners still have an edge ..Shame we cant afford the luxury with that price tag but atleast we got speed for half the price . . laugh.gif

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

I draw the line though at TRD lasers, they are fully hectic, they are the schnizel, i won't race one of them

whitestivo

Whitestivo, are you referring to the one from mightycarmods? Hahaha

With regards to the topic, a VW Golf GTi is a better match up? Slightly more power but also slightly heavier than s'tivo..

A dsg boxed gti will munch your stivo unless you're a regular drag warrior. Doesn't take much to make the gti ALOT faster either..

So much fail in this thread now lol.

bring it on ;) ;) ;) ;)

Lol i don't own a stage 3 apr tuned golf gti if you wanna talk apples and apples :P. Heck i don't even own a golf gti lol..way too many around. I bought a mazda 3 mps instead back then but in hindsight should've waited for golf gti stock (was a massive backorder in 06 or so). The mps was a fairly hopeless point and shoot weapon only.

For the above audi 1.8t rubbish, i would much rather an equivalent jap car anyday.

A dsg boxed gti will munch your stivo unless you're a regular drag warrior. Doesn't take much to make the gti ALOT faster either..

So much fail in this thread now lol.

bring it on wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Yeah Bill , you stick up for the boys ... You be Optimus Prime for the boys when we can handle it with our Sportivos ... help.gif

And we all know that. Anyone who thinks (stock for stock) they can beat a GTi is disillusional. Especially the DSG version, since it is faster than the manual anyway.

Just add an Evo body kit to the Lancer VRX, watch your so called Stivo get smashed by 2L 4WD WRC goodness LOL

Then again your mother's latest Camry with an Automatic launch will smack you both down =P

P.S These thread make me laugh...

Edited by DreadAngel

Yeah these type of threads always turn into good entertaintment :D

Plenty on SAU haha.

Fwiw, i consider a stivo to be quite fast. Anything that can do under 7s to 100 with no or minimal mods is plenty enough for street driving (taking into account the acceleration is matched to a good setup sporty car, not some stupid supercharged v8 4wd jeep or something). Under 7's is good tractable power.

so is this a 0-100km/hr launch or a moving/rolling start?

the lancer VRX would have the stivo on the take off (more lower torque) but the stivo will catch back up when it gets to lift lol :P

sportivos are similar to vtec, nothing...nothing...nothing, then lift/vtec XD

*flame suit on* :P

Evo

Aussie delivery evo 3, stock (god if you could only get one) the stivo would have it. Evo 6 onwards in australia, I'd expect the evo6 driver just to laugh.

There could be a GTI joining the bretheren in Brisbane, and you can all line up behind whitestivo cause I'll be the first to smack that btch down. Then of course the owner will talk to APR, and I'll be history, but until then, you know who you are keep your eyes out for whitestivo...

At least this thread stopped talking about shtbox VRX,,, evan, i'm fairly sure your car could take a VRX off the line, but once over 3kmh, I think the VRX would cream you (can I borrow your flame suit evan?)

whitestivo