performance chip? a little interesting i think

zedsx6

I found this on eBay (American site not Australian)after a quick 'Toyota Aurion' search

and I thought it was pretty interesting because I read somewhere a while ago that there arent many ecu/chip 's out there

my apologies if there is a topic like this already haha this is my first time starting a topic..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DYNO-BOOST-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-Toyota-Altezza-Altis-Aurion-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ110511306404QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

hey I was only wondering what everyone thought about the ebay link... not after a 'cheap fix'

Admit it though. If you saw the chip for $1000, you wouldn't have asked.

And you're wondering what everyone though... well that WAS my thought.

so in summary at DJ is getting at that the 2GR and its computer systems is a bit too complex for this so called kind of easy fixes, So trying to employ it on your car would be a waste of time, sure give it a crack if it works sweet as you’ll become god ha-ha but yeah it can’t be tricked that easily not as easy as say a commodore or falcon power train and nobody has ever really spent the time to crack the computes and it wasn’t designed to be cracked and to get decent gains from, why? Because remember where this engine originated from, LEXUS! So none of these things were in the brief when it was set about to be designed and built. In saying that now that Lotus uses it in the Evora and MWR is doing transplant and some other Aussie based company is also using the power train there is a very real chance that chips and headers/intakes may become available :)

Because remember where this engine originated from, LEXUS! So none of these things were in the brief when it was set about to be designed and built. In saying that now that Lotus uses it in the Evora and MWR is doing transplant and some other Aussie based company is also using the power train there is a very real chance that chips and headers/intakes may become available :)

Comments like that really irk me, because these days Lexus IS Toyota. The engine wasn't designed for Lexus by Lexus and then converted back to Toyotas, it was designed for the whole Toyota/Lexus range by Toyota and exists in many variants to satisfy the requirements of each implementation. In fact, the GR series was first used in the Hilux and Crown, not in any Lexus vehicle.

You know what...

I want to get one just so I can laugh at it.

And laugh at it...

And laugh at it...

And laugh at it...

And laugh at it...

Then maybe try it out...And laugh at it...

And laugh at it...

ok im done.

Anyhow the moral of this post was really that yeah, they're pretty useless. Cept for a green led, that's about it. :P

leaving the poor guy alone.

Has anyone investigated if apexi power FC or the greddy e-manager has something for the aurion engine?

just read their website..it says for most jap cars....but im sure it would be mainly suited for nissans and honda's.

I guess it may be possible to get it tuned professionally...but i don't know if that will screw other functions on your car as i have heard the ecu is very fussy. I was having a chat with a mate wondering if it is possible to change the car to have mid range torque instead of high torque. Sure it will use more fuel but it would be beneficial performance wise.

Has anyone investigated if apexi power FC or the greddy e-manager has something for the aurion engine?

just read their website..it says for most jap cars....but im sure it would be mainly suited for nissans and honda's.

I guess it may be possible to get it tuned professionally...but i don't know if that will screw other functions on your car as i have heard the ecu is very fussy. I was having a chat with a mate wondering if it is possible to change the car to have mid range torque instead of high torque. Sure it will use more fuel but it would be beneficial performance wise.

Prob with the Power FC is it needs to be purchased for a specific car, eg. a ZZT Celica one wont fit a ZZE Corolla Sportivo one, even tho they have the same engine. Not that it will never work, find a car with the same engine and you can usually make a harness like SuperDave does.

EManage on the other hand... usually you can put them in anything, just needs to be wired up, prob is with modern Toyotas they have learning ECUs which can actually work around piggybacks, so its long term effectiveness would be in doubt, or constant retunes would be required.

Better off with something like a Wolf or Adaptronic, full, non-car specific standalone, they cost a fortune but.

The only 'chips' I would ever buy are found in foil packs and are to be eaten.

hey I was only wondering what everyone thought about the ebay link... not after a 'cheap fix'

Admit it though. If you saw the chip for $1000, you wouldn't have asked.

And you're wondering what everyone though... well that WAS my thought.

woah go easy man, plus i probably would have asked if it was $1000