ELECTION TIME!

JJCRU23R

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GDAY ALL...

For the first time since Ive been able to vote, I dont know who to vote for.

Neither candidate in Labor or Lib are particularly winning my vote at this point, so based on a choice between the two parties, which is the lesser of two evils?

Edited by JJCRU23R

Anything that is not Labour, Liberal, or Greens. Though it would be funny in a way to see the Greens voted in because I honestly don't know how they would react. I just don't understand why they bother in the first place.

So either I'll vote for the Australian Sex Party (http://www.sexparty.org.au/) or make a null vote.

So either I'll vote for the Australian Sex Party (http://www.sexparty.org.au/) or make a null vote.

So does this mean if the Australian Sex Party wins, that the next election we'll be picking out keys from a bowl?

ohhh I wonder who I'll end up going home with? :lol:

Null vote here, their all retarded

Where's Mick to throw some longcat up in hereeeee! :lol:

Null voters, dont winge when your stuck with tards for leaders. What a waste..

Coalition FTW, running our country is a business, best let people who can actually run it that way have power.

Remember a vote for greens is a vote for Labor and it's faceless men behind the leader...er...leaders?!@#$%^&

So true.... The only reason Julia is there is because of faceless pricks scheming behind the scenes. They know dumb ***** people and especially women will vote for her simply because she is a woman, not what she stands for or her parties line. "Errr ive voting Juila cause i would like to see a woman PM" She already is, and whats happened so far? Sweeet FA. I cant believe Kevy Kev is still hanging around.. Man they must be paying him off big time...

(the above statement is not sexist, its the sexist view of the people behind the scenes that have set this all up as we see it today)

all of these politicans... workings for themselves and not for the australian people...

1,2,3,4,5,6... DONKEY VOTE FTW! :D :D :D

or maybe... i should just write a "=)" decisions decisions...

or maybe.................................

i should vote for Labor...

or the coalition....... :D

Ranga has a bogan accent even though she is well-educated and a Law graduate. Backstabber and disloyal to the previous PM (Rudd).

Abbott has no ideas what so ever about the National Broadband Network. Bringing back work choices. He is simply in it for the show and flaunting his budgie smugglers any chance he gets. :P

Already did an early vote last Sat. Hoping this election will lead to a hung parliament which imo would be better, as the minority paarties in the senate would have more power to scrutinize legislations. Thus, improving the over-all governance of this Country.

Abbott has no ideas what so ever about the National Broadband Network. Bringing back work choices.

those two reasons are exactly why i'd never vote for them...

any party who wants to keep us in the technological dark ages will not get my vote..

i live 25mins from the city and we are struggling to get adsl (not adsl2+, just normal adsl!)...

Abbott has no ideas what so ever about the National Broadband Network.

Would you expect someone to understand such a complex system in the 4 or so weeks that he has been on the campaign with all the other bullsh*t going on? Abbott is not a computer/communications systems analyst. At least he admits he doesnt know and doesnt try to bluff his way thru. I would say the same thing for the opposition tho if this was the case. Telstra pulling swifties is more likely when you cant get your ADSL connection... Telling other service providers that exchanges are full etc when the arnt and trying to get maximum market share.

Bringing back work choices.

Ive personally never had any problem with work choices. If you cant sort out what your willing to do or want from a job or a prospective employer, then you better start learning what your worth. These proposals go both ways and they can be negotiated. Ive seen plenty of cases that the proposed work choices drafts were thrown in the bin when the staff didnt agree to the proposals put forth. Do you ever hear of that? No! Just the trumped up media garb that grabs headlines.

Just relax dude, this is not a debate about which party is good or not. Clearly your already biased and voting for the Liberal Party..Although you had not been affected by work choices in the past, you are not the majority. Hence, Rudd had been voted in as PM last election mainly due to the fundamental fact that work choices affected the vast majority of the labour force in Australia.

In regards to Abbott not knowing ANYTHING about the National Broadband Network, there is a reason why PM's have advisors. SImply put it, if he did care about what society thinks and does want to win voters votes, then what he should of done is educate himself with the topics from his advisors.

And yes i have heard of many cases where people have not wanted to sign up to the enw work choices, they had their hours cut, made redundant, etc.

Clearly, if you wanna make an attack on my unbiased opinions on both parties, you really need to get your head out of your a-hole.

Just relax dude too! B) Just stating that there are different sides to the story. Not saying one party is that much better than the other... just trying to communicate that not all is doom and gloom.

I knew this would end up in a sh*t fight and knew i shouldnt have opened up. :whistling:

I am bias as i run my own company. Not hiding that. What i should have worded better is that people still have power when it comes to work choices, a position i too didnt think would happen or believe but was proven wrong a few times which is why i thought i would share it. I think i mis-communicated my point, or you misunderstood, sorry about that.

And yes i have heard of many cases where people have not wanted to sign up to the enw work choices, they had their hours cut, made redundant, etc.

Thats been happening long before the term "workchoices" was instated, its called business. Lets separate ***** bosses from legislation. There will always be rotten apples that use any opportunity to throw their weight around. My abouve statement should have been worded better, i meant to say that the managers/owners actually binned the agreements, not the staff.

I also stated that i would feel the same way if Gillard didnt know everthing about the super dooper internets, it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

Sorry if i seemed a-hole like, thats not what i meant to put across. Ive pulled my head in now.... or was i to pull it out? :g:

Abbot - Commodore SS

Gillard - i30

Greens - scooter

Sex Party - Sandman

whitestivo

Abbot - Same. SS

Gillard - Old Mazda Miata

Greens - Prius

All I know is I am not voting for Gillard because how can you vote for someone who's rise to power was mutiny.

This whole politics thing really isn't my area of knowledge so excuse my own opinions here.

Personally, despite all the sh*t that is going against Liberal and Labour (to me it seems way more than previous elections), I can still picture that one of those parties will still be voted in. To me it seems like people are now a little more indecisive on who to vote for, but at the end of the day, it's either going to be Labour or Liberal. Realistically though, could you trust any of the other parties to run everything?

But this is where my next though comes in. Now I don't want either Liberal or Labour to win, hence why I will vote for some other random party. But at the end of the day... what's the point?

DJ, you also have to look at who that smaller parties preferences go to, like Greens is going toward Labour at the end of the day.

Just vote as you see fit for YOU, not what you hear, have herd or media hype. As long as you make the decision and are happy with it, thats the best vote. B)

Edit, Damm! trying to watch the new return of the jedi cut scenes released by Lucas arts on 9msn and keep getting spammed to todays election vid! Conspiracy!! Jedi's must be on par with masterchef! :D

But this is where my next though comes in. Now I don't want either Liberal or Labour to win, hence why I will vote for some other random party. But at the end of the day... what's the point?

Someone else might be ableto explain this further.... Or tell me I am wrong.... but.

Your vote counts towards seats in parliament to vote on future decisions. If you vote for some random **** party then your vote is "wasted" because you have given a **** party some power (in vain).

If the majority of the seats are heavily swayed one way then their bad decisions will go largely unopposed.

You cant choose the best party, you can only choose the party that is the least crap.

You cant choose the best party, you can only choose the party that is the least crap.

I think that's probably the best description of it all for me.

@dutchie101 - Simply put it, your approach was of an aggressive nature and that's how "sh*t fights" begin and respect for each other ends. If you want to express your opinions by all means open up and do so on a neutral basis. Well anyways, no dramas yeh? ;) /shake hands

In regards to Work Choices, it had made it that much easier for employers to pretty much force someone to accept the new terms of their work contract if they wanted to keep their jobs. Legally, it gave employers the power to bully employees and get away with it. Work choices destroyed the bargaining power of employees in regards to their worth as a human asset to their respected organizations/companies/employers. Like i said before, if work choices wasn't such a big issue, then the Howard government would still be in power to this day.

I voted for a party who would hopefully have enough power in the upper house to scrutinize Bills that is brought up for approval - basically has the last say.