Brisbane tuners

moggillsx6

Evening fellow Aurion owners. I've settled on (and started purchasing) various performance bits. Suspension, brakes, sourced exhaust supplier, in dash electronics, stereo.....Now comes the hard part...installing all the stuff out of the boxes in the garage...

Also, anyone know reputable places in Brisbane where I can get the following:

Roll cage (road legal)

Braided lines (proper ones not the covers for normal hoses)

and finally, one good place to go to get all the installation work done.

Pretty broad question I know but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Cheers

The trouble with a road legal cage is they are hard to meet CAMS, and vise-versa. Road legal requires the side intrusion bars be removable, while CAMS isn't too fond of it. All bars need padding where there is a seat too. Do you have aspirations of being at the track often? I wouldn't expect much change from $1500 for the cage.

Cage is not the top priority at the moment. I'd only be running the sprints etc at Qld Raceway/Lakeside which aren't CAMS anyway.... Main part first is someone good to do all the work on it in terms of putting all the gear i've got in it....coilovers....rotors...springs....exhaust.....seats...harnesses....bonnet pins...... the list is longer :)

That's all simple stuff to install. But I have to ask, have you bought the seat yet? Reason I ask is because it is very difficult to replace a seat that has a side airbag. Get in contact with a shop that will mod plate a seat to make sure you can use it. And the harness can't be used on the street as it doesn't recline; yes I know it's stupid but that's how it is. Don't forget if you put a bucket seat in the car on a different seat rail you will most likely be removing the buckle from the factory seat and attaching it to your new seat rail. This will require another inspection for seat belt modifications.

I wouldn't bother with a cage for the sprints, save the money. AASA don't need bonnet pins at sprint level either.

Thanks guys. I haven't bought the seat yet but I have been looking at some recaro ones that apparently are "ok" with side airbags etc.

I knwo the rest of the stuff is easy to put in but i like to sit on the side of caution and get bits installed by professionals so I have some sort of comeback should it not be installed right.....just me being over cautious maybe.....

Why do all that stuff on an aurion? surely there are many other cars that would be cheaper to buy initailly and easier to improve and rear wheel drive for faster sprints...

Its a nice car for driving around but I wouldn't race it.

Why not race it? and being a front wheel drive doesn't hinder it at all....anyone can get a VT SS or something and go racing...Aurion's are an awesome car, but can be improved a little and put onto a track......