0W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil

czaja74

normally new oil is a clear yellow liquid like honey but i have never heard of a dark green oil before. What brand is the oil?

Also don't both getting 0W-40 oil for the aurion considering you aren't driving in -30c temperature. It's just waste of money. 5W30 is more than enough.

Edited by Hamster

Thats what I thought. I use Super GTO 10W-30. The oter day I took my Aurion for service and I was offered an above oil. I had my own oil and said that I'll try it next time. However I'm still curios what was it. Ill ak him next time.

i think i've seen a nulon or shell have oils according to those specs. olive green in colour sounds unusual though. the only benefits of fully synthetic oils are that it lasts longer during oil change intervals and better engine protection and flow. however, i wouldn't recommend oils such as 0w-40 because it's no use using them unless you're driving in freezing condition like in the US or parts of Europe where temperatures drop below 0 degrees Celcius.

Edited by seifer

Just wondering if anyone seen this oil before. My mechanic said it was fully synthetic oil 0w-40. The oil color is dark green. Opinions?

Mate go back and ask the name of the oil.The only dark green oil I am aware of is 2 stroke oil

normally new oil is a clear yellow liquid like honey but i have never heard of a dark green oil before. What brand is the oil?

Also don't both getting 0W-40 oil for the aurion considering you aren't driving in -30c temperature. It's just waste of money. 5W30 is more than enough.

you've never seen royal purple its purple, redline gear oils red, blue and light poo brown

oil colour doesnt mean much these days as long as its not black

brand is something to concider

main thing is the grade is ok for engine and driving conditions

Is this my mechanic or someone else?

Yep thats the one. Do you know what it is? blink.gif

No clue at all. I'll be using penrite HPR 5 in my service and be supplying that. If I didn't have warranty I would do it myself but just because of that damn stamp I must get it done at a mechanic, well which is only three times lol.

Do these boys do log book so like I won't void my warranty? I forgot to ask them last time I was there.

• 1 month later...

I am getting my car serviced soon, and wanted to put Royal purple 5W-30, that should be alright? shouldnt it? and anyone used royal purple before in the aurion? any difference? Also...someone told me that royal purple only lasts a short time compared to most of the other oils, he said anywhere between 2500 - 4000 kms is that true? If it is, its a big price to pay for quality :whistling:. I don't mind spending the $100 for 5litres, will that be enough? but changing it every 4000kms wouldnt be cheap as i do about 150 - 200 kms / day.

I am getting my car serviced soon, and wanted to put Royal purple 5W-30, that should be alright? shouldnt it? and anyone used royal purple before in the aurion? any difference? Also...someone told me that royal purple only lasts a short time compared to most of the other oils, he said anywhere between 2500 - 4000 kms is that true? If it is, its a big price to pay for quality :whistling:. I don't mind spending the $100 for 5litres, will that be enough? but changing it every 4000kms wouldnt be cheap as i do about 150 - 200 kms / day.

You'll need 6 litres of oil in the Aurion :rolleyes:

6.1L to be more precise.

IMO driving under normal conditions and using Royal Purple would be completely pointless. You aren't racing the car so using such a high end oil is not needed. Considering you are driving at extreme levels due to the distance you are traveling it would be better to get a cheaper oil and changing it more often.

... 5litres, will that be enough?

6.1L to be more precise.

Why don't people ever look at their owners manuals.

... 5litres, will that be enough?

You'll need 6 litres of oil in the Aurion rolleyes.gif

6.1L to be more precise.

Why don't people ever look at their owners manuals.

Errr ?? What manual blink.gif

Just kidding...

Ok seme info about Green oil

A new green synthetic motor oil made from beef tallow (animal fat) is now available as an alternative to petroleum-based oils. The new oil is 100% biodegradeable, non-toxic, and safe (you can even drink it!). Performance is similar to other synthetic oils but it costs a little less. The product is called G-OIL.