Water leaking into cabin drivers side carpet

hallett505

I picked up my 2007 Aurion Presara from the dealer 2 weeks ago during a period of sustained rain in Adelaide. Before picking it up I noticed it was wet under the drivers mat and made sure the dealer was aware of it. They same up with a story about the steamcleaning of the carpets causing it and that it would dry up once we had a few warm days. Over the last weekend we have had more heavy falls and now the carpet and underlay (I pulled it up to check) is totally saturated so I will be returning to the dealer next week to ask that it be fixed. I have noticed in other discussions in this Forum that there is a fault with the moon roof drain but I am not sure it this is the case in my instance as the drivers side pillar is not damp at all. Has anyone else with an Aurion had this problem and managed to have the dealer fix it?

My parents 07 Presara had what we thought was a leaking moonroof. It was wet in the passenger footwell.

It actually turned out to be a leaking front windscreen. The service guys said they had seen it on other Aurions.

Just a thought if the moonroof turns out ot be fine.

just check if the windscreen is new. that might be an issue. i would suggest if might be the sun/moon roof.

there was a bulletin to dealers about the use of clamps on the drain tubes. the roof has 4 drain tubes coming off all 4 corners and the rubber hoses drain water away down the pillars of the car. the hoses fall off the ends of the sunroof and require to be refitted with clamps on as the factory did not believe they needed clamps. in some cases where we had no clamps available on the day of repair we supaglued the hoses on and used cable ties as a secondary measure.it is possible to gain access without removing the rooflining completely but is it easier if the it is out of the way, personal preference !

the tell tale signs if it has been leaking for a while is discoloured pillar trims and even sun visors. even if you remove the sunvisor you can see tell tale signs of water as some retainer clips look a little rusty (not bad ,it wipes off)

Good News!!

CMI Toyota at Christies Beach accepted that the fault was part of a 'known recall issue' and repaired it for me free of charge. It took a few hours they told me as they had to remove all of the roof lining. They found what was described on this Forum, a disconnected drain plug from the Moon roof on the drivers side, they installed the special clamps on all 4 plugs put it back together and even made an attempt to dry the carpet for me. I was very impressed with the same day service and the fact that they repaired it free of charge 3 months after the factory warranty expired. I have been running my floor vents with the heat at around 28 degrees to dry off the remainder of the carpet as well. The interesting thing is that if it had not been for the Drought and lack of any significant rain in SA for the past 3 years since the car was built, this would have no doubt been picked up by the previous owner, it is just over the last 4 weeks here we have had more rain and heavier rain than we have experienced in one period for well over a decade.

Good News!!

CMI Toyota at Christies Beach accepted that the fault was part of a 'known recall issue' and repaired it for me free of charge. It took a few hours they told me as they had to remove all of the roof lining. They found what was described on this Forum, a disconnected drain plug from the Moon roof on the drivers side, they installed the special clamps on all 4 plugs put it back together and even made an attempt to dry the carpet for me. I was very impressed with the same day service and the fact that they repaired it free of charge 3 months after the factory warranty expired. I have been running my floor vents with the heat at around 28 degrees to dry off the remainder of the carpet as well. The interesting thing is that if it had not been for the Drought and lack of any significant rain in SA for the past 3 years since the car was built, this would have no doubt been picked up by the previous owner, it is just over the last 4 weeks here we have had more rain and heavier rain than we have experienced in one period for well over a decade.

good to see that you got it sorted. another good thing is that if it was a known issue toyota is honouring out of warranty repairs. i would suggest that the carpet should be lifted to dry it and the underfelt correctly or your going to use a lot of glen 20 , lol

My TRD was leaking from the same moon roof drain plugs everyone else has had problems with, onto my go fast foot like it was coming from a bucket. When i was looking at the TRD Aurion back in 07 i was looking pretty hard over the cars and noticed a common leak into the boot comming from the rear spoiler and flooding into the spare tyre well (mine included), most of the cars that had the water in the tyre well was only from the car yards cleaning them as it was the middle of summer and hadn't rained in a couple of months so have a look at that and get it sorted out before the tyre falls out of the boot from a rusty floorsmile.gif