Sportivo springs

Ic3Man

Hey guys..

I've been asking around for the price of the Sportivo springs for the corolla, and at one place they told me the retail price as being $293.

At that same place they were selling it for $293 incl GST, and then I asked for installation price, and they told me $528 .. ! :blink: It could be the springs + installation, but i dunno.. I e-mailed them just then.

At another place they quoted $315 for the set and $165 fitting, and at another.... $350 just for the set.

Does $480 for springs inc. fitting sound right ?

For people who have the sportivo springs installed how much did it set you back ?

Cheers

I wouldnt really bother with the Sportivo springs.

I have king lows and the look is only just passable, but the ride is still great.

As for pricing its really up to you. Supply and fit should always include 1 wheel alignment on the day and another 1000km down the track. This is because the springs will settle and may put the alignment out slightly.

Furthermore, its important that the guy doing the alignment knows what hes doing, I've had alot of reports from people using quickfit etc that they drive away with worse alignment then when they arrived. So be careful who you leave your car with.

Hmm...

Reading posts that were made a few weeks back tell me that having 'low springs' and stock shocks will wear out the shocks quicker, and so it would be better off getting both shocks and springs at the same time.

Don't wanna bring that topic up again though...

Driving carefully.. i.e avoiding pot-holes and taking it easy on humps ... that will reduce the wear and tear rate of the shocks right... but approx how long will they last ?

i was quoted $235 for the springs and $360 for installation ($90 for each corner). Bloody ripoff i'd say but that's toyota!  :lol:

Which dealer was this at ?

Glen Waverley one in Melbourne, Vic.... actually the service and parts centre up the road a bit... hmmmm what's that area called.... *thinking* mulgrave! thats it... :lol:

Are the actual springs on the Sportivo the same as the Toyota genuine accessory one ??

This has come up before and the answer is

No they're not.

The Sportivo uses the exact same springs as an Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

The difference in suspension set up is the Shockers/Dampers are tuned/valved differently to be 40% firmer, so to are the bushes. Everything else is the same.

So if you put the optional "Sportivo" springs on a Corolla Sportivo, it does actually lower the car.

Are the actual springs on the Sportivo the same as the Toyota genuine accessory one ??

The Sportivo uses the exact same springs as an Ascent/Conquest/Levin.

I don't think this is right - if they were the same springs then the stock Sportivo ride height would be the same as the 1ZZ models, which it isn't.

Anyway, make me a reasonable offer on my as new, low km, Sportivo springs and they are yours...

Edited by oz_viking