Ohhh Nooooo

lucio_libre

What set up did you actually finish up with and what was the cost?

Makes sense, it the car's tied down better, the front end of the car will lift less under acceleration giving you more traction and less wheel spin, this in turn making the revs drop down that little more as you engage second.

Carlo I finished up with Koni yellows adjustable all round, and whiteline 40mm lowering springs. The car dropped nearly 50 on the front and 45 on the back. I also wacked in a whiteline strutbrace and ive got a rear sway bar coming from them also. Its low enough, infact it might be a tad too low. Today for example i parked in the city and couldnt get out coz the door would have hit the side of the gutter, so i had to scramble across the other side. I also managed to swipe the right side skirt a little, lucky you can hardly see it but yeah, i have to change my driving all together now.

So far, $1380 for the spring shockers combo installed, and $70 for the swaybar :) brand new in a box, the dude at repco just happen to have one lying around for a year(the same one i must have ordered last year but never went to pick it up coz they never rang and i forgot :lol: ).

Ps: I fixed that problem wei wei...i just moved the seat forward an inch :rolleyes:

The car handles unreal, but..i cant land in lift 1/2.....the setup has had some effect on the dynamics. Has anyone occured this????

Went out after reading this thread and was trying this since i put the rims and dropped the car.... It took slightly a bit more effort but landing lift on the 1/2 change is still manageable... well it still is in my car .... now what i cant guarentee (spelling guru's feel free to flame me :P :P :P) for anyone is this will work for them as everyones setup is different eg i have a few goodies ;) ;) (which definitely aid in quick gear changing) + lightweight 17's which are several KG's lighter than the standards so this might all be playing in my favour i dunno but its good that its still possible :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ok this is what happened..... The car had been off for about 3 hours.... I then warmed it up for 2 mins then went for a 15 min drive down the highway to indoor soccer... Played my game and was back in the car about 45-50 mins later.... when i was at the main street going into my street its dead straight so say 14.5 mins driving back from the indoor place home and thats when i tried it..... The only thing i can think of is the street is slightly slopping downhill so this is obviously in my favour...Now i have also been able to do it coming up the other way previously but i didnt try this tonight.... Ok what ill do is there is a flatter street in my area so ill have to try it again for u and let u know .... Also i will take a look at how cold the engine is .... i would assume in the above situation it would have been at about half way which is where it normally sits after 10-15 mins of driving.....

also if its a huge concern regarding weight i only had just over a 1/4 of a tank of fuel .... about 1 strip over....

I found it harder to land one two because the road was crappy, making the car bouncier as it is stiffer, making the gear change just a fraction slower. It makes up for it on a smooth road cornering like a proper sports car should. It feels that way anyway so i guess its not a bad compromise.

Hi lucio,

just to let u know that i gave this another try today down the same street but this time i had an attempt in each directions i.e. 1 uphill & 1 down hill.

Again down hill was no issue....

Uphill did land in lift but not as high up the tacho as the downhill run.....

Mind u it really isnt a hill just a slope so dont get the impression that im doing this up a 70 degree steep hill

But the one thing i did notice is i did have to abuse the clutch a bit more so this is definitly something i will not be doing regularly.... probably only if i go down the

1/4

cheers

Bill

Hi Justin,

Bascially as u know between 6200 & redline is when our hi-cam is up and running ie lift. Now you will notice that if u are not experienced in the stivo that when shifting from 1->2 that ur revs will drop to about between 5000-6000 meaning u get switched back to the low cam..... The impact of this is a delay in then building the revs and speed back up to get urself back in the hi-cam as that is where the power is at.....

Trust me once u do it for the 1st time ull love it and ull notice how much quicker ull get to 100km/h that lag to build up the revs again is really annoying and does slow u down.

cheers

Bill

p.s. as ur car is brand spanking new try this at ur own risk ;) ;) ;)

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking but i just couldnt find a way to explain what i was thinking

and yeah my car is new but i drove like a grandma for like 800kms so after that i decided to start driving it a bit harder to get the motor drven in properly to how i like it try to hit lift more often and so on

ill probably reach the 1000kms mark tomoz so i think it'll be safe to give it a go

everyone was telling me to drive it in hard otherwise the car wont get its full potential so im already 800kms behind lol