IGO 8 Map Updates

Bruster

I'll be out tonight to grab this off DJ hpefully. If not i will hit you up. Monkey's working for SB managed to loose my SD card out of my GPS unit :P

I will bring my lappy with all the **** on it...

That would be good Mick! No rush buddy!

I have uploaded the files for all to access. The contents are as follows:

iGO8 system files + NAVTEQ 2010Q2 maps (latest) + 3D bulidings and terrain + Text-to-Speech (TTS)

The TTS may cause your GPS to lag, so I can't guarantee it. File size is about 524MB because of the 148MB of TTS stuff, but this is a one size fits all package. Just extract the iGO8 folder in the root of the ZIP onto the root of your SD card. Select iGO8.exe as the GPS program and you are all set.

Feel free to get them from here:

http://djkor.com/external/document/firmware.zip

iGO8 system files + NAVTEQ 2010Q2 maps (latest) + 3D bulidings and terrain + Text-to-Speech (TTS)

The TTS may cause your GPS to lag, so I can't guarantee it. File size is about 524MB because of the 148MB of TTS stuff, but this is a one size fits all package. Just extract the iGO8 folder in the root of the ZIP onto the root of your SD card. Select iGO8.exe as the GPS program and you are all set.

just in refernce to the above said. does GPS "lag" mean that the speech will sound like a fax or a corrupted mp3 file? i currently use a "AUTOGPS" unit with "iGO8" unsure of the version but i assume it is the latest as the seller sent it with the unit,on regular occassions the speech will sound like a fax. I have downloaded and reinstalled software which the seller has provided but still no luck. The only time the unit works is if i shut all speech off, turn off GPS volume and rely on visuals only. Does anyone else experience the same here? please advise, thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Daryl for sharing the IGO8 maps works great

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DJ,

Thank you for posting the files. I have downloaded and install it on a SD card. When I run it on my Chinese in car GPS unit (7" touch screen), the image is too big to fit in the GPS screen. Is there a way to fix this problem? Btw I am pretty new to this, and I only know that my GPS unit runs on Windows CE 5.0.

Your advice is most appreciated.

Sok

Edited by Sok

Everything works fine now... Thanks for the wonderful posts....

thanks DJ for iGO8...works great....except that im not too sure if the speed cam function works....i have been driving around but seems like there is no warning or something...my iphone navigon app used to warn me about speed cams all the time...and the iGO map doesnt show the red light and speed cams.....

any suggestion guys?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i have updated my IGO8 mapes from DJ's link on the Auspack unit I have. However, I have one problem that I cannot get around. When I start the Navigator, since i have updated the maps the unit wont pick up my GPS reciever. The only way to get around it is to go to the GPS settings and un tick the GPS enable box, change the BUAD from 9600 to 4800 and it will pick up the reciever straight away.

But when i exit the navigator or switch the car off it dooesn't hold those settings and reverts back to the original settings and again wont pick up the reciever.

I have searched the SD card for the settings but no luck. I have reseted the user data managment but no go.

Anybody else has this problem or has a solution??????????????

Ok i have updated my IGO8 mapes from DJ's link on the Auspack unit I have. However, I have one problem that I cannot get around. When I start the Navigator, since i have updated the maps the unit wont pick up my GPS reciever. The only way to get around it is to go to the GPS settings and un tick the GPS enable box, change the BUAD from 9600 to 4800 and it will pick up the reciever straight away.

But when i exit the navigator or switch the car off it dooesn't hold those settings and reverts back to the original settings and again wont pick up the reciever.

I have searched the SD card for the settings but no luck. I have reseted the user data managment but no go.

Anybody else has this problem or has a solution??????????????

I'm having the exact same problem!!! Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I'm sure someone here will help us out ;)

Edit: Just change the sys file to 4800 were it says "Baud Rate". I should've thought of that earlier, silly me!

Edited by Sanz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I hate just randomly doing this.

But i have seriously been banging my head against a brick wall...

I've got one of the eBay DVD GPS units, and ive had iGO8 running on it for about 3 years or so, and in trying to update the maps.. i keep going round in circles.

I must have tried every iGO download on the internet.. and i get random errors to failed boot etc etc.

Im just looking for a copy of someones SD card.

I know DJKOR posted a complete package a little while ago, but im just after an 'image' of a working SD card with iGO and maps...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Apologies again. :)

• 7 years later...