So whats everyones thoughts....

moggillsx6

Whats the general feeling from everyone.

I've got an SX6...not overly happy with the badging....the TRD ones look great..... Mate keeps telling me however that those who put badges on cars that are "truly" that are often berated and branded "tossers"....Kind of like the guys who drive commodores with Chev badges or HSV badges when clearly they are not HSV.....

What are everyones thoughts?? And you can be honest I am a big boy.....

I've had my say on this before... can't find the thread though. Anyways, it was something like this:

Personally I think it is pointless. At the end of the day though, those that understand will, and those that understand won't and just see it as another badge. As long as you aren't calling your car a TRD like half the American Toyota population do just by sticking a badge on their car, then feel free to do what you want.

Debadge it. Make people curious of what your car is when you pass them instead of people dissing you, knowing it's just the badge and isn't one. :whistling:

No offense intended to any1. :)

mmm well i have a TRD badge on the boot of my car, but that said other than the bodykit and supercharger my car has all the other main changes the TRD cars recieved.

mmm well i have a TRD badge on the boot of my car, but that said other than the bodykit and supercharger my car has all the other main changes the TRD cars recieved.

In a situation like this, lets say you made every change to your Sportivo that the TRD has so when you look at it bit by bit, it's pretty much a TRD in construction. At the end of the day, it's still not a TRD in my opinion, but others may think otherwise. That's my thoughts on the whole badging thing. But anyways, a badge is a badge. People can do as they wish.

dosent adding a trd badge automatically increase HP? :P jk

id say do whatever makes YOU feel good. after all it's YOUR car... its just like car waxes, what one person declares as the best shining wax, others may have a different opinion...

good luck :)

yeah true, true. It's your car do what you like and what your happy with. At the end of the day it's your coin and car. a badge isnt going to make or break it, personalise it how you wish & screw the rest of the world lol.

I don't get the whole debadging thing. Personally I prefer the badges. Cars look odd and bare without them, and who cares if other people know what your car is. Those that know will know what it is anyway, and those that don't will just have another reason to call it a Camry.

In a situation like this, lets say you made every change to your Sportivo that the TRD has so when you look at it bit by bit, it's pretty much a TRD in construction. At the end of the day, it's still not a TRD in my opinion, but others may think otherwise. That's my thoughts on the whole badging thing. But anyways, a badge is a badge. People can do as they wish.

As much is its not a TRD, though, I see whacking on a TRD badge when its got TRD parts being no different to banging on an Ultra Racing or Alpine or whatever other brand sticker you happen to have gear from. The TRD badge isn't like, say a Subaru with 'tuned by STi' branding where there's actually been some inhouse aftermarket tuning done by STi. You can have your Sportivo or ATX or whatever functionally identical to a TRD just by banging on the bits.

I don't get the whole debadging thing. Personally I prefer the badges. Cars look odd and bare without them, and who cares if other people know what your car is. Those that know will know what it is anyway, and those that don't will just have another reason to call it a Camry.

It's all just one of those person taste things I guess. I thought my Sportivo would have looked odd before I debadged it, but once I did, I thought it looked much better. The rear of the Sportivo is already 'busy' as it is, so I don't see an issue with it being bare. It depends on how you see it. But like it has been said time and time again, it's your car, so your taste should be what is reflected in it.

2010-01-07-02.jpg

As much is its not a TRD, though, I see whacking on a TRD badge when its got TRD parts being no different to banging on an Ultra Racing or Alpine or whatever other brand sticker you happen to have gear from. The TRD badge isn't like, say a Subaru with 'tuned by STi' branding where there's actually been some inhouse aftermarket tuning done by STi. You can have your Sportivo or ATX or whatever functionally identical to a TRD just by banging on the bits.

Yeah that's exactly how i see it. In actual fact Aurion and Hilux are the only cars in the entire world to leave a Toyota factory bearing a TRD badge. Remember what TRD is??? It’s not a production based hot up division like HSV, FPV, AMG, M-Division, Ralliart etc. It's simply Toyota's performance upgrade PARTS Division. So just like your example of having an Ultra Racing product on your car gives you every right to have an Ultra Racing sticker on it, any Toyota that bares an upgraded TRD part is also entitled to wear a badge or sticker? Seems fair enough doesn’t it?

Yeah that's exactly how i see it. In actual fact Aurion and Hilux are the only cars in the entire world to leave a Toyota factory bearing a TRD badge. Remember what TRD is??? It’s not a production based hot up division like HSV, FPV, AMG, M-Division, Ralliart etc. It's simply Toyota's performance upgrade PARTS Division. So just like your example of having an Ultra Racing product on your car gives you every right to have an Ultra Racing sticker on it, any Toyota that bares an upgraded TRD part is also entitled to wear a badge or sticker? Seems fair enough doesn’t it?

True.. Unfortunately, not all people think that way. TRD Aurion is mainly famous for its Supercharger. No SC, no TRD.

Most people think Mercedes has AMG, Audi has S series, BMW has M series, Toyota has TRD. No matter how much each car tries to get to the hot up division in any way, Body kits, Performance, etc, in the end, it's not what it was originally created. In the end when you're about to sell it, the price reflects where it belongs.

But hey, I agree with do what you think is best. If you are bothered with how people think, you can always re-consider, but there will be no end to it. It's just a fact that there's always a group of people who won't like it your way. After all, modding the car to ur own preference make it unique..

KISS Keep it simple stupid.

Debadge that mofo. The only stick you should be putting on your car is to support the club.

Having said that, each to their own and do what you want to your car.