Toyota recall

SCOOTA44

Another big toyota recall, says mostly US and Japan and other markets ??? does this include Aurion in Australia ?

Apparently it concerns the master brake cylinder leaking on some models.

Other models have problems with a plug on the fuel pump.

The news say, that 1.5 million cars are affected, 740000 in the US, 600000 in Japan, the rest elsewhere.

Affected models mentioned are: Lexus, Avalon, Crown (generally higher end models).

I haven't read about the Aurion yet.

Another big toyota recall, says mostly US and Japan and other markets ??? does this include Aurion in Australia ?

The news say, that 1.5 million cars are affected, 740000 in the US, 600000 in Japan, the rest elsewhere.

Affected models mentioned are: Lexus, Avalon, Crown (generally higher end models).

In Short no. and it affects the MCX20 Avalon not the model that was sold here (That’s the MCX10)Although MCX20 Avalon does share some components with Aurion this recall does not affect any Australian built vehicle. Only outstanding recalls on Aurion are those i brought up the other day. Only vehicle this action will affect in Australia and at this stage is still only a field repair not a recall is MCU28 Kluger which Toyota has been investigating a slow fluid leak from the brake master cylinder on a few cars.

But stay tuned for further news.

In Short no. and it affects the MCX20 Avalon not the model that was sold here (That’s the MCX10)Although MCX20 Avalon does share some components with Aurion this recall does not affect any Australian built vehicle. Only outstanding recalls on Aurion are those i brought up the other day. Only vehicle this action will affect in Australia and at this stage is still only a field repair not a recall is MCU28 Kluger which Toyota has been investigating a slow fluid leak from the brake master cylinder on a few cars.

thats a relief, aussie built ones done properly !

thats a relief, aussie built ones done properly !

Lol yep we make them the right way here! TMCA is regarded as the best builder of Camry anywhere in the Toyota World, clearly flows across to it's big brother too :P

...it's big brother...

It's not a @#&$^%+ Camry! :P hahahaha

Seriously though, somebody here had to actually mean the quality bit in build quality. We couldn't ask too much of Holden or Ford.

Well f**k me freddy dont the media have a feild day when it's a Toyota recall? it hasnt even been offically announced as a recall yet as there hasnt been enough affect vehicles... as per the prius recall they make it sound like you'll go for the brakes and nothing will happen when the actually truth is that on a few exaples it's been noted by dealers that there's been dripping at the brake master cyclinder. Sure still a big deal but now as bad as it's been made out to be. As an employee of the big T i feel the need to come to it's defensive as this sort of unfair attention is crap and really annoys me! any other manufacturer has a recal and its tuct away in a corner but as soon as its Toyota it's got to be world news and its holy crap the sky is falling!

It's not a @#&$^%+ Camry! hahahaha

Seriously though, somebody here had to actually mean the quality bit in build quality. We couldn't ask too much of Holden or Ford.

lol by big brother i was meaning Aurion ya blonde! :P

Well f**k me freddy dont the media have a feild day when it's a Toyota recall? it hasnt even been offically announced as a recall yet as there hasnt been enough affect vehicles... as per the prius recall they make it sound like you'll go for the brakes and nothing will happen when the actually truth is that on a few exaples it's been noted by dealers that there's been dripping at the brake master cyclinder. Sure still a big deal but now as bad as it's been made out to be. As an employee of the big T i feel the need to come to it's defensive as this sort of unfair attention is crap and really annoys me! any other manufacturer has a recal and its tuct away in a corner but as soon as its Toyota it's got to be world news and its holy crap the sky is falling!

It's fucked... its not fair, and its not accurate I agree.

I think the reason it happens though is two part... one, that toyota's are renowned for their exceptional build quality, and that it is unusual for something to go wrong and two that toyota is the largest car manufacturer in the world, so that when their is a recall a lot of vehicles are involved.

That, and on the back of the 'unexpected acceleration' and prius break recalls makes it 'newsworthy'... I personally think it is bullcrap and the media, et al. should back up off toyota.

Toyota's quality control has gone down the pits last few years and what they believed in "The Toyota Way" interesting read worth hiring the book from the libray

AUR30N

It's inevitable that aspects of quality control would be degraded by Toyota's push in recent years to be the largest manufacturer globally, and even Akio Toyoda has admitted this. Quality is directly proportional to quantity, albeit some manufacturers more than others.

On a side note, saw your car @ Kingswood a few days ago AUR3ON, going down Great Western Highway. I saw you as I was turning @ the lights from uni in the black facelift Aurion Sportivo, not sure if you saw me.

Toyota's quality control has gone down the pits last few years and what they believed in "The Toyota Way" interesting read worth hiring the book from the libray

AUR30N

It's inevitable that aspects of quality control would be degraded by Toyota's push in recent years to be the largest manufacturer globally, and even Akio Toyoda has admitted this. Quality is directly proportional to quantity, albeit some manufacturers more than others.

On a side note, saw your car @ Kingswood a few days ago AUR3ON, going down Great Western Highway. I saw you as I was turning @ the lights from uni in the black facelift Aurion Sportivo, not sure if you saw me.

I think I might of seen you - my car would of been all dirty too when you would of seen me lol

AUR30N

Probably should change the thread title ... As it isn't classified as a recall.

As the news said, the brake check lamp may come on for affected vehicles (Kluger and Lexus RX).

There is also no safety concern for brake performance loss, unless the check lamp is ignored for an extended period.

Probably should change the thread title ... As it isn't classified as a recall.

As the news said, the brake check lamp may come on for affected vehicles (Kluger and Lexus RX).

There is also no safety concern for brake performance loss, unless the check lamp is ignored for an extended period.

fair call.

The Toyota Way and TPS (Toyota production system) make for great reading and has been something that's fascinated me and something ive really enjoyed (and at times hated) learning about and experiencing but it is regarded as simply the best practice. Companies like Boeing AMP and NAB just to name a few either use or have adapted the Toyota way or production system.