Change cruise control range on Aurion

JimmyM

I am about to buy a second-hand Aurion. (Just missed out on one at auction an hour ago. :-(

Because of a medical condition I like to use the cruise control to start at as low a speed as I can, given the prevailing traffic conditions.

The after-market cruise control I have fitted to my Commodore VS I have set to start round 30 km/h.

Is anyone familiar enough with the Aurion computer to be able to tell me if this setting can be changed in the Aurion?

Cheers

Jim

Im pretty sure its approx 40kmph but worse comes to worse go to toyota take a aurion for a test drive and see ? ill try tonight on the way home and see how low i can go :)

It's approximately 40km/h and no lower. Isn't a facility to adjust that as well.

Does the cruise control work while you are in the manual gear range?

Sure does. You can change to a lower gear range as well (within the upper gear limits) and the engine will just rev higher to compensate.

Thanks Amaro and djkor.

Another question:

Does the cruise control work while you are in the manual gear range?

Cheers

Jim

Yes, but I have just gone through the trouble of studying my manual for you a bit more and I've learnt something new myself.

Okay here goes:

The transmission must be in "D" or between "4" (forth range) and "6" (sixth range) in "S" position before you can set the cruising speed.

Also, you can set cruise control at any speed ABOVE 40KM/h. And each tap of the cruise control (up or down) will decrease or accelerate the car by 1.6Km/h.

Hope this helps :)

And each tap of the cruise control (up or down) will decrease or accelerate the car by 1.6Km/h.

I never really read the manual, so that comes as something interesting to me. Most other cars I have been in, one tap equals an increase/decrease of 3km/h. Funny thing is, this is the exact same behaviour my Aurion exhibits.... Well I'm fairly sure it does because If I need to go faster, I count how many times I push the lever.

But then again, I rarely ever use cruise control, so manual facts win over my memory.

And each tap of the cruise control (up or down) will decrease or accelerate the car by 1.6Km/h.

I never really read the manual, so that comes as something interesting to me. Most other cars I have been in, one tap equals an increase/decrease of 3km/h. Funny thing is, this is the exact same behaviour my Aurion exhibits.... Well I'm fairly sure it does because If I need to go faster, I count how many times I push the lever.

I actually knew about the 1.6km/h speed the first day I got the car. I had no clue how to use CC when I bought the car so I studied it in the manual.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Thanks guys.

I am hiring an Aurion from Hertz for 24 hours from 10am tomorrow.

It'll cost me $100, but I need a long drive because some of my problems only come after a long time driving.

I'll start with a trip to the Sunshine Coast and get to see just how it suits me.

Cheers

Jim

Drove a Hertz Aurion to the Sunshine Coast yesterday.

No chance to have a 'preview' before I drove it out into city traffic, so a few short stops along the way to figure cruise control, foot-parking brake, seats, and find the horn.

(Horn is not listed in the index.)

Really enjoyed the ride.

Everything works together well - even with my requirement to use cruise control, lower gears and parking brake more than most people.

Now back to the shopping for one.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Cheers

Jim

• 1 month later...

Mate, asking the question again and again isn't helping anyone. Understandable if you post it again since the first time you asked was here in the Aurion forum where the Aurion comes with a factory cruise control so help with aftermarket devices from us will be more limited. But generally, ask a question once and wait for an answer. I'll add my input to the question the Corolla forum.

i just bought a second hand corolla ascent which had cruise control as an added extra, so that means it not in the manual!!! i cant figure out how to use it.. wondering if any of you can help me?

This has been answered on Your previous thread. Click here.