Ipad and Metroview Sat nav.

Defyant

If you got a ipad with the 3g stuff you can just grab the app off itunes.(MetroView Aust) I think 25 bux and you get yourself a large screen Sat nav ! Done some testing last night and for the most part it's easy to use with good directions and nice big screen.

I love my sat navs and have used em all and i think this is as good as any and prolly better then most. Not sure if trying to sucker it to the windscreen would be a smart move in the car..... but might try it in the work truck :)

I just sat it down infront of the gear shift on the console and its looks and works fine. The screen is sooooo easy to use, full pinch and grab zoom with the ipads fluid motions. The amaount of map info you can see on one screen is amazing If any one needs some more info just ask :)

nav1.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

Size comapred to a 5" Garman

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

Could be a good temp solution... Especially if you rarely use the GPS. Trapster app might also be useful

Just Remember... Not to leave the IPAD laying around in the car like that :)

• 3 months later...

Quick update :)

Been using the pad and app along side a Garmin and Navman in the new 2ton work truck for a few weeks now and am finding the ipad great! It's a bit on the quiet side volume wise compared to the other units but in a new model izuzu truck it's not so bad.

The larger screen and easy touch responsive screen make the pad a joy to use. The software is as good as the garmin navman and ***** loads better then the tomtom (personal opinion)

Now that the new ipad is otw this may be an even more attractive alternative to the smaller gps units.