HID or Halogen Bulb?

JO00LZ

I have the current zre corolla sedan and I'm looking for some new replacement for the stock lights, and I was wondering if i should get 6000k HID's or just new halogen bulbs which are white?

Will the halogen bulbs still be pretty bright? (I know it won't be as bright as HID's) The car has reflector type headlights, so would it be a bad idea to get HID's because it will blind everyone?

Thanks in advance for opinions!

I have the current zre corolla sedan and I'm looking for some new replacement for the stock lights, and I was wondering if i should get 6000k HID's or just new halogen bulbs which are white?

Will the halogen bulbs still be pretty bright? (I know it won't be as bright as HID's) The car has reflector type headlights, so would it be a bad idea to get HID's because it will blind everyone?

6000K HID's! They look nice are arent too bright or too dull. They do lose some visibility. The clearest would be 4.300K bulbs or HIDs

Im sure they wont blind people, some people out there drive around with 8K and 10K, which is just ridiculous.

6Ks give you a white with slight blue hue.

4.3Ks are pretty much bright white.

8Ks are blue.

Think im gonna get Garax 6000K HID replacement bulbs. :lol:

Make sure you get the kit with everything in it, ballasts, wiring and what not. Goodluck.

h.i.d

6000K HID's! They look nice are arent too bright or too dull. They do lose some visibility. The clearest would be 4.300K bulbs or HIDs

Im sure they wont blind people, some people out there drive around with 8K and 10K, which is just ridiculous.

6Ks give you a white with slight blue hue.

4.3Ks are pretty much bright white.

8Ks are blue.

Think im gonna get Garax 6000K HID replacement bulbs. :lol:

Make sure you get the kit with everything in it, ballasts, wiring and what not. Goodluck.

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to get HID's then. =)

if u have the reflector type lights, make sure u can adjust the aim of the low beams abit lower since u don't have hid projectors. just squat down in front of ur high lights and roughly aim them so they are about 35 degree from the horizontal plane.

i did this to mine so i minimise the glare to on coming traffic/or the person in front.

one of my personal hates is the glare of the hids when people don't freaken know how to adjust them. makes me think they are constantly on high beams behind me. -_-

I've been thinking about this for a long time as well since ive got an ascent. From research HID's will have a longer life than halogen's and are alot cheaper as well. On youtube there's a clip of a guy installing HID's into an 09 corolla sedan which should be a little similar to your '10 model so that can help. 4300k is best if you have bad vision, the higher you go the worse it gets.

if u have the reflector type lights, make sure u can adjust the aim of the low beams abit lower since u don't have hid projectors. just squat down in front of ur high lights and roughly aim them so they are about 35 degree from the horizontal plane.

i did this to mine so i minimise the glare to on coming traffic/or the person in front.

one of my personal hates is the glare of the hids when people don't freaken know how to adjust them. makes me think they are constantly on high beams behind me. -_-

How do you adjust them? Is there a thing you turn or something that moves the angle, or do you do something by force? =S

Would be good if i knew. :P

I've been thinking about this for a long time as well since ive got an ascent. From research HID's will have a longer life than halogen's and are alot cheaper as well. On youtube there's a clip of a guy installing HID's into an 09 corolla sedan which should be a little similar to your '10 model so that can help. 4300k is best if you have bad vision, the higher you go the worse it gets.

Yeah, I saw that youtube video. I swear he's installing it into the high beams because when I look at my car, I have to put my hand in even deeper to reach the low beam bulbs. The closer one is the high beam. =S

If I am correct, there is a little knob on the right side of the steering wheel where you can adjust headlight levels. Not applicable for Levin ZR though, you have to go into Toyota due to the light leveling system in the ZR.

Peter.

How do you adjust them? Is there a thing you turn or something that moves the angle, or do you do something by force? =S

Would be good if i knew. :P

There should be headlight adjustment dials behind the headlight enclosure. They are usually grey and the size of a 10 cent coin.

One adjusts the light beam horizontally and the other vertically. You can do it by hand or using a socket wrench to turn the dials.

A good way to adjust the aim, is to park your car on level ground about 5 metres away from a wall, which you then make a marker that is just above knee level. Keep the engine running and headlights on and start adjusting the dials.

The reason why some people running around with HIDs blind others on the road, is because they have not bothered to do the above after having them installed in their car.

Vertical adjustment dial = adjust the light beam up and down to avoid lighting up a motorists rear window and cabin when your behind them. Adjust it, so that the beams only light up their rear bumper.

Horizontal adjusment dial = adjust so that your right headlight beam does not light up the opposite side of the road on to on-coming traffic.

With the left headlight, make sure you adjust it so that the light beam side cut off lights up a bit of your left hand side, but not too much. The light beam side cut off should be approx 50cm - 1 metre from your left front side fender. This will allow your left headlight to light up the left part of the lane like the gutter so that you can see kids, animals, drunk ppl, etc that might suddenly go on to the road from the footpath.

post-14950-0-57777500-1290389607_thumb.j

• 4 months later...