Injector cleaner

Denni

Hi guys

I'm wondering if someone can suggest the best type of fuel injector cleaner for my 2009 ATX.

Perhaps someone has tried various brands and has found one to be particularly effective.

New to the Aurion world after driving a company supplied Camry for 7 years, have to say the Aurion is in a different class altogether.

Thanks for a great forum, I've found it very interesting reading.

Thanks

Dennis

hey mate , welcome to the forums. imo, an injector cleaner is not neccesary for any car. thats what the filter is there for ;) but if you really itching to put one in, try liquimoly i think its called 15 bucks from SCA.

hey mate , welcome to the forums. imo, an injector cleaner is not neccesary for any car. thats what the filter is there for ;)

Partly true, even the best filter will still let stuff in and the injectors will slowly clog up over time, but injector cleaner isn't something you should need to run every 6 months or so, especially if it doesn't feel like it is needed.

injector cleaner

there we go guys a complete thread that was mostly dedicated to injector cleaners. :)

Ok, excuses for the reply on this topic that already had a complete thread on the forum. So that means that this topic will be merged/closed by the Moderators? :spiteful:

Lol give it time and im Sure Daryl (DJKOR) will either close it or merge it with the orignial thread which every he decides is the best way to go about it :)

Use better quality fuels and you may never need to use an injector cleaner

I use 95 octane fuels in my Camry, as 95 and 98 octane fuels give better economy the extra cost is less than it appears

The computers in modern cars adjust to the use of the better quality fuel and an improvement in driveability can be noticed after a few tank fills

I never use 91 octane as it contains ethanol and god only knows what other rubbish !

I use 95 octane fuels in my Camry, as 95 and 98 octane fuels give better economy the extra cost is less than it appears

The computers in modern cars adjust to the use of the better quality fuel and an improvement in driveability can be noticed after a few tank fills

I never use 91 octane as it contains ethanol and god only knows what other rubbish !

Applegarth is right. Use quality fuels and you'll find you probably won't need to use injector cleaners. On top of that, you'll probably also find that you get better fuel efficiency too.

Another good way to clean out your injectors is to every so often do a nice long drive at max country speeds (eg. 110km/h in WA) for a minimum 30km or so. This does wonders for injectors by blowing away whatever crap is messing up the spray pattern thus bringing up performance and efficiency, plus the engine also gets to burn off any collected soot or sludge/crap etc that's built up.

If you aren't able to do the long high speed drives to "burn off the built up crud in the injectors", the next best thing is to avoid CULP 91 (CULP - Crap Unleaded Petrol).

BTW, has anyone noticed that ULP 91 has a totally different color to PULP 95 or Vortex 98? Me thinks there's lots of leftover crap from the refinery in ULP 91...... either that, or this must me a local phenomenon in my area.

I also wonder if anyone else has noticed something unusual with fuel from Woolies branded petrol stations. These are NOT the Caltex ones, just the pure Woolworths ones. I've been buying fuel from Woolies for a while (not for my aurion, but for a company vehicle which I'm only allowed to put non-premium unleaded into, so I only put in the cheapest n nastiest fuel I can find!), and I've noticed that their unleaded tends to FROTH a lot. I mean actual froth, like bubbles which stays there and doesn't disappear. This is totally different to fuel bubbles. It's almost as if I'm filling the tank with dishwashing liquid, bubbles and all.....

I also notice that the company car has been running like a ****bag and I'm betting it's the cheapa$$ fuel I'm putting in it. Either that, or that's how Fords normally are. No offence to any Ford drivers out there.

Anyway, bottom line is, if your car gets to do enough long distance or sustained highway speed (100km/h or more) driving every couple of weeks, you probably won't be needing to add injector cleaners to your fuel. This is even with lots of stop/start traffic driving between the long drives.

Cheers,

BB

Edited by Beep Beep

Definately, beter fuels negate the need (most of the time) for the use of injector cleaner.

The times I have used it with good results are after prolonged city driving in stop start etc > 10,000km, where there is a noticable difference in smoothness and economy after the treated tank.

My preferred method of use is to combine a long trip of 1,200km up front with a treatment of injector cleaner. Is usually a different car to drive afterward :clap:

Edited by mr_grumble2010

I have been using BP Ultimate from get go after the original full tank was finished except one time when I actually did run out of fuel but luckily enough I ended up near the Caltex so used the 98 uh vortex (right word?). With this and BP Ultimate, my tank goes empty in just 2 and half weeks or if I am lucky 3 weeks. All that involved in stop and start traffic!

Back to the topic, well my old 02 Magna had fuel injector cleaner every 4th fill up so i pretty much kept the fuel system clean of build up. So for my current car, I have no idea how to spot the flat spots?

Just for the record, all unleaded petrol sold in Australia can (and does) contain a maximum of 2% ethanol.

If anything, ethanol content correlates with an *increase* in RON rating, rather than a reduction.

Just for the record, all unleaded petrol sold in Australia can (and does) contain a maximum of 2% ethanol.

If anything, ethanol content correlates with an *increase* in RON rating, rather than a reduction.

Mixing ethanol into petrol does increase the RON, but it also decreases the energy density (which is the reason why you use more of it). Put two and two together, and you find that you'll tend spend about the same amount on normal 95 premium (which will last longer but costs more) than you would on 95 E10 (costs less but doesn't last as long).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm driving a 2010 Aurion Pressara for over a year now in Saudi Arabia. I was using the 95 Gasoline since day one.

Two weeks I ran into a situation where my fuel was low and I was not able to get 95 Gasoline so i was forced to fill the 91 gasoline.

Now Even after, two refills, I feel my car is not driving like it used to. It has a heavier response than before.

What do you suggest?

1) Use a Cleaning agent to clean the fuel injectors

or

2) Continue using the 95 gasoline and the old 91 residue will go away.

or

3) I'm all ears to your suggestions.

My Current Mileage is above 25,000 Kms (15625 m) and we only have leaded gasoline here in Saudi Arabia.

Applegarth is right. Use quality fuels and you'll find you probably won't need to use injector cleaners. On top of that, you'll probably also find that you get better fuel efficiency too.

Another good way to clean out your injectors is to every so often do a nice long drive at max country speeds (eg. 110km/h in WA) for a minimum 30km or so. This does wonders for injectors by blowing away whatever crap is messing up the spray pattern thus bringing up performance and efficiency, plus the engine also gets to burn off any collected soot or sludge/crap etc that's built up.

If you aren't able to do the long high speed drives to "burn off the built up crud in the injectors", the next best thing is to avoid CULP 91 (CULP - Crap Unleaded Petrol).

BTW, has anyone noticed that ULP 91 has a totally different color to PULP 95 or Vortex 98? Me thinks there's lots of leftover crap from the refinery in ULP 91...... either that, or this must me a local phenomenon in my area.

I also wonder if anyone else has noticed something unusual with fuel from Woolies branded petrol stations. These are NOT the Caltex ones, just the pure Woolworths ones. I've been buying fuel from Woolies for a while (not for my aurion, but for a company vehicle which I'm only allowed to put non-premium unleaded into, so I only put in the cheapest n nastiest fuel I can find!), and I've noticed that their unleaded tends to FROTH a lot. I mean actual froth, like bubbles which stays there and doesn't disappear. This is totally different to fuel bubbles. It's almost as if I'm filling the tank with dishwashing liquid, bubbles and all.....

I also notice that the company car has been running like a ****bag and I'm betting it's the cheapa$$ fuel I'm putting in it. Either that, or that's how Fords normally are. No offence to any Ford drivers out there.

Anyway, bottom line is, if your car gets to do enough long distance or sustained highway speed (100km/h or more) driving every couple of weeks, you probably won't be needing to add injector cleaners to your fuel. This is even with lots of stop/start traffic driving between the long drives.

Cheers,

BB