Mobile Phone Hands Free

Has anyone got or seen those new little hands free kits that clip onto your phone and they transmit through to a certain radio frequency in the car ???

I need a hands free now that i have the manual (falcon is auto) and I saw these little things at the motor show but didnt have a real good look at them.

Any info would be great :D

Yeah I have seen them.

I have not seen them being used but have had a close look at packaging etc. The only problem I can see is that everytime your phone rings you have to manually change the station on your radio to the phone frequency. You would have it pre-set but you still have to change it, then answer your phone as normal. I don't think that they come with any microphone enhancements either so it would depend on how strong the pick-up on your phone mic was.

Has anyone got or seen those new little hands free kits that clip onto your phone and they transmit through to a certain radio frequency in the car ???

I need a hands free now that i have the manual (falcon is auto) and I saw these little things at the motor show but didnt have a real good look at them.

Im not sure of the range but I don't want people around me being able to tune into my conversation ;)

There is a caddy out for some phones. Plugs into your cigarette lighter, has a charger, speaker and mic on it. Its like a hard wired car kit but without the holes and the wires. I was trying to get one for my car but they dont have 1 for my phone :angry::angry:

The only thing that you have to do is turn ur radio off. Mic on there is pretty good, some of my friends have this caddy and they havent had a problem

Just got back from having a chat to the guys at Northfield.

From what I heard those radio things are ok but not great!!

I have booked it in for Wednesday to get a new Nokia kit put in.

It has the standard mic which sits up the top of the A pillar and it has a speaker which can be fitted out of site under the dash then a cable simply comes into the back of the console and plugs straight into the phone :D

I keep me phone in the drawer above the ash tray so it will work well i think. all i do is open the door and hit a button and im talking :)

I dont like the idea of a cradle or anything else that covers in the dash. especialy if it has to be drilled into :(

The one that im talking about plugs into the cigarette lighter and thats it. No drilling or anything. U just unplug it and put into the next car or in the glove box when u dont need it

ahhhhhhh the joys of a bluetooth phone. No need for the car kit really... though you can still get one, though you have to do some REALLY good shopping around if you don't want to pay the earth for one... still... saves destroying your dash.

It was called a "Car-baby"

Adding a phone does not destroy the dash. They can be repaired.

ohhhhhhhhh you know what i mean.... there are a lot of people out there who are very touchy about putting holes in the interior. :P

I'm just as happy either way..... better than 3 points and a hefty fine.

My mate had a hands free in his R33GTR...

When the phone rang, it would automatically turn the radio off and play the phone conversation through the speakers... Was a pain in the **** cause he got a call like every 2 mins...

i am a dealer of the original car baby and i agree with what has been posted. i am not working much with this item any more but it was clever and popular in many countries. it is being introduced to new countries. clones are on the market and these are poor quality.

i am a dealer of the original car baby and i agree with what has been posted. i am not working much with this item any more but it was clever and popular in many countries. it is being introduced to new countries. clones are on the market and these are poor quality.

Orrock,

You seem to have a hand in almost everything... :D Cool man.

please purchase a hard-wired system if you have $$$ and you talk frequently on your mobile while driving. if you do not have $$$ and do not talk much on your mobile while driving i think a universal wireless kit is more for you. please do not spend more than $15.00 for an original car baby.

before you purchase a wireless kit which works with an FM radio please check that the frequency is radio station free or else it will not work.

original car baby's frequencies are 88.9 and 106.4 mhz and the only city it does not work in is adelaide. often clones only had one frequency.

two-way radios can also be used with universal wireless kit.

i think its worth the $$$ to have a proper car kit installed. like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for. i installed the nokia bluetooth myself and saved $120 in installation. only took 15 min.

the hardest part was trying to figure out which wire was the mute wire on the factory deck (sat nav deck).......

i think its worth the $$$ to have a proper car kit installed. like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for.

i agree but you must send/receive mobile calls frequently while driving. there is little point in spending $$$ on an item you hardly use.

Got the unit installed yesterday.

It was the Nokia unit that Nikich was talking about that plugged into the cigarete lighter. All we did was hard wire it behind the dash and have the cable from the unit come in through the back of the top drawer, and the mic up the A pillar.

I works very well and the there is nothing you can see bar the small microphone.

Am very happy with the unit :D

are there any real dangers in starting up a car which has an electrical device already connected to its cigarette lighter socket? i remember reading a warning label from an item which functions this way.

are there any real dangers in starting up a car which has an electrical device already connected to its cigarette lighter socket? i remember reading a warning label from an item which functions this way.

I had a weird problem with my cigarette once in my Vectra (dud). I left my mobile phone plugged into the socket when I left the car and when I came back, the battery on my phone was totally drained and I thought that I didn't plug it in proper and it wasn't charging or something. Then I realise later that my phone was actually powering the car as I took the key out but the trip computer was still on...

Hmmm, don't know if that was a problem or was it meant to do that. Vectra...what a lemon.

E-gene - WOW.....a 2nd battery for the car hey ;).....that sounds strange.

I got the unit setup so that it works off the Accesories, so the key must be in and turned before the unit will activate.

Orrock - not sure about that one mate :blink: