Zeinheiger's Aurion Sportivo '08

Zeinheiger

Also on another note, I'm getting the resonator removed tomorrow arvo, I'm kinda unsure of how this will turn out, some cars sound amazing without the res, some sound horrible... Will post a vid of the before/after res delete sound, cheers

Where bouts you getting that done?

Sunbury Performance and Exhaust, they did my brakes and suspension for my bmw, they do a top job, so i'd always go with them

That the one on the corner of the roundabout with IGA on the other side of the roundabout? If that's the one that's where I got my rear mufflers done. They also did my old corolla.

Yeah that's the place!

I was talking to the guy in there, he actually mentioned he rarely see's Aurions come in, he did mention doing a muffler swap to "Supercats" or something like that, then the customer came back and got them changed over to another performance muffler because they didn't like the drone... Was that you by any chance?

That was me.

Kinda got the story wrong a bit tho. Initially I just removed mufflers and went straight pipe. Sounded GREAT but the drone was horrible. Then I swapped them out for supercats which sounded a bit softer but the drone wasn't as bad so I went with that.

Yeah, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, basically all I heard him say was partial sentences "Supercats, drone, muffler, Aurion" that's all that went through my head....

At least I know if I see your car rolling through Sunbury, I'll have to wind down my windows and have a listen, how much did the supercats set you back? Wouldn't happen to have a soundclip by any chance, I'm liking the Varex ones, but I can't seem to justify spending so much

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also on another note, I'm getting the resonator removed tomorrow arvo, I'm kinda unsure of how this will turn out, some cars sound amazing without the res, some sound horrible... Will post a vid of the before/after res delete sound, cheers

Where bouts you getting that done?

Sunbury Performance and Exhaust, they did my brakes and suspension for my bmw, they do a top job, so i'd always go with them

That the one on the corner of the roundabout with IGA on the other side of the roundabout? If that's the one that's where I got my rear mufflers done. They also did my old corolla.

Yeah that's the place!

I was talking to the guy in there, he actually mentioned he rarely see's Aurions come in, he did mention doing a muffler swap to "Supercats" or something like that, then the customer came back and got them changed over to another performance muffler because they didn't like the drone... Was that you by any chance?

That was me.

Kinda got the story wrong a bit tho. Initially I just removed mufflers and went straight pipe. Sounded GREAT but the drone was horrible. Then I swapped them out for supercats which sounded a bit softer but the drone wasn't as bad so I went with that.

Yeah, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, basically all I heard him say was partial sentences "Supercats, drone, muffler, Aurion" that's all that went through my head....

At least I know if I see your car rolling through Sunbury, I'll have to wind down my windows and have a listen, how much did the supercats set you back? Wouldn't happen to have a soundclip by any chance, I'm liking the Varex ones, but I can't seem to justify spending so much

OMG, the straight pipes is the sound I'm after :D What sort of system was it? I'll see if I can withstand the drone, and I can't believe I didn't get to hear the beast roar when we did the recon run

OMG, the straight pipes is the sound I'm after :D What sort of system was it? I'll see if I can withstand the drone, and I can't believe I didn't get to hear the beast roar when we did the recon run

It's not 'a system'...

It's just the two rear mufflers removed, replaced with some straight pipe, bent in the right way to fit the flange with two tips welded on.

That's it.

It's not 'a system'...

It's just the two rear mufflers removed, replaced with some straight pipe, bent in the right way to fit the flange with two tips welded on.

That's it.

Oh cool, sorry for hijacking the thread Zeinheiger

Looking forward to seeing what option you go with :D

It's not 'a system'...

That's it.

Oh cool, sorry for hijacking the thread Zeinheiger

Looking forward to seeing what option you go with :D

Not a problem, I was very keen on hearing Tofu's setup and I might have a word to the exhaust place tomorrow and see how much it'll cost... I'm even considering muffler delete now :ph34r:

Mate your car is the tits, honestly, I can't think of anything i don't like about it, had a read through your build, I definitely wanna do the ducktail as well, I also want to custom fiberglass it to make it a little bigger... Shame about your first set of rims though, that sucks

Cheers. Well.. Lots of things gonna happen in the next 2 months, including replacement for the black shoes.. So gettin pretty excited.. Lookin forward to it, hopefully it's gonna improve the look.

Just be aware that now you have removed the third brake light the vehicle can be defected, and in the case of a rear end collision the insurance companies can possibly void any claim. I think the ATX or other non-spoiler Aurions had a rear window brake light in order to meet this design rule. However I'm not 100% on this if anyone else can provide any info?

Otherwise she's looking pretty good. Agreed though now it needs a ducktail to balance things a bit.

I've overlooked this point for quite sometime and now's probably the right time to look into it since I got someone in the same boat. Any1 have any idea on how this should be done? I ma try ring toyota and quote on how much they gonna charge me for it.

And I don't think mounting LEDs into ducktail is such a good idea.

Just be aware that now you have removed the third brake light the vehicle can be defected, and in the case of a rear end collision the insurance companies can possibly void any claim. I think the ATX or other non-spoiler Aurions had a rear window brake light in order to meet this design rule. However I'm not 100% on this if anyone else can provide any info?

Otherwise she's looking pretty good. Agreed though now it needs a ducktail to balance things a bit.

I've overlooked this point for quite sometime and now's probably the right time to look into it since I got someone in the same boat. Any1 have any idea on how this should be done? I ma try ring toyota and quote on how much they gonna charge me for it.

And I don't think mounting LEDs into ducktail is such a good idea.

Most likely go with the back window 3rd brake light, my temporary fix works well... But I also want to get my windows tinted, which also puts in my mind whether I can tint the rear window and have the 3rd brake light behind the tint legally, I've been looking at alot of cars, and the 3rd brake light is integrated into the parcel shelf, my bmw has the light integrated and the tint doesn't cover the 3rd brake light, but then again, I've seen alot of other cars with the 3rd brake light tinted over :huh:

Also, if you get a quote from Toyota, feel free to share costs and the work involved, from the sounds of things it could be a new parcel shelf from an ATX, might just order the shelf and light myself and have a little project

Just did this today

Sounds much better inside the car, only slightly louder, hopefully do the mufflers soon

That's not too bad, you can hear a bit more sound out of the stock mufflers. Now with my Supercat mufflers and if I remove the resonator in the middle as well. I wonder how that would go. :P I wonder how much extra drone i'd get.

That's not too bad, you can hear a bit more sound out of the stock mufflers. Now with my Supercat mufflers and if I remove the resonator in the middle as well. I wonder how that would go. :P I wonder how much extra drone i'd get.

I'm getting absolutely no drone at the moment, which I'm quite happy with. I am fairly keen to upgrade my mufflers now

Looks good mate. Zip down to Supercheap (or your auto store of choice) and grab some more mesh and put a second layer in to darken it up a bit. You can also use the mesh to stretch the middle of the grill up so it sits flush with your bonnet. You might also like to check how its sitting with that black plastic engine cover thing (technical language... I know) - that cover should actually pull the grill up if you have it sitting right.

:) I’ve been waiting for you to post pics of this mod done :P being thinking of doing this to mine but only had a few pics of Elegants car to go off in regards to how it looks on Caribbean blue so was waiting until you had done it to get a better idea lol so thanks :) your doing eye lids too yeah?

Looks good mate. Zip down to Supercheap (or your auto store of choice) and grab some more mesh and put a second layer in to darken it up a bit. You can also use the mesh to stretch the middle of the grill up so it sits flush with your bonnet. You might also like to check how its sitting with that black plastic engine cover thing (technical language... I know) - that cover should actually pull the grill up if you have it sitting right.

Way ahead of ya mate, it's all flush with the bonnet now

1 step closer to ur sig.. :lol:

That's the plan B)

Nice! Ill be watching this thread! and your from victoria too! Hope to see you at future meets

Most definitely will

:) I've been waiting for you to post pics of this mod done :P being thinking of doing this to mine but only had a few pics of Elegants car to go off in regards to how it looks on Caribbean blue so was waiting until you had done it to get a better idea lol so thanks :) your doing eye lids too yeah?

Yeah i'll be doing the eyelids, won't be anytime too soon, I want to order my rear window spoiler and ducktail spoiler, so I can get them all sprayed professionally around the same time... But it's all coming together

Up next, nothing special, just window tint

And the latest change...

Less than $10, I bought 6 SMD LED's, they were meant for the doors only, but I purposely bought an extra 2 because they were extremely cheap ($2.70 for 2 inc postage) and I was doubting the quality of the lights because of the price... And well, they all work, gg Singapore. So I just put the spare 2 in the map lights just to see how it looks :rolleyes:

I'll be getting white for the map lights, dome, licence plate and parkers eventually...

Also these were taken with an iPhone

181977_10150098112911234_590926233_6391549_2664397_n.jpg

180109_10150098115116234_590926233_6391585_8114349_n.jpg

167729_10150098115606234_590926233_6391588_1246521_n.jpg

How Hektik of me

Looks awesome mate :D Done well clap.gif What size did you get for the door lights? Am currently looking at a dome light, but would be cool to do all the lights at the same time

Looks awesome mate :D Done well clap.gif What size did you get for the door lights? Am currently looking at a dome light, but would be cool to do all the lights at the same time

Thanks mate.

The door lights I've used a T10 5smd LED wedge, same as the map lights and I'm pretty sure the boot light is the same too... The dome light is a different bulb, I think they're called Festoon bulbs... Correct me if I'm wrong

2pc-Blue-T10-5-SMD-LED-Wedge-Lights-Bulbs-168-912-921.jpg

But you could easily fit a T10 9smd wedge in there, there's enough room for it if you want them a little brighter, you just have to take off these little pointless plastic covers to make room, you'll see what I mean when you do it

Q102084780.320x320.jpg

What colour are you going for?