Zeinheiger's Aurion Sportivo '08

Zeinheiger

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can safely say that a can of hardener and gloss colour costs $44, metallic is more and for the small area is not needed. To give you an idea my grille was done with a gloss, and was my first spray job which is why it's not perfect, will fix it up some day but it's good for now. But we can discuss further tonight if you want tongue.gif

Congrats on the 8k1 posts, man that's a lot blink.gif

Well everyone, Alexia lost he virginity today... And so did Abby

:unsure:

I'm talking about Drag Strip Virginity, me and Benji headed off to Calder Park Raceway to get a few runs in our Aurions... Sportivo VS Touring

And here's the results

Alexia #131 Abby was #133

img0321.jpg

My first run, not so good, but nonetheless a sub 15 second pass :yahoo:

img0328jj.jpg

Second Run against a HSV Maloo R8, yes I know, who would have thought a car with an extra 117kw would beat me <_<

img0326.jpg

3rd against Benji... Oh Would you look at that! If he tries to blame wheelspin, nobody believe him :P

img0327w.jpg

And last but not least... Against Benji again

img0329.jpg

And good old Dashboard cam, I mean iphone 4th gen cable tied to my GPS holder

The track got a bit greasy from a little bit of rain and I got a little bit sideways after the race, this was against Benji and yeah I beat him B)

Nice video, good to see you enjoying your cars :)

Down side for me is that I watch this and get annoyed at Toyota for not giving us the Blade......

Still I shouldn't be surprised... Love your Toyota concepts by the way:)

Well everyone, Alexia lost he virginity today... And so did Abby

:unsure:

I'm talking about Drag Strip Virginity, me and Benji headed off to Calder Park Raceway to get a few runs in our Aurions... Sportivo VS Touring

And here's the results

And where was MY invite? :(

I was home all night. :( Shoulda just gone down lol. Oh well. Awesome vids tho. :D

Was awesome seeing you guys run haha loved the 14.7 run and the awesome duel! Shame you were the only modern NA6's there. Would of been good to smash some falcs and dores, benji def wheelspun on the duel, will be interesting to see what times you get after cai + exhaust. Res del ftw hey Dale .5 kw gain : )

Nice video, hmmmm, 317 KW VS 200 KW :P

I swear I almost had him... My Nitrous button wasn't working :unsure:

EDIT: Ahh it's the mute button

And where was MY invite? :(

I was home all night. :( Shoulda just gone down lol. Oh well. Awesome vids tho. :D

Awww, I didn't think about that, sorry mate, We will definitely have to organise another one soon, are you free April 1st??? That's when the next one is, so if anybody else is interested, I'd be more than happy to go down again and try and improve my time, maybe we can get a few more Aurions, me and Benji attracted quite a bit of attention with our family sedans after our first race, a lot of people seemed surprised to see they can run a 14.7 stock, and I know they can go a bit better, I've seen it done, just need to get my launches right and I'm confident we could get mid to low 14's easily... And maybe some wider tyres, I don't think the 230's work as well as a set of 255's would in regards to intial traction

Was awesome seeing you guys run haha loved the 14.7 run and the awesome duel! Shame you were the only modern NA6's there. Would of been good to smash some falcs and dores, benji def wheelspun on the duel, will be interesting to see what times you get after cai + exhaust. Res del ftw hey Dale .5 kw gain : )

Res delete did about .0005 kw gain :P Good to see you there, you shoulda raced the AT-X

what would 78.9kw net me down the quarter? 20seconds? lol

Use This 1/4 Mile ET Calculator to work it out, put your cars weight in pounds and your horsepower from either flywheel or engine, I did a rough guess your car is about 1200 to 1300kg? Not too sure on that figure, lets think optimistically and you pulled out a bit of your interior, spare tyre, subs and you were dieting for a little while too and say you have a 1200kg car including driver (2400 tonnes/107hp) you should pull a 17.31 according to the calculator, that varies though, an optimistic guess would be a flat 18 second pass though... But i did plug in my power/weight figures and it tells me i should be running 14.1's <_<

But if anyone else is interested in a trip to the drags, let me know, I'm also keen to go to heathcote for a few runs, maybe I might try and squeeze in a couple of mods before my next drag day, if not, I'll go solo and anyone can come and join me if they wish :D

Good stuff Dale & Benji...flying the Aurion flag with pride,awesome to see. :toast:

Lee you're coming next time we're racing , I wanna see yours down the strip :spiteful:

Lee's car would probably do like a 25 second pass because of his sound system alone. ;)

It would certainly sound cool, doof doof doof down the 1/4. LOL. :D

Good stuff Dale & Benji...flying the Aurion flag with pride,awesome to see. :toast:

Lee you're coming next time we're racing , I wanna see yours down the strip :spiteful:

Lee's car would probably do like a 25 second pass because of his sound system alone. ;)

It would certainly sound cool, doof doof doof down the 1/4. LOL. :D

+1 spot on with all the extra audio weight...1/4 mile time maybe an option as opposed to tracking it,see what happens :unsure:

Well if you two are interested to go, I'd be happy to pick a day, Benji will come too, 4 Aurions would be awesome, if not, more. We were trying to convince Tash to run her Camry, but she can't until she gets her clutch fixed... Oh and Girls race for free at Calder... That's good news for you Lee :P

I joke, I joke :lol:

Also, I had a couple of happy snaps taken of me from an 'official photographer when I was staging the car and when I took off, so I have to somehow find them, I think they'll be on fullboost or HPheaven as they usually cover shots for the legal off-street drags

Well if you two are interested to go, I'd be happy to pick a day, Benji will come too, 4 Aurions would be awesome, if not, more. We were trying to convince Tash to run her Camry, but she can't until she gets her clutch fixed... Oh and Girls race for free at Calder... That's good news for you Lee :P

I joke, I joke :lol:

Also, I had a couple of happy snaps taken of me from an 'official photographer when I was staging the car and when I took off, so I have to somehow find them, I think they'll be on fullboost or HPheaven as they usually cover shots for the legal off-street drags

We'll get Tash and someone else with a Camry to run.

Then we'll get John and Barb to run the rollas. :P See the diff between auto and man LOL. :D

I've actually never been before so I'm gonna be a first timer too. Actually i've never been AT ALL! :o

We'll get Tash and someone else with a Camry to run.

Then we'll get John and Barb to run the rollas. :P See the diff between auto and man LOL. :D

I've actually never been before so I'm gonna be a first timer too. Actually i've never been AT ALL! :o

Oh really! But you live just down the road, although, I must confess I'm a 2 minute drive and I still rarely go to watch, I had a massive pile of free tickets, like a booklet of them, I have no idea where I put them though, I should look for them one day

We'll have to go again for sure, I was a complete noob the first time, so i'll let you know the process on how everything works before you race, but it's fairly simple, I was just lost on what to do after the run/where to go etc etc... But I got my embarrassing run out the way then I got to racing properly

hahaha well you can't have everything in life...at least my Aurion is more manly than yours :P

hahaha well you can't have everything in life...at least my Aurion is more manly than yours :P

That's strange, I enquired about an Aurion AT-X and I asked if they came in mens... They tell me unfortunately they don't :P

hahaha, you just wait, mine may be all stock, but it'll get there in due time, then it shall be very manly... You're a few years ahead of me in mods remember, but I'll do my best to catch up :D

Good to see you took her out to the strip. Were you manually shifting? Your 2nd to 3rd gear change sounded ever so slightly longer than usual. If you let the box do the shifting... you need to drive her harder for a week just before taking her to the drags :lol:

Edit: Interesting how they used pro-style timing on the tree (all three yellow lights at once).

I did the run against the Maloo in 'D' and got the 14.76, the run against benji in the vid was also in 'D' and my last run against Benji again I tried manually shifting and hit the limiter in 1st and 2nd which is probably why I got the 14.9x

Next time I head down I'll try manual shift but will aim to shift a bit earlier to avoid the limiter and hope for a 14.6 or 14.5

Next time I head down I'll try manual shift but will aim to shift a bit earlier to avoid the limiter and hope for a 14.6 or 14.5

I personally wouldn't manually shift... but if you find it improves your time, then by all means use it. My best recommendation is to leave it on "S6" and don't touch it, but that's only based on what I have experienced.

I personally wouldn't manually shift... but if you find it improves your time, then by all means use it. My best recommendation is to leave it on "S6" and don't touch it, but that's only based on what I have experienced.

I may have to try that then next time, I know you were pulling a 14.3 on your SX6 which makes me a little jealous, but I will just have to beat that... But lets not bring the TRD into this conversation :unsure:

I may have to try that then next time, I know you were pulling a 14.3 on your SX6 which makes me a little jealous, but I will just have to beat that... But lets not bring the TRD into this conversation :unsure:

Yeah, just experiment a little till you can find what works. For me, that's what I found always provided consistent results, however your quarter mileage may vary.

Another thing, make sure you time everything right so when you go there, you at the very least have your fuel warning light on. I aim to start my runs down the strip when your distance to empty says 10km or less.