Zeinheiger

My Build thread of my 2008 Aurion Sportivo SX6

163783_496990116233_590926233_6194915_3062557_n.jpg

164521_497397976233_590926233_6199861_1707400_n.jpg

168795_497406231233_590926233_6199912_3282619_n.jpg

162620_497504541233_590926233_6201134_3176691_n.jpg

166158_498481586233_590926233_6215600_4218665_n.jpg

167160_499335406233_590926233_6229775_1479361_n.jpg

Also my previous car on the right, 1991 e36 BMW 325i... Way too much money spent on it

But no point me showing pics of my stock standard Aurion, everyone knows what they look like stock... So I've used a bit of Photoshop to create some possible future mods

166614_499483331233_590926233_6232507_5251777_n.jpg

Something along the lines of this^ Could be very cheaply done, already looked at getting the eyelids/grille from Thailand, a friend of mine is a signwriter, so I'll be getting him to grab me a roll of Vinyl to do a partial cover on the bonnet and possibly the roof, And I'll see about someone good with fibreglass work to do me a nice front lip, probably not as big as the one in the pic, also skirts would be good too

168679_498535871233_590926233_6216709_7712766_n.jpg

Possible complete debadge of the rear, tinted tails, only problem is the Toyota emblem sits in a recessed Oval in the metal, so that would have to be filled over and painted... I'd love the look, but I'd prefer mods that I can easily change back to stock, for re-sale reasons later on etc

And I would kill to fill over the reflectors in the rear bar too, go for the clean look

Open to suggestions on mods

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate nice ride at least you know it will have been serviced well by the cops. Looking forward to seeing the mods come to life you have some good ideas. :yahoo:

question? sorry, know it it is not related to thread, but since Dale mention it being an ex cop car - would the car come with the enhanced break package that Toyota had to add for the Aurion being used as a pursuit car. If the car was indeed used for a pursuit car.

question? sorry, know it it is not related to thread, but since Dale mention it being an ex cop car - would the car come with the enhanced break package that Toyota had to add for the Aurion being used as a pursuit car. If the car was indeed used for a pursuit car.

I'm not too sure about it being a pursuit car, I could have a look and find out the brakes that came with the car and reference them to a standard Aurion, see if they differ

I'm not too sure about it being a pursuit car, I could have a look and find out the brakes that came with the car and reference them to a standard Aurion, see if they differ

Mmm basically the upgraded brake package that was used on the highway pursuit cars in QLD/NSW were pretty much the larger PBR rotors and callipers that was fitted to the TRD car, fair to say they wouldn’t have TRD on them or be painted red but the calliper and rotors are quite visually bigger also the calliper is aluminium so wouldn’t be hard to tell the difference just but looking, but if you’ve driven more than one Aurion before you would know if your car had the bigger brakes or not, i have them o n my car and the pedal feel is much better and the brakes have stronger retardation and they really drop the car on its noise, bloody good things!

Whilst it's true they did have some TRD in there fleet there was one state and it was either QLD or NSW who had Aurion's as standard patrol cars, but started using Sportivo's as pursuit/highway cars but in testing the standard brakes failed the repeated high speed brake test (was designed to simulate repeated stop at traffic lights and the like from high speeds)

From what I heard, the "special" break package only had to be applied to NSW Police cars used for pursuit as they have tougher criteria. I guess it would be cool to buy an ex cop car and get a better brake system on the car for free - flip side would be that if the car was indeed a pursuit car then the engine could have been given a good workout

well there we are then, well agree the brake package was fitted on NSW "pursuit" cars, i knew it was one of them but couldnt remember which one lol . im not 100% sure but i wonder if the Sportivo's chase cars run 18inch Kappa wheels or some other 18inch whees as im not sure the standard 17's can accomdate the bigger rotors and callipers?

Sad to say it only has the standard Aurion brakes, It was an ex QLD cop car, still unsure about 'pursuit vehicle' it's almost 3yrs old and sitting on 60,000k's... Only about 20,000k's a year... A bit over 50k's per day, so I'd assume it was regularly used given those figures.

... as im not sure the standard 17's can accomdate the bigger rotors and callipers?

The standard 17's will fit over the TRD brakes. So much so, the spare wheel in the TRD is a 17 inch Camry wheel.

NSW Police Highway Patrol Cars were xr6 Turbos and Holden SS VE and a family member of mine bought an ex cop car xr6 Turbo Bigger breaks better suspension at nighttime you can still see the numbers on the car, Bt nowadays there mainly undercover FPV Typhoon which is unbevielably quick.

... as im not sure the standard 17's can accomdate the bigger rotors and callipers?

The standard 17's will fit over the TRD brakes. So much so, the spare wheel in the TRD is a 17 inch Camry wheel.

Oh yes that's right they do, we had to put the 17in spare on our demo after a trip to symmmons but that had a space saver? but it was a 3500S so maybe SL's got a full size spare?

Oh yes that's right they do, we had to put the 17in spare on our demo after a trip to symmmons but that had a space saver? but it was a 3500S so maybe SL's got a full size spare?

You mean this 'space saver'? Still a Camry 17x7 alloy:

di-712941159113.jpg

You mean this 'space saver'? Still a Camry 17x7 alloy:

di-712941159113.jpg

MM i must admit i can't remember now, it happened at the end of the day so it was pretty much wacked on the car taken back to work and fixed so wasn’t on the car long, i do remember it been yellow but don’t recall the spokes? Though it was "solid" like a Rukus space saver? And much skinnier than 7.0 but as i said i really didn’t take that much notice :P

Which reminds me, i must get on to getting a spare 19inch wheel for a spare , but if your spare is a Camry 17x7 with I’m assuming 215/55 R17 rubber? That’s the same as my Spare Sportivo alloy and i run the exact same rim and tyre size as TRD so in theory if i had too could i run the Sportivo rim as a spare couldn’t i?

Which reminds me, i must get on to getting a spare 19inch wheel for a spare , but if your spare is a Camry 17x7 with I’m assuming 215/55 R17 rubber? That’s the same as my Spare Sportivo alloy and i run the exact same rim and tyre size as TRD so in theory if i had too could i run the Sportivo rim as a spare couldn’t i?

215/55R17. Well you could get a spare 19 inch wheel, but realistically, how often do you think you will use it? I would personally just keep your stock Sportivo alloy and just use it as a spare for temporary use. Besides, if you go for a wider wheel, your spare wheel cover in the boot isn't going to fit like it currently does.

215/55R17. Well you could get a spare 19 inch wheel, but realistically, how often do you think you will use it? I would personally just keep your stock Sportivo alloy and just use it as a spare for temporary use. Besides, if you go for a wider wheel, your spare wheel cover in the boot isn't going to fit like it currently does.

yeah your spot i, the only reason i was looking at getting another 19 was because i thought TRD ran a skinny space saver therefore didn’t do any research into my 17 wheel because i thought the rolling diameter would be miles different so would "skitz" the car out if i used it with three other 19's and yes that’s the very reason i had been a little lazy about getting another 19 because it would sit a good inch and about higher than the stock one in the boot, which would look a bit crap and also be a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

I do a bit of graphic design/car render work from time to time and decided to whip up a cartoonish render of what I'd like my Aurion to look like

toyota_aurion_sportivo_by_dazza_mate-d38gz4c.jpg

My sports grille is in the mail. So that's one step closer to this^

Also, anyone got some eyelids that they don't want??? I'd be happy to pay $$$ to get them mailed to me