A1 Car Broker

I have just placed my order for a new Sportivo. I am expecting delivery in 6 weeks.

I ended up going through A1 brokers. They have offices in all major cities. I only paid $35 for them to do all the work to get the best price. Now I dealing with the dealer. The service is fantastic.

Car Broker website

If you are in Melbourne, the contact is Chris Wilson

So I am really looking forward to getting my new Sportivo

Regards,

Gtapex :ph34r:

hi gtapex,

if u dont mind i also wouldnt mind finding out what u managed to get it otr as id be interested to see what these guys are really saving u .... I guess if its more than $35 which i imagine it would be then it is worth it....

hi gtapex,

if u dont mind i also wouldnt mind finding out what u managed to get it otr as id be interested to see what these guys are really saving u .... I guess if its more than $35 which i imagine it would be then it is worth it....

With everything included plus a free tank of petrol, it was less than RRP. I had the quote in less than 24hrs. Once you accept the quote, you then have a call from the dealer. Sign the papers as per usual.

Regards,

Gtapex

$27,299 on road with floor mats. i think the fact we had purchased another car from them within month or two, and also i bought the model off the floor with 25kms on it, hence the cheapness. (i bougth it on the 7th of july)

Alternatively try Castle Hill Toyota, they offered me a good deal too.

Another alternative speak to William Lee at Chatswood Toyota he offered me below retail too.

i dont get it.. what do car brokers do? why dont everyone go through them if they are so good?

what are the advantages/disadvantages of going through a broker?

Shopping for a car is part of the fun, but sometimes we simply dont have time to go looking/haggling...

sydney city toyota, waterloo

WTF, I offered them 28,000 on a sunday (less than 2 weeks ago) and said he had to speak to the sales manager and never rang back!!

27,299 was on the road???

It also depends which state you are from. Stampduty can make quite a bit of difference. Is yours classifed as Ex Demo?? Cause that is a good price

sort of it was on the floor for a week, but had only done 25kms, and thats stuff all considering like delievery and all that stuff they do. i was stoked with the price over $1000 of price

sort of it was on the floor for a week, but had only done 25kms, and thats stuff all considering like delievery and all that stuff they do. i was stoked with the price over $1000 of price

Sydney City put trade plates on the cars on the showroom floor and you test drive them....

The one I offered 28 on had 135kms on it.

Seems like mid 27's is what I should be aiming for!

I only paid $35 for them to do all the work to get the best price. 

Sorry dude, you got ripped off.

Car brokers get paid by the dealer to sell their cars.

It's like this. A dealership will sell the car at a set price which includes commissions etc for the salesman. They then throw on all the extras (stamps & rego etc) to give you a driveaway price.

The profit in the sale of the car goes toward 3 things, salaries, commisions & the dealerships bottom line.

A salesman at a dealership may make anything fromn $100.00 to $700.00 on a sale. Sometimes more.

Normally, you negotiate with a salesman, he talks to the boss, deals are done and everyones happy (usually).

A broker deals directly to the boss without the dealership having to pay the salesman commission.

Where for the sale of a Sportivo, the salesman may make $400.00 commission, the broker will have his set contacts with particular dealerships and deals are done. The dealership will say to the broker "you bring your Toyota business to me and I will give you $200.00 per car"

Then the accessories can be bought by the dealer for Trade Price and he factors all that in for you.

If you are a member of any bank, building society, credit union or workplace union, then you'll find that carbuying services are offered free to their members.

I have used a broker for all 4 of my new cars and also assisted friends with the purchase of new cars and I have never paid them a cent and I have always had good deals.

Also, he will facilitate the sale of your old car for you and will usually know the place to get the best price for the trade, and often is not with the dealership that he is getting the new car from....

Cheers

Aaron :)

For the record, my broker got me the following:

04 Corolla Sportivo - $28,200.00 drive away

Floor mats - $60.00 ($87.00rrp) - Genuine Toyota Accessory

Dash Mat - $25.00 ($49.00rrp) - Genuine Toyota Accessory

Ming Titanium Tint - $275.00 ($495.00rrp)

It pays to look at them....

Forget brokers, I spent only around 2 hours on negotiating when I bought mine and that was the first day I went out to shop for my car. I got it for $27300 driveaway with floor mats. You just have to know how to play the dealers and when to say no. The first dealership I went to (where I test drove the car) wouldn't come down to the price I want so I just went to another dealer and bought it there.