Things that annoy you more than they should

oodee

My addition for today. As I'm sitting here chilling after my spa today, I'm watching Today Tonight. There is this report about people complaining how their new Smart Meters used for their power monitoring at home is giving off harmful radiation that is causing health issues etc. One woman saying that whenever she is near it, she gets a headache. If that woman has a mobile phone, I swear she has no right to complain about the meter giving off radiation.

FFS people. Get serious. This reminds me of some other story they had some time ago where some guy was saying that the copper pipes in your house cause EMF from the power lines running nearby to be amplified or something and therefore is bad for your health.

- Yeah i'll say the guys not using the search function is annoying.

- the fact we have around 125 taxes in this country.

- more specifically, the fact that on petrol we should not be paying as much as we currently are and that if there is a war going on, it should not affect our prices as our prices are based on Singapore petrol prices. Also we have to pay a federal excise tax of around 38cents per litre on petrol and then get 10% GST. Thats a tax on a tax. How is that fair?

- the fact that nobody knows what a Corolla Sportivo is. you say corolla sportivo they say oh its a corolla. I get to the point where i just say its a Civic Type R cause its easier.

thats enough for today

1) Working in retail and having the rules of the company not protecting its staff... Yes - I understand that its good customer service to follow the principle of "the customer is always right", but what if the customer is wrong and they are clearly just an out and out liar... I can't tell them to go to hell or call them out on it and have to still cater to their every whim when they and I both know that they are scum!

2) Disabled People - and now before everyone gets angry, I'm talking about a select few here. The ones that spend the rest of their lives feeling sorry for themselves. I'm not saying they don't need extra help, but some of the crippies and wheelies milk it for all its worth. Especially when you ask them how it happened (because they have guilted you into feeling extra sorry for them) only to find out that it happened due to self infliction! "I was young and stupid" is usually how the sentence starts... YES YOU WERE! But I don't think the rest of the world has to feel sorry for you the rest of your life because you made a stupid, idiotic and retarded decisions decision - suck it up and live life to the fullest instead of sitting around like a sack of mouldy potatoes! The TV ads about not diving into shallow water have been on since the late 70's and they teach that crap at school. You have no excuse and no one to blame but ur own ignorance... Yes you may need some extra help but I'm not going to waste my time catering to your emotional blackmail

this is all... lol

Mine is the useless carpet mat clips in the ZRE!! Fucn things just keep popping out of the carpet! ARghhhhhh!! why couldnt they just leave the Jap ones that screw to the seat bulkhead?!?!!??!?! :angry:

Serious? On the Aurion/Camry, the clip itself is rather hard to remove from the floor, and the way it hooks into the mat makes it pretty much never come loose... but also makes it annoying sometimes to unclip. You would think that all it takes is the idea of using the same eyelet and clips on all models which would probably also save costs.

Here are a few of mine Dee:

- Stacking dirty dishes. I never use the dishwasher and when you stack dirty dishes, you have to wash both sides with nearly equally as much effort.

- Sitting in a movie and having someone next to you whistle unintentionally as they breathe.

- On the topic of movies, those that laugh every second or take out their mobile and put a bright spot in your peripherals.

- People on the highway that can't keep a relatively equal position in their lane. When driving down a long highway, I tend to subconsciously follow their movement as they edge towards the line.

Oh my goodness hmmmmmmm..where do I start?

That's right.

1. Opening a thread to have a look at the latest post and starting about 2 pages back from the end. But then I find the one above and that makes it all OK.

2. About those movies. It really gets to me when someone in the room gives a running commentary on what is about to happen. Or starts hyperventilating with excitement coming up to a good bit. I have to leave the room and watch it later.

3. And O mighty and glorious DJKOR - I truly do agree with the driving in the centre of the lane thing. When my wife is with me on the Gateway or M1 she panics when I drive centred. She won't stop at me till my bum is scraping the centre of the lane. So I hereby sincerely apologize if I have been the errant one misleading you to the left of the lane.

4. Driving behind a linemarking truck on a mountain range while he is re-doing the double centre lines. 12km in first gear just above idle really got to me but that was about 20 years ago so I just may as well forgive and forget

Edited by 01 VEY

One thing that now annoys me is how my mind is working. I was looking at the forum index and noticed the name of the Aurion forum:

Avalon / Aurion / Aurion Sportivo Club

I remember some time ago about this being discussed in the fact that the Aurion Sportivo doesn't need an additional header and I thought to myself that I should make it so that it is:

Avalon / Aurion Club

Think about it. The Camry forum doesn't have "Camry Sportivo" in it as well. But then as much as I feel like it should be changed and I would like it to be... I somewhat can't make myself do it.

I'm sure you can all relate to this. 2 cars driving side by side on the motorway doing 20kmh below the speed limit

:angry: Even worse is when it looks like they're passing each other and they just keep swapping places but never get far enough ahead of each other for you to make it around them <_<

Oh man I'm getting ****** lately. Here's a few more (venting)

- The hard-to-access parker bulbs in the Aurion

- CONDENSATION IN MY HEADLIGHTS

- People putting money on the counter instead of my waiting open hand. Sort of offset though now by giving change in smallest denominations possible and dumping it on the counter instead of THEIR waiting hands :spiteful:

- THIS conversation

<customer wants to buy $0.80 product with eftpos>

me: "Sorry we have a $5 minimum for eftpos"

Customer: "That's okay just put it through."

me: "we have a $5 minium for eftpos."

Customer: "**** *****"

I think this job is taking years off my life. I swear I never had any grey hairs when I was carrying a gun and dealing with violent offenders on a daily basis - I think that says something.

:D

- THIS conversation

<customer wants to buy $0.80 product with eftpos>

me: "Sorry we have a $5 minimum for eftpos"

Customer: "That's okay just put it through."

me: "we have a $5 minium for eftpos."

Customer: "**** *****"

I believe "That's okay just put it through." thereby authorises the sales assistant to charge the minimum $5.00 for whatever they have in their hand!

I would love to see that done one day. I can just imagine the look on their face. Facial expressions would go something like this...

Steven:- :idea::spiteful:

Customer:- :huh::unsure: :o

Steven:- :whistling:

Customer:- :angry:

Everyone else in the store:- :D :yahoo: :P :clap:

steven:- :toast: B)

Windows roaming profiles, and more specifically migrating data from workstation local profiles to AD server roaming profiles. SysAdmins, amirite!

Also Windows Fax and Scan is giving me much grief right now, and I'm this close to throwing our new server at a wall.

One thing that now annoys me is how my mind is working. I was looking at the forum index and noticed the name of the Aurion forum:

Avalon / Aurion / Aurion Sportivo Club

I remember some time ago about this being discussed in the fact that the Aurion Sportivo doesn't need an additional header and I thought to myself that I should make it so that it is:

Avalon / Aurion Club

Think about it. The Camry forum doesn't have "Camry Sportivo" in it as well. But then as much as I feel like it should be changed and I would like it to be... I somewhat can't make myself do it.

Hmmm. I've been thinking that since I got here. I could understand "Avalon / Aurion / Aurion TRD", but never really understood why "Sportivo" warranted its own mention. But seeing as it wasn't causing my head to explode with frustration I just kind of got used to it....... until now!

When someone who isn't directly involved in a conversation fires up for no reason and makes it personal, and completely misses the point that your trying to make without even asking any questions and assumes that they know all. WTF?! really... **** that *****...

and the thing that pisses me off more than it should is 1) having to defend my argument when THEY are the one misinterpreting what I'm saying, 2) them making it personal for no reason what-so-ever when they don't even know me, 3) mistaking speechlessness and shock for immaturity and 4) having to walk away when all I want to do is flame them... this is clearly THEIR problem and now I have to deal with it...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is all...

people who unpack the shopping from the shopping trolley in the wrong order..

u take out the heavy stuff first, then tinned stuff, then the frozen stuff, then the packets of stuff, with fruit and veg followed by bread last...

oh, and people that don't maximize the full use of the checkout conveyor... as in they leave open gaps and spaces or just put things wherever... you people $H!7 me and need to play tetris some more and stack that crap mofo!

u take out the heavy stuff first, then tinned stuff, then the frozen stuff, then the packets of stuff, with fruit and veg followed by bread last...

oh, and people that don't maximize the full use of the checkout conveyor... as in they leave open gaps and spaces or just put things wherever... you people $H!7 me and need to play tetris some more and stack that crap mofo!

i do the heavy, then frozen, then the rest and bread and eggs last. i don't feel the need to pack it all in perfectly like you though. that makes it harder for the check out person to pick up the items when they are all crammed in

i do the heavy, then frozen, then the rest and bread and eggs last. i don't feel the need to pack it all in perfectly like you though. that makes it harder for the check out person to pick up the items when they are all crammed in

So you guys enjoy your biscuits, pasta, etc. crushed? Coz to take out the heavy stuff first, it has to go in last on top of everything else. Otherwise you're just fishing through everythign else to get to the heave stuff at the bottom. And thats just irish.

Unpack top down IMO.

-People with too much money!..................

4 water heaters in their house so that they dont have to wait for the warm water.

40 downlights per room because there's a shadow spot

floor heating in all of the house plus another 4 air-con units but complain about the install bill ,pushing to save an extra $50!

-People with money again complaining that their $4000 electricity bill has been overcharged when it should be $3850 while we struggle to pay $500 bill.

-GPS not picking up a damn signal till 10 minutes later when it clearly has a direct line of sight out the car window.

-Having to lift up my garage door to get the car out cause i still havn't bothered to get an electric motor installed.

Another from me. When the flow of traffic in your lane comes to a sudden stop (car turning, bus stopped, etc) and everyone in the lane behind you manage to squeeze into the gaps in the free-flowing lane next to you. Leaving you till last.