Tips for buying 2nd hand Aurion

wushoes

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a second hand car and pretty much decided on an Aurion. Would love to get an 07/08 Sportivo SX6 or ZR6 with no more than 80,000 km on the clock - but that all depends on how much I can spend and the condition of the car.

Is there anything in particular I should be paying attention to when checking out a second hand Aurion?

Your help and knowledge is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a second hand car and pretty much decided on an Aurion. Would love to get an 07/08 Sportivo SX6 or ZR6 with no more than 80,000 km on the clock - but that all depends on how much I can spend and the condition of the car.

Is there anything in particular I should be paying attention to when checking out a second hand Aurion?

Your help and knowledge is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Only real issues that there has been with Aurion is a dash rattle which has been fixed under warranty so that shouldn’t be a drama and just make sure the VVT-i oil hose has been replaced, should see the recall sticker on the a pillar when you open the driver’s door, other than that there a pretty bullet proof car and nobody has too much of a dram with them other then the odd car having a flare in the transmission but again either a new ECU or fluid top up seems to fix that up other than that good luck with your search and welcome to the club! - AURION Game Has Changed, Make Your Move! haha sorry just had too haha!

Thanks for that Adamsy. That's good information to know!

How would I know if the vehicle has the new ECU? If the vehicle is out of warranty and needs a new ECU, how much do you think it would cost?

Thanks for that Adamsy. That's good information to know!

How would I know if the vehicle has the new ECU? If the vehicle is out of warranty and needs a new ECU, how much do you think it would cost?

You won't really be able to tell by looking if it has a new ECU, if you’ve drive it and it shifts fine nice and smooth then either it has a new one or this one hasn’t needed it, not many cars have, usually if the U660E starts to shift a bit abrupt it usually means there a little low on fluid,9/10 times just topping it up has sorted it out but there has been a few vehicles that have had the updated ECU put in which has solved it, only way to find this out would be to get your dealer to run a check on the car and see what work has been done to it. Other than that there pretty unbreakable.

Only real issues that there has been with Aurion is a dash rattle which has been fixed under warranty so that shouldn’t be a drama and just make sure the VVT-i oil hose has been replaced, should see the recall sticker on the a pillar when you open the driver’s door, other than that there a pretty bullet proof car and nobody has too much of a dram with them other then the odd car having a flare in the transmission but again either a new ECU or fluid top up seems to fix that up other than that good luck with your search and welcome to the club! - AURION Game Has Changed, Make Your Move! haha sorry just had too haha!

Hi Guys,

I bought Aurion Presara 2008 about half a year ago. I have a couple of months warranty left.

I do have rattling dashboard (with a couple of clips found of the floor since I bought the car) but I wasn't sure if it can be fixed under warranty.

Do you know if 2008 Aurion require VVT-i oil hose to be replaced as well?

I have't seen any recal stickers that's why I am asking...

It's about time to do a service. Should I ask Toyota Service to fix these two things as well under warranty.

I did a bit of homework.

The VVT-i oil hose would be replaced regardless warranty status as a part of Customer Service Excercise.

Probably my one is already a correct one as it's got a bit of yellow paint on the side (see a picture attached).

I will find out about rattling dashboard soon.

post-23647-0-06847900-1300719209_thumb.j

I did a bit of homework.

The VVT-i oil hose would be replaced regardless warranty status as a part of Customer Service Excercise.

Probably my one is already a correct one as it's got a bit of yellow paint on the side (see a picture attached).

Damn that's dirty :lol:.

Yes, yours is the new one. :)

I did a bit of homework.

I did a bit of homework.

+ 1 - yes thats the new one....

• 2 weeks later...