New Sportivo?

I recently heard through a guy I deal with for business (whose brother is a parts interpreter at Southside Toyota) about a limited edition Sportivo being released some time next year. He heard this through a mate of his who works for Toyota research and development that this limited release Sportivo will have a 3L V6 out of the Camry with a turbo on it. Toyota will be selling approximately 100 cars same as the turbo AE112 Sportivo. I then asked about "will it have a limited slip diff, rear or front wheel drive etc etc. He's been told it'll still be front wheel drive which would be a nightmare with wheelspin etc but that's about all he knew. When he knows more he'll let me know. That's if this is all true though? Sounds a bit far fetched for me but if i do hear more I'll let you all know :D

I think the Corolla Kompressor looks awsome. I'd be hoping it had more features like cruise control (for us highway drivers), better suspension (the stock Stivo one's suck), better stereo with buttons on the steering wheel (keep an eye on whats ahead) and perhaps even AWD (Impressive). Oops, I forgot to mention the drink cup holder..... I'd hate to see the price though, I'm sure it'll cost more than $40K for a Kompressor ????

I recently heard through a guy I deal with for business (whose brother is a parts interpreter at Southside Toyota) about a limited edition Sportivo being released some time next year. He heard this through a mate of his who works for Toyota research and development that this limited release Sportivo will have a 3L V6 out of the Camry with a turbo on it. Toyota will be selling approximately 100 cars same as the turbo AE112 Sportivo. I then asked about "will it have a limited slip diff, rear or front wheel drive etc etc. He's been told it'll still be front wheel drive which would be a nightmare with wheelspin etc but that's about all he knew. When he knows more he'll let me know. That's if this is all true though? Sounds a bit far fetched for me but if i do hear more I'll let you all know :D

Yeah Yeah, old news really, but not accurate, they are releasing the Toyota Corolla Kompressor from overseas here mid next year before the all-new-body is released. I believe this has been covered before in this forum. Some members on this forum have rallied for this model, and seems that it is finally paying off.

I have located pictures and the specifications and are attached to this thread.

Technical data Toyota Corolla Kompressor

Base vehicle Corolla Kompressor

Engine 4 Cyl. DOHC VVTLi 4 valves per cylinder 1796 ccm

Achievement 225 HP (166 KW)

Torque 250 Nm with 4200 min -1

v-max 235 km/h

0-100 Km/h 6.9 s

Light alloy wheels 7J x 17"

Tyre 215/45 R 17

Your contact seems to be a little confused with the Toyota Camry 4cyl Sportivo, which also will be released with a supercharger at the same time. The V6 Camry will be dropped in favour for an a all-new-model Avalon V6 Sportivo.

Fricken niceeeeeee..... rims look a bit :huh: ... other than that.... fricken niceeee! :D

Yeah Yeah, old news really, but not accurate, they are releasing the Toyota Corolla Kompressor from overseas here mid next year before the all-new-body is released. I believe this has been covered before in this forum. Some members on this forum have rallied for this model, and seems that it is finally paying off.

I have located pictures and the specifications and are attached to this thread.

Technical data Toyota Corolla Kompressor

Base vehicle Corolla Kompressor

Engine 4 Cyl. DOHC VVTLi 4 valves per cylinder 1796 ccm

Achievement 225 HP (166 KW)

Torque 250 Nm with 4200 min -1

v-max 235 km/h

0-100 Km/h 6.9 s

Light alloy wheels 7J x 17"

Tyre 215/45 R 17

Your contact seems to be a little confused with the Toyota Camry 4cyl Sportivo, which also will be released with a supercharger at the same time. The V6 Camry will be dropped in favour for an a all-new-model Avalon V6 Sportivo.

The TS Compressor will not be released in Australia. This vehicle was a limited one off range built on the docks of the USA based on the 2 door TS released in the UK.

The gold urbo Sportivo was built in the same fashion. They were Standard AE112R Corolla Levin's with a bolt on turbo fitted on the docks.

The red Corolla you have attached images of were from a USA Car Show where they were announced in the USA.

'IF' a vehicle like this was ever to be released in Australia, you'll find that for $40K, Toyota Australia will be looking for more power than 166kw for that price.

I cant see it happening because toyota sports models in Australia have always failed miserably. Look at the names, MRS, SUPRA, Celica GT4, 7th Gen Celica, Corolla Sportivo(turbo). What makes you guys think they will exercise that again? I cant see it happening.........although having said all that, the current sportivo is more likely to be successful simply because it has 4 doors, and the hot hatch market is on the increase as these vehicles have more room and more more practical for everyday use.

Like I said.... sounds all a bit too far fetched for a corolla and yes he's prolly got the Camry mixed up with the corolla. As for the Kompressor coming to Australia that's a dream a few of us have had for about a year now.....

• 2 weeks later...

even if the sportivo camry was released in a supercharged version, it would still be a bucket of ****. why make a car with that size and weight and still be pushing a single pegger fwd drivetrain. Thats a recipe for disaster, i think the camry should of been produced in a RWD format, it would make it a bit more exciting anyways