Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Well I just did the first layer of primer and it looks ok. A few little lumps here and there but I plan on sanding those bits down after letting it settle overnight and then applying another layer of primer. Hopefully it will turn out okay. Thanks for the tips in advance pezzie.

badge is coming along quite nicely considering it's my first time.. just put on the 3rd coat of matte black after sanding the 2nd coat down a bit to make it a bit smoother. Anyways, got another 1 or 2 light coats to go and it should be done. Not bothering with clearcoat because I want the matte/flat black look rather than the satin/gloss black look.

Was @ Albert Park Reserve today and seeing as my gf loves when I squeeze Leila, got her to record a quick clip of the car with me fanging it a little bit in the carpark.. fanged it even more later on when I drove around the whole Albert Park Reserve but didn't get her to record that. Love the sound of induction....

http://youtu.be/J1Pp8CHtNlE?hd=1

lol got exhaust setup comprised of catco hiflow cat and xforce twinloop muffler. deleted the torpedo in the middle too.

hoping to get a custom stainless 2.25" catback sometime in the future. but wanna get my front lip and rear spats and rear roof spoiler before i do that up.. won't be for a while.

lol Tom... all in due time my money will all be gonnneeeeeeeeeeeeee -_-'

anyways.. just picked up the replacement rear bar and the badge is done.. gotta install them now.

They did a pretty awesome job with the bar! and for $200 I ain't complaining. Def gonna go to them when I need other stuff painted.

barpl.jpg

Badge was a beeeeetch to do! Sanding down took a while and I did about 3 coats of primer. then 4-5 coats of paint. Sanded a few of the coats of paint down to smooth out air bubbles and other imperfections, and I think I did not too badly for a first timer.

badgey.jpg

thanks Jeff.

so I have leftover paint and got bored, and rememebered theere was something a long time back that I was meant to do.... (completely non-car related)

imagesiv.jpg

top part was just metal and the buttons were blue.. was thinking of painting the ball too but thought nah.. lol

lol it's smooth for now, but just wait till I put it on and it starts getting scratches and sht all over the paint. wont be so smooth anymore.. wondering if I should do a top coat of clear coat

yeah Tom, i lost interest for it a while back and was going to sell parts i didnt put on, but now im back into it. I've got two front lips coming in the future months.

lol it's smooth for now, but just wait till I put it on and it starts getting scratches and sht all over the paint. wont be so smooth anymore.. wondering if I should do a top coat of clear coat

Def clear coat it.

I use Holts Dupli-Color for all my stuff costs $12.99 a can for 150g but I've always had good results so worth every cent.

Rear badge looks mint mate! Great work! Im not sure about you, but I'm trying to imagine that chrome strip in a different colour, maybe red, blue, black. But then again, I don't know how expensive the chrome strip was.

Rear badge looks mint mate! Great work! Im not sure about you, but I'm trying to imagine that chrome strip in a different colour, maybe red, blue, black. But then again, I don't know how expensive the chrome strip was.

way ahead of you mate ;) *eyes the black matte spray can*