Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Just make sure you don't paint the discs too! I've seen it done.

Btw what area did you cop the defect in? And as far as I know, LED parkers are legal as long as they are white, any other colour is illegal for the reason of being a distraction to other drivers, and red or blue parkers can also nab you a fine for impersonating an emergency vehicle. Unless the rules have changed, but then again some cops are not fully aware of ADR's and such, some are still using the 2" rule for aftermarket wheels.

Just make sure you don't paint the discs too! I've seen it done.

Btw what area did you cop the defect in? And as far as I know, LED parkers are legal as long as they are white, any other colour is illegal for the reason of being a distraction to other drivers, and red or blue parkers can also nab you a fine for impersonating an emergency vehicle. Unless the rules have changed, but then again some cops are not fully aware of ADR's and such, some are still using the 2" rule for aftermarket wheels.

was on burwood hwy in knox.

well my LED parkers are white so I don't think I can get d#cked for that.. but then again, who knows what they may try d#ck you for...

Brake caliper painting haha I can't wait to do that on mine only pain is gotta leave it 24hrs dry for better result.

As for led Parker light sweet yeh mine are white but for some reason when I drive at night on the side of the road it reflects out like whitish/purple/blue hahahah weird...

What you mean by that?

some cops are not fully aware of ADR's and such, some are still using the 2" rule for aftermarket wheels.
what's ADR and 2 rules for after market lol sorry for stupid question I'm new to car modding world >=p

Gotta agreed with huey if police wanna defect you they will find anything to defect you it's s*** especially the amount we pay for rego+insurrance and expect us to drive a boring stock car?! Lol no thanks

Edited by crolladx

Ah Knox, that area can be harsh on modded japanese cars, best to keep a low profile when in the area...

What you mean by that?

some cops are not fully aware of ADR's and such, some are still using the 2" rule for aftermarket wheels.
what's ADR and 2 rules for after market lol sorry for stupid question I'm new to car modding world >=p

Not a stupid question at all, i doubt many members of the general public know what ADR's are. They are Australian Design Rules, one thing which tells you what is legal, and what is not. For example, take aftermarket steering wheels, some are ADR compliant, while others are not, anything which doesn't comply with the ADR's is illegal and is in every right defectable. When you are issued a defect notice by a police officer, what items are defected are pretty much up to the officers discretion, they may say an item is defective when it is not.

There is also the VSI's (Vehicle Standards Information) Here's one that applies to modified cars http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf

The old 2 inch rule meant that you could only legally use wheels up to 2" larger or smaller in diameter compared to what your car came out of the factory with. That rule is now obsolete, and you can run any size wheel you like, as long as the tyres you put on those wheels are load rated for that vehicle.

Edited by KRS-093

Ah Knox, that area can be harsh on modded japanese cars, best to keep a low profile when in the area...

yeah i've learnt that the hard way... sigh. odd thing is, is that i drive around that area a fair bit on the weekends.. but it's only now that i've gotten "done" for anything...

If you driving sensibilily then you should worry they wont pick on you unless you get an a$$ of a cop but then again how many other idiots are there on the road that you see with cars alot modified than yours and they never seem to be getting defected. i guess its all luck its like winning the lottery just on a smaller scale

Was driving normally/sensibly (not fanging or hooning in any way) yet was still pulled over.. sighhh...

yeh just very unlucky man~ sigh...cops these day...i remember when i got owned for not wearing a helmet while riding my bike, and there were heaps of people doing that after school, and out of all those people he could catch he chose me like wat the hell? so yeh

but indeed there are alot of cars with illegal stuff, liked the one i saw 20mins ago coming from work, there was this Holden Cruz Red (Tinted Black) i cant even see the driver or passenger and has all those racing sticker and tow hook thing you have but his one seems different.. and the funny thing is the infront of me is a police, as im waiting for him to turn in to the police station...he didnt even bother looking at the red holden opposite of him..

depends on how they are feeling and how much they want a promotion i guess the more money they make the more they look better and think of themselves as heros. i have nothing again police i have cousins and friend are police we need police but honnestly why they waste their time defecting cars for things like window tint when there are much better things that they should be doing... just my opinion i may be wrong but thats the way i see it..

depends on how they are feeling and how much they want a promotion i guess the more money they make the more they look better and think of themselves as heros. i have nothing again police i have cousins and friend are police we need police but honnestly why they waste their time defecting cars for things like window tint when there are much better things that they should be doing... just my opinion i may be wrong but thats the way i see it..

yehhh man totally agreed. to me i reckon police should really pay attention to those car who seriously have some exhaust issue and blowing out black smoke and stuff man i hate those...hahahha

yehhh man totally agreed. to me i reckon police should really pay attention to those car who seriously have some exhaust issue and blowing out black smoke and stuff man i hate those...hahahha

yeah - they should get EPA'ed..

But anyways its good to see you cleared the defect first time =]

thanks bud.. just a pain in the ***** to get my exhaust muffled down a bit more only for the vicroads csr not to even check it.. probably could have even gotten away without doing anything to it. sigh..

another clip of the quieter exhaust... this time outside so not as echo'y as when shot in the carpark and also not as close to the rear muffler..

this time you can actually see the additional muffler that they added, which is just in front of the xforce s10 at the rear.

http://youtu.be/KGRh9wqGCj8?hd=1

• 4 weeks later...

getting some more zorst work done... this is really a lot of hit 'n miss..

getting 2" piping, removing that crap muffler they put on to clear my defect and adding a smaller stainless resonator towards the centre.

EDIT: zorst update done.. 2" aluminiumized steel piping painted black, from cat-back to rear muffler - kept the Xforce rear muffler on cos I love the note it produces. Also the stainless steel (304 grade) resonator at the centre is much better than the dodgy mild steel one they put in temporarily to clear my defect. doesn't sound as raspy any more and the lovely growl and deep tone of my exhaust is back. :)

i like your shoes in the zorst vid :)

LOL shoes on the car or shoes on my feet? :P They're Nike RT1's.. hard to come by nowadays as they're quite limited ed'n. Got so pi55ed off when my cousin spilt coconut juice on them the other day -_- EDIT whoops just realised that I was actually rockin my low top converse all-stars in black leather haha.. one of my other clips i was rockin the RT1's ;)

Anyways.. here's a clip of the zorst, back and meaner than before. Still quiet enough to drive with no in-cabin drone (which I absolutely love), but no raspiness like before, and plenty more roar.. even on idle now she sounds meaner (prior to the defect). Not to mention, the performance seems to have increased too. I notice less acceleration lag and smoother acceleration too. The tachometer pin drops a lot faster than before, when releasing the acceleration pedal.. although i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Wonder if there's any point in dyno'ing this car lol.. (it is auto).

http://youtu.be/NhlhGntxmn8?hd=1

Couldn't get a photo of the setup whilst it was still hoisted up (had to rush back to work) but the pipe work is sooo much better. Whole thing was painted black too except for the resonator and rear muffler..

This is going to be the last of my exhaust work for a while.. (until something breaks, that is).. I'm completely happy with the note, volume and overall performance.

Sounds DurH sexxaayyy! Auto is awesome :P Mine is aswell ahha LOVE the cruise control eheh WOuld be interesting to see how much it pushes.. I raced my mate (180sx) and to both our surprise, with a crappy start from me I kept up to him all the way to 100km/hr :blink: we were like WTF. Rollas only push like 80kw atw don't they?

Sounds DurH sexxaayyy! Auto is awesome :P Mine is aswell ahha LOVE the cruise control eheh WOuld be interesting to see how much it pushes.. I raced my mate (180sx) and to both our surprise, with a crappy start from me I kept up to him all the way to 100km/hr :blink: we were like WTF. Rollas only push like 80kw atw don't they?

i got 74.3 kw atw with mods...