King Spring Super Lows NORMAL?

Hi, I bought king spring superlows 40mm-50mm as I wanted a 2" drop all around as u was previously 4x4ing on my 18" Kuro intakes lol. (I didnt want to go d coilover option). I was recommended to buy these springs for both the front & rear of my car from wholesale suspension, However, after I got them fitted the back is a little higher than the front & I'm not with it. I have been told by a number suspension places that it's the engine just weighing in on from & the back will settle soon after driving it a bit with weight and going over speed humps etc..

Any1 know if it's normal ( I know most pol get lows @ the frnt and super lows @ d bak but super lows sit above the tire at the front & it looks sick , it's just the bak) any1 have had this issue?

springs will continue to settle for the first 1000kms or so, and then eventually reach their set height. even after that and with age, springs will eventually settle even more and lower the ride height again.

this occurs regardless of whether you get springs by themselves or coilovers.

Edited by lateralus

yeah it happened with me as well when i put in superlows as well, i packed my boot full of old magazines to the brim and it help the springs drop quicker.

and yes they definitely scrub, hence why i've changed to just lows :)

The myth that springs settle is rubbish. It is bushes that cause the drop in height. Eg bushes on rear torsion housing mounts at stock height run at say point a. You fit springs and lower it now the bush is twisted to run at point b. What happens over time is that the bush starts to soften due to the tension placed on it from lowering the car hence the drop in height. It has nothing to do with the spring!!!!! When you fit springs in the rear of a corolla you MUST loosen the torsion housings mount bolts off a lil and re index the bush or it will slowly over time become softer and softer due to increased pressure from suspension now sitting at a different angle. Easiest way to do it is loosen bolts off and tighten just a little then do for a quick drive. Throw it around a few corners till the bushes find their new happy spot. Then tighten back up to specks and away you go.

As for the car sitting level put lows in the front and super lows in the rear. The height difference front to rear is under 3mm. Sportivo's sit approx 15 mm higher than ascent all round plus all corollas sit higher in the bum by roughly 15mm hence using lows in the front (35mm drop) and super lows in the rear(50mm drop) will get the car to sit almost dead level and improve handling as well on good quality shocks. It will kill oem shocks quick so go with konis or kyb excel g's depending on your budget. I ran 17 x 7 with 215/40/17 and had tyre touch inner guard only once with 3 in the back on a big dip. Again the right offset on your wheels is crucial to the way you car will handle and ride.

I have set up a lot of corollas this way and it works a treat and makes the car a joy to drive fast or slow.

The Legend himself has finally shed the truth on Spring Height droppage :P

just sit tight, let the car's new suspension settle in, and you will love it :D

Evo