[QLD] EOI track day at QR

This was something brought up recently with some locals and I figured I may as well mention it just to see if there is interest. I was thinking of taking the TRD out to QR for a track day so I can get some figures and to have some fun. Since the air is cool, I figured it would be a nice time to get it out of the way before Summer reaches us again.

The day I was looking at was Saturday 27th of August... otherwise if others would be more interested, Saturday 1st of October.

The costs involved with regards to the track day itself would be $145 for the track day plus $20 for an AASA day license (or $55 for a yearly license if you so desire).

So... who would be interested?

• Like 1

For me it will depend on several things such as what happens with my brakes/wheels/tyres etc over the next couple of months, so no answer just yet

Do you think a super stock ZRE would cope?

It would cope but be limited in it's abilities. But that's no reason not to head out there. Just bear in mind that depending how you drive, your brakes and engine will be given quite a workout.

• Like 1

Would a fresh pair of bob jane all rounders last a day at the track. I dont wanna have to splash the cash just to go tracking. Plus it would be my first time, so I wouldnt be going hard out.

Would a fresh pair of bob jane all rounders last a day at the track. I dont wanna have to splash the cash just to go tracking. Plus it would be my first time, so I wouldnt be going hard out.

They would probably last well more than the day. At least you will learn where the limits of them are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for reviving this SD. I was going to do so today but work was riding me.

I'm still going to go on one of those days so what about everyone else?

• 3 weeks later...

As this day is quickly approaching, I wanted to know a couple of things to rest my mind.

With the forms, do you complete them before hand or complete them there?

What are the clothing requirement/Safety requirements and what is the most simple way of preparing your car for track use?

Also, never been tracking before, if there are faster cars on the track, what is the deal with giving way and overtaking? I'm pretty noob towards it, so some insight would be great. Thanks guys :D

As this day is quickly approaching, I wanted to know a couple of things to rest my mind.

With the forms, do you complete them before hand or complete them there?

What are the clothing requirement/Safety requirements and what is the most simple way of preparing your car for track use?

Also, never been tracking before, if there are faster cars on the track, what is the deal with giving way and overtaking? I'm pretty noob towards it, so some insight would be great. Thanks guys :D

Geez Branno:

Steps to racing on track?