New camry forum

Rob.C

I have just started my own forum for camry owners. I'm going to be a bit hard on people bagging camry owners, so if any show up they will be banned for a while to cool off. Here is the link, come on in, and register and we can have a place of our very own lol.

Edited by Steve

• 2 weeks later...

we have camry forums here?? and a private server.

Sorry but we do not generally build this site for other clubs to take our members. We are more interested in promoting our own camry forums.

Please read our forum terms and conditions

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26

First thing, they are having problems with the server, i'm sick of all the down time aswell, sorry guys, but it should be up again soon.

This reply may see me being banned, but i think i'm entitled to my say to defend myself and forum.

I have read your terms and conditions.

#1 I have never tried nor will i ever try to steal or take members from this forum, i simply gave them another choice. Why can't people be part of both ?

#2 The main difference between this forum and my own, is it's a Camry ONLY forum, not a toyota forum. It's for people who feel passionately about Camrys.

#3 My forum is not shared with every other make of Toyota produced.

#4 I am fully funding my forum, not asking for memberships (even when i change to another server). There will be no costs incurred to any members of my forum.

Now, don't get me wrong i like this forum, but i think it would be better to have a All Camry forum, rather than share a site with the people who label a camry as a joke. There is very little activity here in the camry section, we are always getting bagged out for driving a camry, left out of car shows. How many camry's do you see at Auto Salon, and be taken seriously ?

This is why i started my forum, and i wouldn't be at all supprised that the moderator of this particular section of the forum, doesn't even own or drive a camry.

Now, don't get me wrong i like this forum, but i think it would be better to have a All Camry forum, rather than share a site with the people who label a camry as a joke. There is very little activity here in the camry section, we are always getting bagged out for driving a camry, left out of car shows. How many camry's do you see at Auto Salon, and be taken seriously ?

can you point out somewhere that we have ridiculed anyone for owning a Camry?

There is only one way to increase the activity in this forum and that is to be active, drum up interest, come along to the meets.

As for Auto Salon... Maybe you will need to be a groundbreaker there and make a show car and enter yourself. There are a few great examples I have seen, they are definately a car with a lot of potential. In the US they are modded very well and look brilliant!!!!

I'll also point out that the Moderator list is in the process of being updated (see the General section) if you would like a couple of Camry drivers to moderate the Camry forum, they may just make that happen for you. :) :)

As for the put downs here, well they don't seem to happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't go on, either here or on a cruise, but not saying it does either.

I agree, looking back over the thread, i was out of line for some of my comments, and for that i do applogise to everyone here, and i would like to retract my previous statement.