Sydney,new monthly meet location?

juvenile

New Meet Location  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firstly to the Moderators,not sure if this allowed but could we wait to see if any interest before you delete it,if you delete it,thanks...

I have been thinking of a new location mainly because it's a dive where it is now,dark and dingy and personally I think it's a hole :ph34r:

I was thinking the new Maccas on Roberts Rd Greenacre,service road runs off it,it's well lit and there is a Bunnings also going up soon meaning more parking..I think it's fairly central and it's all main roads to get there......

People from the North just come straight down Homebush Bay Drv and it's 5min past the Stadium..

From the West can use M4 and again 5min from Homebush or M5 to King Georges Rd and about 7min up the road..

Same from the East, to M5 and as above..

South,straight up King Georges Rd..

It's pretty much halfway between Punchbowl Rd and Hume Hwy...

MAP

Thankyou

Edited by mick.wheelz
added a poll for you :)
  • Like 1

Can you tell us on google map? http://maps.google.com/ I don't know well about that area.

How many people do you expect?

How should we organise? Set a date and location and ask people by PM there?

I can probably help you to PM people

John, I am always with you

Can you tell us on google map? http://maps.google.com/ I don't know well about that area.

How many people do you expect?

How should we organise? Set a date and location and ask people by PM there?

I can probably help you to PM people

John, I am always with you

It's not a meet yet Ben,they are normally at Villawood but I'm seeing if people would prefer the new location. If members and moderators agree then it can be made official and pinned..

I have put a map up...

Still a bit far for me to contemplate regular trips, but as long as it is a Friday or Saturday night I might make the odd exception, whichever location it is.

I don't see anything wrong with trying a new location/style/etc. I reckon you should organise something, see how popular it is with those that attend, and then make the changes as required.

• Like 1

Good idea. My vote would be to go further west like Granville because anytime you go closer to the City or Bankstown your dealing with too much traffic. Having said that, I assume most of our Members are from South West.

Villawood might be a hole but Greenachre isnt much better.

Ignore this if it doesnt seem relevent guys :) From an interstater who went to the annual last year in sydney, I personally think the Villawood carpark isn't the best place for a car meet of our caliber. It did not seem safe at all and this sentiment was shared by all the other qlder's. I think it was the dodgy looking randoms that come around looking at the cars (getting a shopping list maybe) walking towards Macdonalds. For the guys that came up this year to the annual, you might understand the big difference between the meeting places. We are blessed with our meet spot as it is quite secluded with no traffic and hence also no unwanted attention from the po po's and other randoms.

But as I say, ignore if it has changed since last year and this post isnt relevant

Ignore this if it doesnt seem relevent guys :) From an interstater who went to the annual last year in sydney, I personally think the Villawood carpark isn't the best place for a car meet of our caliber. It did not seem safe at all and this sentiment was shared by all the other qlder's. I think it was the dodgy looking randoms that come around looking at the cars (getting a shopping list maybe) walking towards Macdonalds. For the guys that came up this year to the annual, you might understand the big difference between the meeting places. We are blessed with our meet spot as it is quite secluded with no traffic and hence also no unwanted attention from the po po's and other randoms.

But as I say, ignore if it has changed since last year and this post isnt relevant

I like what you say... We want some place not drawing attention, and safe

Welcome to the ***** hole that is Sydney.

DFO Parking @ Homebush.

At the center of Sydney which is easily accessible from all directions due to its very close proximity to the Olympic Park.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=toyota&hl=en&ll=-33.857257,151.075552&spn=0.00621,0.013078&sll=-33.855956,151.074597&sspn=0.00621,0.013078&t=h&radius=0.45&z=17

All good points.. I chose Greenacre for being fairly central and easily accessible , Maccas for drinks, coffee, toilets etc ... Also it's well lit and very open, industrial and right on the main road and nothing else on that side to attract trouble, across the road it's residential ..

Where as Villawood had some other venues around and has unwanted pedestrian traffic coming through there. Train station was right there too which attracts shady characters..

All good points.. I chose Greenacre for being fairly central and easily accessible , Maccas for drinks, coffee, toilets etc ... Also it's well lit and very open, industrial and right on the main road and nothing else on that side to attract trouble, across the road it's residential ..

Where as Villawood had some other venues around and has unwanted pedestrian traffic coming through there. Train station was right there too which attracts shady characters..

The problem with being near any 24hr Maccas is that there will always be randoms around and you run the risk of that Maccas being turned into a MaccaNats.

Usually: Bankstown + 24hr McDonalds = Hole

I don't see anything wrong with trying a new location/style/etc. I reckon you should organise something, see how popular it is with those that attend, and then make the changes as required.

Like Daryl said i mean tehre is no harm in trying a new spot and see how things go i mean yes villawood bunnings surely is a hole lol as i only live up the road from it. In saying that you get like unwanted people and most of the time you have hoons trying to show off by speeding pass the meet and that is something u dont want especially when the " po po " rocks up.

I say go ahead with the new spot and see how things goes from there. If it doesnt work out then by all means change or stick with the old meeting place. Also like John mention in doing this trying to make it more fair for everyone to meet up so tehy dont have to travel as far as others. At this point it could work out it could not so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

The problem with being near any 24hr Maccas is that there will always be randoms around and you run the risk of that Maccas being turned into a MaccaNats.

Usually: Bankstown + 24hr McDonalds = Hole

The thing about this Maccas is it doesn't get a lot of pedestrian traffic, &, for Bankstown, it's pretty good. I'm all for it

definitely for this, Villawood was very shady, i think i even saw the occasional drug deal going on :o Lock her in john!

Welcome to the ***** hole that is Sydney.

Agreed.

I think a new meet spot is a good idea, hopefully it will bring more meets?

I only voted for Villa, yeah its a dump but its only 10 mins away for me which is the best thing about it.

But a new location sounds good aswell.

Most importantly is get a meet happening ASAP, its been way too long.

come out to norwest :) near the carwash heaps of parks wash your cars talk and food.

haha, I wish people would come out west instead but I doubt many people want to travel that much.

Norwest Carwash was also on my mind when this thread poped up. It would be perfect if not for how far out west it is.