2011 Kluger Fog Lights

Morto

Hi all,

I drive a 2011 Kluger. I would like to fit after market fog lights such as those on the kxs and Grande.

Is this possible?. I found fog light assembly and globes on ebay USA and they are similar to those on Australia Klugers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick.

probably need not just the lights, but possibly the wiring as well as new switch gear, it would cost too much i think.

Yeah thanks mate i thought as much.

Mick

Don't know why you would need fog lights. How often does it get where it's so foggy or viewing distance is extremely poor?

Yeah i do a fair bit of freeway driving between Sydney and the Central Coast and it gets very foggy.

Look i could of should of probaly bought a kxs but i didn't.

I seen the items on ebay usa and i just thought it might be a good idea.

It appears harder than i thought and maybe to expensive thats why i put it out there for some ideas.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Mick.

eBay USA has 2011 fog lights for new Highlander for about $250 including wiring, switch, relay etc

Please check with a local auto electrician how much is to install and let us know.

Regards

Alex

G'day Alex,

Yeah mate there the ones i am referring to.

I will go and see an auto elec today and will let you know.

Not being exactly an expert with cars i was unsure how much work including the wiring was required to install.

I called Toyota Australia and there reply was that it could not be done and would be to expensive.

Thanks Again

Mick.

Keep a lookout on ebay,if your lucky there might be some aftermarket ones in the coming months.

This one is alright but i dont think it will fit the 2011 model..

http://www.ebay.com....=item5adcd3f689

Hi Ronnyboy,

Thanks mate for the reply,

I found the 2011 Kluger/Highlander foglights on the US ebay site for approx $200 US.

In my opinion they look exactly the same as what are on the Aussie Klugers.

I don't see why they would not fit.

Thanks Mick.,

Hi Mick

Yeah I also spoke to Toyota dealership. The cost of parts was about $1k and they mentioned it could not be installed on the steering wheel. A button should be ok but it is not a standard location as in kx-s or grande.

Not sure if it is the same on the post facelift models, but my 2007 KXR already had the wiring for the foglights there. Just had to pull it out from behind the guard and plug the foggies in.

Then of course you will need the stalk with foglight switch if you want it too look genuine fitment, but it is simply plus and play no wiring as well. Think it was about $220 for stalk from memory and reguires steering wheel removal to fit.

Scott_c kindly explains here:

See here:

and here:

cheers

Edited by wilsact