Question for Presara owner

L.M.F.

Hi people

I'm planning to buy a 2010 Aurion Presara in a few months, I was wondering have you guys having any problem with the sunroof, eg water leak?? Also, does it comes with a USB port??

Sunroof

Overall, nil problems at all. You'll get a very very very very VERY fine, incy wincy miniscule, invisible bit of water mist come through the sunroof seals for a split second if you go into a touchless carwash and you have the very high pressure water jets blasting over the sunroof as it passes over the car.

You only notice this if you have the sunroof blind retracted and you're staring directly up through the sunroof as the jets pass over. You'll only notice this if you're really really really looking for it, otherwise it's a non-event.

Otherwise, no water seepage/penetration is seen or felt even under the heaviest torrential downpours. It's pretty awesome looking through the sunroof in these kind of big a$$ torrential rainstorms while stuck in traffic.

The seals on my sunroof get a good workout as I have it open or lifted when it's not too hot or when it's fine and not raining in winter. Even with this moderate/heavy use, the seals are working perfectly and there's no leakage, moistness around the inside edges of the sunroof whatsoever. Even if there were, I think this would be considered an unusual occurence which would be addressed under warranty (3yrs from first delivery) anyway.

USB

There is no USB port in my Presara (MY Sept 2010). The only downside is the stacker in the Presara only has room for 4 discs and these discs can be (at most) 4 CD's of MP3s. It would be great if it could've been 4 DL DVD's of mp3s. Now THAT would be something!

Or how about 4 BLUE RAY discs of MP3s. EVEN BETTER! That's probably just being silly now.

Anyway, the vehicle itself is an absolute joy to drive and is very very comfortable.

Cheers,

BB

for the 2010 i would say no issues. the earlier sunroofs in camry and aurion did have a few leaks. There are 4 drain tubes at each corner and they were just pushed on the the frame to drain away water. these over time and a hot summer worked loose and fell off lying on the inside of the roof lining. the warranty repair was 4 clamps and drop the roof lining to fit them properly. i had even seen a few super glued on.

with the sat nav unfortunately there is no cheap option for usb. there is a lexus kit for the rx400 that may fit up but its over $500. There are a few toyota products in the US that plug into the rear of the unit and allow usb to work , but again they are more that $250 - the ipod connection via a 2.5mm audio jack has been done , some have had success - search that one.

i will add that there is the need to add a resistor if memory serves me and that may be an issue for warranty on your sat nav unit.

cheers Tim

There are drains from the sunroof tray in any case - 2 at the back & 2 at the front that drain into the wheel arches. You can see the back ones if you look hard under the car.

4 x 170 MP3 tracks is pretty good anyway. They don't repeat too often...

for the 2010 i would say no issues. the earlier sunroofs in camry and aurion did have a few leaks. There are 4 drain tubes at each corner and they were just pushed on the the frame to drain away water. these over time and a hot summer worked loose and fell off lying on the inside of the roof lining. the warranty repair was 4 clamps and drop the roof lining to fit them properly. i had even seen a few super glued on.

with the sat nav unfortunately there is no cheap option for usb. there is a lexus kit for the rx400 that may fit up but its over $500. There are a few toyota products in the US that plug into the rear of the unit and allow usb to work , but again they are more that $250 - the ipod connection via a 2.5mm audio jack has been done , some have had success - search that one.

i will add that there is the need to add a resistor if memory serves me and that may be an issue for warranty on your sat nav unit.

cheers Tim

The Presara does have an 3.5mm AUX jack where you can plug your ipod/mp3 player. It's just behind the cupholders in between the front seats, next to the additional 12V power outlet. Unfortunately this will only be for audio, so you'll be fiddling with your ipod/mp3 player to change tracks. It'd be nice if it had proper Ipod connectivity AND a USB port though.

Edited by Beep Beep

There are drains from the sunroof tray in any case - 2 at the back & 2 at the front that drain into the wheel arches. You can see the back ones if you look hard under the car.

4 x 170 MP3 tracks is pretty good anyway. They don't repeat too often...

Well... I spent years collecting music albums (LEGALLY btw - spent a tonne of money on them too dry.gif ) and have recently encoded all of them into MP3s to store on my NAS and have them accessible via DLNA media server for listening whenever I want to. With about 17GB of music atm, 4 x single layer DVD's (at roughly 4GB each) would allow me to put just about my entire collection into the Presara.

It would probably take months to cycle through all the tracks, but hey that's ok! :P

Edited by Beep Beep

Thanks for the reply people, I like the Presara, like the sunroof, HID headlight and etc. However, I don't like the steering wheel and no USB port ... May be I should get a ZR6 ...

I own a ZR6. Personally i like it better as it has a full body kit and looks more like a BIG AUSSIE 6. The pressara is only good if you want a "cheaper" lexus. It comes down to, do you want full luxury or sporty luxury? :unsure: Otherwise toyota's are a good reliable car the the sunroof seals are fine.

Hi people

I'm planning to buy a 2010 Aurion Presara in a few months, I was wondering have you guys having any problem with the sunroof, eg water leak?? Also, does it comes with a USB port??

I can't comment on the 2010 Presara but I can feedback on the 2008 Presara if you are planning to buy a pre-owned one

1. Sunroof - have to get them to change the tubes as mine leaked - covered under warranty

2. need to change the engine oil tubing - covered under warranty - part of service recall

3. front suspension tend to rattle - covered under warranty

Cheers

Jason

Thanks for the reply people, I like the Presara, like the sunroof, HID headlight and etc. However, I don't like the steering wheel and no USB port ... May be I should get a ZR6 ...

Or..... a Skoda Superb Wagon TDI (Elegance Spec). Costs slightly more than a Presara, but oh boy... it's schweeeeet. :P

Edited by Beep Beep

I own a ZR6. Personally i like it better as it has a full body kit and looks more like a BIG AUSSIE 6. The pressara is only good if you want a "cheaper" lexus. It comes down to, do you want full luxury or sporty luxury? :unsure: Otherwise toyota's are a good reliable car the the sunroof seals are fine.

ZR6 has more balls than the Presara! If you want audio streaming don't get the Sat Nav - it only has the 3.5mm plug.

I don't care so I've got Sat Nav (so it ends up with the same sound system as the Presara).