Making different compartments for the boot.

Hi, because of work I'm now carrying equipment in my boot. Things are like work boots, 50 x 26 x 24cm toolbox and few other random equipment. I was wondering, what the best option would be to separate the boot into different sections to put everything in its own place? Because what's happening at the moment is that when turning corners everything in the boot goes for a roller coaster ride.

have you looked at toyota accessories? if you have mounting points in the boot you can use clamping belts? if its mostly regular shape stuff, clamping them should be enough.

this is for a bmw

223.png

Edited by chicken

I was thinking of the same thing the other day. The carpet material used in the boot isn't particularly grippy, plus my tool bag, boxes etc are smooth to start with.

I was thinking of going to Clark Rubber an getting some lengths of rubber or something and making some sections. You know how you put a slice in either piece going halfway and you join them together? Kinda like that.

I was thinking of the same thing the other day. The carpet material used in the boot isn't particularly frilly, plus my tool bag, boxes etc are smooth to start with.

I was thinking of going to Clark Rubber an getting some lengths of rubber or something and making some sections. You know how you put a slice in either piece going halfway and you join them together? Kinda like that.

Have a look at a cargo net either from the likes of Super cheap or one of the overseas Toyota dealers with a simlar sized model. I use a net in my Corolla (from Toyota UK as all the after market stuff here is for larger cars) for my boots and laptop as I had a similar problem

http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars/avensis/accessories.aspx

Net from the Avensis may suit

There did used to be a divider system available but I could not find it right now

I would go along the same design as DJ but use some thin MDF board to make compartments in the size you need then its just a simple case of slpiiping them together in the boot.

I would go along the same design as DJ but use some thin MDF board to make compartments in the size you need then its just a simple case of slpiiping them together in the boot.

Grab a couple of MDF from bunnings, cut to size, cut the slots to fit them together.

Also have to consider the additional weight. Wood ain't exactly light

You can get a cargo mat to get extra grip for the boot lining. Currently my car has a massive layer of foam lying in the boot. Protects things i put in a also makes sure they don't move at all.

Make sure you put something down to protect the carpet in the boot. Nothing worse then seeing a car that's been well looked after, but opening the boot to find it in a hideous state. I recently bought one of those Toyota boot liners off ebay, but you could use anything such as foam/rubber that others have mentioned or even just a scrap piece of carpet. I also made myself a scuff protector that drapes over the boot, so when I'm taking things in and out of the boot I don't scratch the plastic lips etc - similar to the genuine one you can buy from Toyota, but better lol :D

Im also in the process of buying a boot liner, as i have the same problem with my boots n work overalls. I found some toyota ones on ebay for a very reasonable price and will be purchasing some soon. Also i think those large plastic tubs that u can get from bunnings would provide the perfect compartment for all your dirty (markables) and would also provide a more stable area on the plastic/ rubber boot liner. simply just take the wheels off. This will protect your boot and stop the roller coaster back there while your driving.

I was thinking of the same thing the other day. The carpet material used in the boot isn't particularly grippy, plus my tool bag, boxes etc are smooth to start with.

I had a mate that sold conveyer belting - sort of dimpled rubber. Makes really good non slip boot lining, but i don't don't know where you would be able to buy it.