ZRE152R Corolla 08 Sed Idle Fluctuation

Hey Guys,

Been trying to find out for a while now and read many of the posts already.

I normally take my car in for servicing at Terry Shield Toyota at Granville and the last service has put me thinking.

It was a 60,000km service + Fuel injector cleaning

The idle will sit normally after warming up and fluctuate near the indicator lines on the tacho gauge.

Took it back to get it re-checked they wrote down "Cleaned Airflow Sensor + Throttle body - All ok"

Still fluctuates.. and never has till this last service.

What should I do, read alot about Throttle Body, Air Leaks, Idle Control Valve, etc

Car has only done 52,000km

The idle will sit normally after warming up and fluctuate near the indicator lines on the tacho gauge.

I have the same problem, but my LeManz toyota keep telling me it's normal, when I can feel it's not normal...

Mine normally "tries" to idle at 800rpm...

One reason (for the others complaining here) can be that the engine hasn't been cleaned and you resetted the system by disconnecting your car battery. Obviously this is not your case aznjack26. Your case is probably that the engine was cleaned, but system wasn't resetted by the dealership.

As your car is "learning" all the time and adapting to your driving style, it gets used to the state of your engine. If the pipes are dirty, it adapts to them. When you suddenly clean your pipes, the system remains adapted to the "old", dirty pipes, and it takes time for it to get used to the new situation. This can be fixed by disconnecting the negative terminal from your car battery for a while.

Rest of you guys just probably disconnected your battery without cleaning the engine. Your car "forgot" what it had learned and it obviously takes some time for the car to get used to the present situation again.

• 4 weeks later...

I found when i got my new ZRE152R the idle was fairly "high" for my liking, i figured it was just cause i was used to older more run in car idling at around 500-600. But it does tend to jump around a lot when im driving...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, asked the people repairing my car about this issue today, and they said "Your car stays flat, it doesn't even flutter around" I later said "Have you tried waiting for the engine to be warm? Then checking the idle?" They said "We'll check it 2moro before you pick up your car"

So if anyone has any idea's or a fix for it, please be kind enough to tell us people's, it really makes me want to cry, because I keep thinking there is something secretly going to break very soon...