power fc idle

Hi tocau

Got my power fc installed roughly 3 weeks ago and loving it to be honnest.

i had a quick question in regards to what are the average idles people are having with there power fc coneceted in with a conversion harness.

mine seems a little too high and i was wondering if theres any thing that can be done to fix the problem. ( p.s i had a play in the idle section of power fc doesnt seem to do any thing accept for when i play with the fuel cut but that just makes it idle very rough.)

my current idle

cold 2500rpm

engine warm: 1200 to 1400 rp,

ac warm: 1500 rpm

If any one could offer some advice that would be great thanks , i have got the car profesionaly tunned and done that crazy long idle procedure.

cheers

dave

Hi tocau

Got my power fc installed roughly 3 weeks ago and loving it to be honnest.

i had a quick question in regards to what are the average idles people are having with there power fc coneceted in with a conversion harness.

mine seems a little too high and i was wondering if theres any thing that can be done to fix the problem. ( p.s i had a play in the idle section of power fc doesnt seem to do any thing accept for when i play with the fuel cut but that just makes it idle very rough.)

my current idle

cold 2500rpm

engine warm: 1200 to 1400 rp,

ac warm: 1500 rpm

If any one could offer some advice that would be great thanks , i have got the car profesionaly tunned and done that crazy long idle procedure.

cheers

dave

i know it doesnt directly answer the question, however just in case you didnt read it, it may come in handy....

Edited by Kenshin X
didn't see the reply post :P

He actually replied using your quote, but he replaced the last paragraph with his answer

:whistling: sorry my bad !

There's a screw under the throttle body that lets you adjust idle speed. Your tuner may have bumped it up to prevent the idle hunting rather than tune it out.

Ahh yea , yea i watched him he didnt play with it but i guess maybe i could adjust that to get it to idle lower its starting to get a bit on my nerves , i am tempted to drive down south to as i hear theres a guy that can re wire the standard loom making so you only run the power fc ?

i noticed that when i pull up to a stop the car sits at 1400 rpm then if i rev the car to say 2300 and then let off throttle it bounces back to 1100 , from my understanding though even if i took it back to where i got it tuned, the tunner cant adjust the idle can he as its all controlled by the standard ecu ?

this idle problem is the final thing left and then i think ill finally have solved all the issues lol.

cheers

dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ive just installed my powerfc and i rewired the standard sportivo harness with everything going good the only thing thats hard to get working is the temp gauage but everything else even the electronic idle load or whatever it is mine idles at about 1k and when i play around with the hand controller it responds almost instanlty so i dont know whats playing up witt yours maybe the harness has something to do with it

Hey ive just installed my powerfc and i rewired the standard sportivo harness with everything going good the only thing thats hard to get working is the temp gauage but everything else even the electronic idle load or whatever it is mine idles at about 1k and when i play around with the hand controller it responds almost instanlty so i dont know whats playing up witt yours maybe the harness has something to do with it

your not in brisbane by any chance are you ?

your not in brisbane by any chance are you ?

PM me and ill put you in contact with someone that will be happy to help you

Edited by T_Money