Flashed by Red light camera, do you think I can appeal?

ben yip

:angry: Stop driving like a moron and you won't get speeding and red light fines etc. It's your own damn fault and I hope you lose your licence. The road will be a safer place by the looks of it. Making excuses for each one and trying to justify it...give me a break. You break the law you pay the price.

I await the bitchy reply. dry.gif

Edited by trentmeyer23

I agree.

You shouldn't have crossed the line at all. By the sound of your pass offences, hopefully losing your license will teach you a lesson.

I've lost mine before, I copped it on the chin and dealt with it... I think I am a more sensible driver because of it.

Personally, don't fret about it until you actually get a notice in the mail, otherwise you could be just working yourself up over nothing.

+1.

I once drove an intersection and wasn't paying an attention until a flash went off. I looked around and there was only my car, looked at my mirror and saw the traffic light still on red on the opposite direction and thought 'Im screwed'.

Frustrated for weeks, waiting for the fines, and it was only 3 days after new year.

Up till now I check my mailbox and online, no fines. Come to think about it, I couldn't possibly not notice 2 lights, on top and on my right hand side went red.

Either suck it up if you got fine (Hopefully not), or take this as a lesson to pay more attention when we drive.

• 2 weeks later...

photos arrived, After reading this, there is no way to argue, http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/programs/roadSafety/documents/redLightCamOffences.pdf

as others said, learn the lesson the hard way, so even though half of the car has passed..

Also, in traffic jam, if you stop over the line, you have to pay the fine according to the article above, be careful

First photo, even though half of my car has crossed the line (my car is on the left lane)

296324_10150810596880697_634740696_20547270_1936272593_n.jpg

Second photo, from the distance between the first photo, the speed is 20km/h

294012_10150810596750697_634740696_20547269_1928512459_n.jpg

even with the following, he has to pay the fine when the trailer has not passed the light, WTF (this is not my car)

4310207291_4381c1539a_z.jpg?zz=1

and please read this article

Red Light Camera Fine $324: Welcome to the Police State

I have been driving with extra cautious, on one occassion, I stop the car in short distance, and the rear almost crash on it... every time I cross the traffic lights, a load of mathematics formula and fear just come out, which can easily cause traffic accident, hmm, I don't care, i have paid for insurance, and my rear bumber can be replaced all the time... I rather stop the car than getting a fine..

I am now turning my GPS on to warn me for safety camera

Edited by ben yip

Uhhh... That last pic. Look how far he is into the intersection. Trailer crossing or not.

So are we going to start calling your Lance Armstrong (or Cadel Evans) or did you get lucky and still have some points left?

So you are still going to go through ones without cameras?

try to stop at all times even the car behind crash on me, sick of counting number of seconds with the traffic light

Uhhh... That last pic. Look how far he is into the intersection. Trailer crossing or not.

So are we going to start calling your Lance Armstrong (or Cadel Evans) or did you get lucky and still have some points left?

he can still charge you for not stopping at yellow light and 2 demerit points for the trailer

no points left. have to get GOOD PERIOD for 3 months, doing research about GOOD PERIOD, it is something like 2 points are allocated to you, if you keep breaching, your suspension period will double up

Edited by ben yip

no points left. have to get GOOD PERIOD for 3 months, doing research about GOOD PERIOD, it is something like 2 points are allocated to you, if you keep breaching, your suspension period will double up

Yeah.. we got that in VIC, its called a mercy point and im on it.. (speeding)

but only 1 point and you have that for a year, you loose that point and suspension will be doubled :X (woo 6 monts till i get my points back :P)

If people crash into the back of you, THEY are at fault.

I rather they crash on me than have my demerit points deducted.. and I have rental car from my insurance

I have racing brake pad on my car anyway.. the law forces me to do so, but do not stop over the line, otherwise 3 points again..again, WTF is this.. In raining, this really sucks

This is a good practise for me, with fear and full of formulas in calculating the yellow light length, and traffic condition, one single mistake can put me in trouble.. especially when you are tired

I remember when I drove yesterday, the bus was blocking the traffic light for at least 3 seconds due to its height.. I have to look spend time to look for another traffic light at somewhere else, this is risky

I just want you guys be careful, and not attempt to cross yellow light, the risk is quite high.. I have learned the lesson already

Edited by ben yip

If people crash into the back of you, THEY are at fault.

I rather they crash on me than have my demerit points deducted.. and I have rental car from my insurance

I have racing brake pad on my car anyway.. the law forces me to do so, but do not stop over the line, otherwise 3 points again..again, WTF is this.. In raining, this really sucks

This is a good practise for me, with fear and full of formulas in calculating the yellow light length, and traffic condition, one single mistake can put me in trouble.. especially when you are tired

Instead of doing maths, why don't you just drive?