Bad, bad news ...

Just saw a news report that the owners of Darlington Park raceway have closed it, and the plan at the moment is to ready the site for re-development into industrial space.

The reason ... one household, about 800 metres from the track, complaining about the noise. No, not from racing cars, but the noise made by the Ford Fiestas that are used for a youth-oriented driver training scheme!

The Gold Coast council have asked the owners to reconsider, but the owners say the legal bills are too much.

I haven't been to the track before, but from what the local Rolla owners have told us about the place, I'd hate to see it disappear like Lakeside Raceway has done.

Sounds crap... Why not just install a sound proof wall like the ones on the freeways???

There are two more silly points to consider ... one, the trucks that pass through the area already make more noise than the track activities, and two, an industrial estate will not only be louder in itself, but the amount of trucks passing through will increase in a big way!

Which was there first the track or the house?????

This REALLY annoys me! ppl are worried about the youth of today and how'computer' games are supposedly teaching teenagers to be invulnerable on the roads, having uber l33t driving skills and being able to handle high powered cars.

Darlington Park and other areas create a safe environment for theses teenagers to be shown HOW DANGEROUS cars can be if you dont know what you are doing, and that even in a good car...if you dont know how to use it....... YOU HAVE NO CHANCE!!!

Then someone comes along because they cant hear their George Michal DVD playing whilst they do their vaccuuming in their fishnets and highheels because 'THOSE DAMN KIDS ARE LEARNING TO BE SAFE AGAIN!'

Also remember that this is the R&D Track for DJR (***** Johnson Racing) so V8 race cars are flying around that track more often than not.

I personally have been to this track with DJR on a truly eye opening experiance driving a V8 race car @ 200+ K/hr.......

And Mark has Darlington to thank for his rise to fame as 'did you see that rolla that went into the drink!?'

RANT RANT RANT - Sads

Then someone comes along because they cant hear their George Michal DVD playing whilst they do their vaccuuming in their fishnets and highheels

Craig you have to stop talking about yourself in the 3rd person, people may think you have split personalities or something :P

But I completely agree with you on these statements. It was a tradgedy when Lakeside closed it's doors as Australia lost it's BEST short track circuit. With the impending closure of Oran Park, there is one more going to the developers. There are counry side circuits such as Wakefield Park, Winton and Mallala that get great patronage but people often have to drive for 1-3 hours to get there.

Governments may see these sites as an easy land grap opportunity, but there is a social resposnibilty being upheld by keeping these facilities in place. The education of young driver becomes more and more important and is stressed more and more, every time we see a 'P' plate fatality.

mmm, parkland with a few cars going racing a round it, or as Craig said....loads and loads and loads of trucks into an industrial estate...

and don't forget the added pollution....

me thinks these people complaining are a$$holes...

Also remember that this is the R&D Track for DJR (***** Johnson Racing) so V8 race cars are flying around that track more often than not.

I personally have been to this track with DJR on a truly eye opening experiance driving a V8 race car @ 200+ K/hr.......

RANT RANT RANT - Sads

we've heard that a few times now ;) and it's disappointing that u won't get to give good ol' snowflake a real drive around there... :angry:

Edited by shaohaok

RANT RANT RANT - Sads

we've heard that a few times now ;) and it's disappointing that u won't get to give good ol' snowflake a real drive around there... :angry:

just reliving one of my favourite moments in a car of anysort

sorry if i get a bit repetative

Yer I know....soon shao..soon