ZRE152R TRD Rear Sway + ?

qf380

Ive been browsing past topics guys and seems the opinions are varied, i just got my 2010 ZRE152R Corolla and i was looking at fitting a rear sway bar to the car, most likely the TRD option:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-rear-stabilizer-sway-bar-corolla-52087

It says its compatible with ZZE corollas, is there one that fits mine?

And finally, should i be running something on the front end to compliment it? Some people are telling me to get a front sway bar, but i cant find a TRD produced one, would it be ok to fit another brand with a TRD on the rear? Im not looking to upgrade the suspension or anything like that, i want to keep the car looking stock for a bit first, i appreciate stock :P But i was looking for some upgrades to do that will make a difference with a stock look....if that makes sense :P

I dont think that TRD rear sway is compatible with your ZRE152 chassis. The compatibility chart doesnt have ZRE152R in it as well.

CUSCO have a rear sway bar 16mm that a fair few of us ZRE owners have installed that fits. I front sway may induce more understeer depending on what your application is for; street/track. A front strut tower brace will compliment the rear sway and help reduce bodyroll immensely. Definitely one of the must haves on any car is a front strut brace.

Im only talking street application for now. It may seem silly to do when im not using on track, but its just something fun to do hehe.

So cusco sounds like its the go, that way i can get front strut and rear sway both cusco. Does anybody happen to know the model numbers? Im going to have a bit of a browse now at cusco

Sorry to ask stupid questions, this is all way above my head to be honest. Ive never dealt with these sorts of parts. Im looking at the Cusco parts listing, the model number you listed fir the front strut comes up under Corolla Rumion? I would have thought it would be the model listed under Auris?

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/P276-281.pdf

Also i cant find the rear sway on their list:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/P114-116.pdf

Nengen also list a different part number for ZRE152 rear sway and the Tom's site has a different number for the front strut.....im getting confused :(

Edited by Lachlan H

The reason im asking is im going back to hong kong in 2 weeks and i found a car parts store where the locals do up their cars and they have a lot of Cusco stock :P They have the front strut listed under Auris on the cusco site as i said, but it seems to be different to what part number ill need....

do not order by the front cusco sway bar, but put the cusco rear sway 16mm..

the front and rear sway bar should be about the same thickness for neutral handling

I have proven it on track and on my computer simulator in FF cars

The factory one for front is 16mm, the cusco is 26mm, which is double the strength in terms of maths

so you just need to put 16mm at the back to balance out

The TRD ones I remember is 26mm, you will need to change the front to 26mm in order to get balance, plus the TRD ones will not fit your car

PS, I am from Hong Kong as well, you can PM me if you like

Edited by ben yip

I think im leaning toward the cusco front strut and cusco rear sway. (edit: no pun intended)

rumion and auris have the same chassis frame...just a different body shape,

Thanks for explaining that flipsta24. So if i was to get the front strut the Cusco list for the Auris it should fit still? Cause i can pick it up in Hong Kong for $170 AUD and i can box it up and put it in the hold and fly it home with me...Cant get the model number you list for the strut as it doesnt suit any cars they have in HK, so they dont stock it.

Edited by Lachlan H

do not order by the front cusco sway bar, but put the cusco rear sway 16mm..

the front and rear sway bar should be about the same thickness for neutral handling

I have proven it on track and on my computer simulator in FF cars

The factory one for front is 16mm, the cusco is 26mm, which is double the strength in terms of maths

so you just need to put 16mm at the back to balance out

The TRD ones I remember is 26mm, you will need to change the front to 26mm in order to get balance, plus the TRD ones will not fit your car

PS, I am from Hong Kong as well, you can PM me if you like

So you reckon the Cusco 26mm Front swaybar will balance out with the 16mm cusco rear swaybar Ben? I heard it will induce too much oversteer and cause us to slide out with high speed cornering. What you think? Worth getting?

So you reckon the Cusco 26mm Front swaybar will balance out with the 16mm cusco rear swaybar Ben? I heard it will induce too much oversteer and cause us to slide out with high speed cornering. What you think? Worth getting?

No, the front and rear thickness should be the same, DO NOT get the cusco front if you have the cusco rear..

and only do straight line braking

If I understand it correctly, if the front sway bar is stiffer than the back, you'll understeer and if the rear sway bar is stiffer, you'll get oversteer. Is that correct? If so, that means if your car is already prone to understeer, as most FF cars are, you'd want stiffer rear sway bar.

Well now im not to sure on the whole issue haha! i was just going to get the cusco rear sway and an engine strut.....im just a casual street driver not wanting to take car on track at all, i thought about sway bars and such because i thought it would improve the handling on the road, i dont really want to make the car understeer/oversteer more haha!

I could just be over thinking it, because i dont understand any of this (hence why i asked) i am at your mercy!

Front strut brace and Rear swaybar and coilovers and your set to tackle most conditions on the street

Sweet that answers it then. Cusco rear sway and front strut here i come! Best place to buy? I found greenline.jp had them both, rhdjapan didnt have both of them stocked, id rather get them all in one go if i could. Anywhere in australia?

Johnnie has already answered this, Cusco rear sway with front strut; that's all you really need. :)

I have used greenline getting struts and rear sway for the ZRE boys. They are decent in price and are really quick!

.....im just a casual street driver not wanting to take car on track at all

Exactly, mm this mm that, this isn't World Touring Cars it's road cars so any purchase you make will make a huge difference over stock... I have front strut and rear sway and noticed difference right away, now it just feels normal but if I drive a ZRE with stock suspension i'd prob hate it.

My rear sway is a Kmac custom job and is 20mm, contact them and see what they can do for you..

K-Mac suspension

ZRKM1006.jpg

.....im just a casual street driver not wanting to take car on track at all

Exactly, mm this mm that, this isn't World Touring Cars it's road cars so any purchase you make will make a huge difference over stock... I have front strut and rear sway and noticed difference right away, now it just feels normal but if I drive a ZRE with stock suspension i'd prob hate it.

My rear sway is a Kmac custom job and is 20mm, contact them and see what they can do for you..

K-Mac suspension

ZRKM1006.jpg

Kmac quoted me 280 for the sway 88 for fitting

These sway bars are quite expensive aren't they? Considering they're just a piece of metal bar connected at both ends. I wonder how much their markup is selling these stuff... I might just try to get a piece of that sweet pie.

... I have front strut and rear sway and noticed difference right away, now it just feels normal but if I drive a ZRE with stock suspension i'd prob hate it ...

THIS! Putting my stock suspension back in, I felt like I actually put a 6" lift kit in the rolla.. :D

I can vouch for that these suspensions bit do a bit. I have tracked my car, and hell you'd be surprised how they can handle!!

Well thanks for the advice guys. Youve all been a great help. Ill be getting a cusco rear sway and front strut once i come back from my overseas trip, heading off tomorow night and will be returning in 2 weeks, after that, time to have some fun :P Sadly johnnie i dont have access to vinhs ZRE shop :P I always thought the ZRE seemed to handle alright, guess theres much room for improvement!

• 3 weeks later...

cusco front strut 942 540 A

Cusco rear sway 942 344 B16

just wondering if these will go with the zre152 sedan as well? i've read they have the same chassis but i just want to be really sure.. :ph34r: