Supra return on the way??

supra1.jpg

Something to be taken with a decent grain of salt, but Car Magazine UK is reporting that Toyota has a team of engineers at work on a new Supra for a possible 2014 debut. The Supra would join the FT86 in Toyota's rejuvenated lineup but little else is known about the successor to one of the most famous Japanese sports cars of all time.

What would you guys like to see from a new Supra? Turbo? NA V8? Price?

Sound off below.

-Mike Garrett

Source: Car Magazine UK

_ copied from Speedhunters.com

I think its possible. There's also a report about the revival of the NSX that got aborted because of the global financial crisis.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52520/honda-nsx-comeback-confirmed-again-report

But considering all the craze about being "green" and the tightening of emission standard, I think we'll only see maximum a turbo 6. Realistically, I think its probably just gonna be a turbo 4 or even a hybrid sport, with the turbo 6 reserved for the JDM.

High revving N/A sport engines are on the way out I think. Honda seems to think so too. Small hatches will start using turbo 1.6l 4 cylinders engines.

With the IS-F, FT86, LFA, new breed of chassis and a new gen of V8's, Its not that far out of the picture. Agreed the FT has taken its time, but i wont stop dreaming! :)

Bit more info:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52509/toyota-engineers-working-on-supra-successor-report

Looks sleek but rather soft and conservative. I really love the way supra looks, this one not so much.

That rounded gaping maw at the front ruins it IMO. It softens the aggresive look, like a Mazda MX-5. Not a big fan of the creased boot spoiler either. On a family sedan maybe, but sports coupe needs a proper spoiler.

The images above are just renders someone did up.

Since the FRS is likely to be released with a 1.6L turbo or 2L NA, I don't see Toyota aiming for a large displacement engine with the whole green thing. 3 or 3.5L NA would be my guess. ISF fills Supra role currently.