inlet manifold rattle

clubmoz

Hi, I have a 2006 Camry Altise and I am enquiring whether anyone else has experienced an 'inlet manifold rattle' (vibration) in their Camry. I have been told that the internal baffle has come away from the housing and to replace the manifold (rectify the problem) will cost approx $1200.

My thoughts are that this is a design fault. The problem started around the 75,000Km mark and gradually became worse. The point is, if I get the inlet manifold replaced, will it happen again? (I know that is a 'loaded' question, but how come a non-moving part, becomes a moving part?).

Any thoughts / help much appreciated.

Hi, I have a 2006 Camry Altise and I am enquiring whether anyone else has experienced an 'inlet manifold rattle' (vibration) in their Camry. I have been told that the internal baffle has come away from the housing and to replace the manifold (rectify the problem) will cost approx $1200.

My thoughts are that this is a design fault. The problem started around the 75,000Km mark and gradually became worse. The point is, if I get the inlet manifold replaced, will it happen again? (I know that is a 'loaded' question, but how come a non-moving part, becomes a moving part?).

do you have the V6 or the 4 cylinder car, because theyre different.

do you have the V6 or the 4 cylinder car, because theyre different.

:g: hmmm, never had problems with my one, and ive done 227xxx kms

Well I'm pleased for you not having problems at 227000 km's.....mine has just clocked 90k Km's. :unsure:

:g: hmmm, never had problems with my one, and ive done 227xxx kms

Well I'm pleased for you not having problems at 227000 km's.....mine has just clocked 90k Km's. :unsure:

i guess its the way the car is maintained, i have been following the logbook till the end.

and also the mechanic who has maintained the car, ive been bringing mine to the same one since it was brand new.

If there was or is a design fault there would be many failures then a " recall" issued accordingly...

It would also be hard to ask for warranty if the car

Is 5 years old. Does the ecu show the

Dealer of how many kms travelled if so you might able to ask for "technical assistance" ( in the truck scene we

Have it)

Have you tryed the wreckers for a manifold ?

As For 1200 you could buy a low km engine...

Edited by Cbr600

• 2 weeks later...

are you certain its actually the inlet manifold baffle that has come loose? it might be worth it to check with a different mechanic just to be sure.

If it is in fact an internal problem with the inlet manifold, then you might be best off getting a 2nd hand one from the wreckers.

• Like 1

Hi curry_muncha,

Yes I have had it confirmed by an independent mechanic and also Toyota Service Dept as well. They say it is not a common fault and yet their parts dept mentioned that the replacement inlet manifold has had some modifications and they sell about 3-4 a week (from only one outlet).

Sort of confirms my thoughts that there is a fault, but I fully acknowledge that the car is out of warranty (time wise, not mileage wise).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Moz