CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE

INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE

BOTTOM

LINES OF

THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM "

DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL

THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO

AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING

TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE

ARAB

NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE

SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES

ARE

FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS

SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES

ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,

WE

WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE

SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

I find this hard to be true, because if everyone in Australia did not purchase any petrol on that day, it would mean more people would purchase the day before and the day after, I don't see how it can make a difference to the overall petrol consumption. Unless we all walk on that day...

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA DID NOT PURCHASE A

DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES

WOULD

CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE

INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE

BOTTOM

LINES OF

THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM "

DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL

THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO

AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING

TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE

ARAB

NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE

SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES

ARE

FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS

SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES

ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,

WE

WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE

SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

this is the same email that SPAMS our inboxes everytime the oil prices go up.

IT doesnt work and enough ppl dont get it to make a difference. and by posting it up on a site one day before the event???????

If your going to to it do it right and do what i do ........ NO PETROL FOR A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah thank ***** my clutch has gone atm .....hehehhee

Rather than not buying fuel for a day why dont you just say no to that bought lunch you are going to have today and make your own lunch??? or dont eat out tonight stay home and cook that steak thats been sitting in the freezer for 3 weeks ;)

What relly needs to be done is this federal inquiry to happen and HAPPEN NOW!!!!!

A hurricane hits the american coast and immeditaly prices go up do to oil refinery damage??????? The effected refineries oil/fuel would not even make it to our shores for 2 - 4 weeks!!!!! So why OIL Companies in AUS raise their prices as soon as the incident is occuring??? because they can and they know we need it!!!! This is why the government need to do something about it and FAST!!!!! States like VIC and NSW have had rediculous prices for the last I dont know how many years and now QLD has finally could up to similar prices.

If you want to make a difference CATCH PUBLIC TRANSPORT.... or do whay dylan and I do and ride a bike to work :D

RANT complete !!!! :P

If you want to make a difference CATCH PUBLIC TRANSPORT.... or do whay dylan and I do and ride a bike to work :D

Ummmmm dude, I live like 35 K's from work, there is no way in hell im cycling :D.

We do car pool though so its a bit better than most ;).

But on a serious note, anyone who honestly believes that the entire fate of the petrol companies rests on a 24 hour period needs a reality check, what about christmas day, heaps of servo's are closed and therefore have no business but they don't go out of business.

For a snigle 24 hour period if no one buys fuel guess what happens tomorrow, twice as many people buy fuel, there is no way this could work unless it was an organised national USE no fuel for a day, but for simply not buying it they will get your bussines tomorrow.

From the fact that its all in caps im going to guess you received this in email. Unfortunately it will most likely be a spam letter devised by some kid simply to clog peoples mailboxes and unfortunately has no factual information in it.

Edited by Blade Hunter

Ummmmm dude, I live like 35 K's from work, there is no way in hell im cycling

hahahahahaaaa

Well you will certainly have buns of steel after that amount of riding :)

oh and leasaunce I wasnt having a go at you mate either ;) I know you are just as concerned about getting petrol prices down like the rest of us sorry if it felt like I was flaming you B)

Ummmmm dude, I live like 35 K's from work, there is no way in hell im cycling :D.

i agree with that... its a 55km trip to work for me... and its early in the morning... and its about 4 - 10 degrees at the time i leave..... imagine how early i would have to get up if i rode to work and what the temperature would be then....

i cant car pool with anyone... noone lives down near me... the closest is only 5km from work... so that is useless

i agree with that... its a 55km trip to work for me... and its early in the morning... and its about 4 - 10 degrees at the time i leave..... imagine how early i would have to get up if i rode to work and what the temperature would be then....

i cant car pool with anyone... noone lives down near me... the closest is only 5km from work... so that is useless

Hehehe I car pool with my Fiance, we live together and she works in North Sydney so I drop her there on the way to my work then pick her up on the way home :).

At the end of the day, petrol is like milk and bread ... we need it, even if prices go up. All we can really do is try and buy fuel at the bottom of the weekly cycles, even though that method is getting harder and harder, too.

How about those poor Americans, hey? Crying because their fuel could go as high as US$3 per gallon ... still less than US$0.75 per litre!

The rude thing about this for me happened today ... a servo here in Brisbane was doing petrol for $0.75 a litre, it was promoted all over the radio and so on, but they forgot to mention that this cheap fuel was an ethanol blend, and even then no-one was telling what percentage it was. I believe the lawful maximum is 10% ethanol, but who's to know?

Lucky our local servo is a bit slow on the uptake, when the servos on Gympie Road in Brisbane go up, its usually 24hrs before our local matches them. :-)

I think buying smaller capacity more fuel effcient cars or buying hybrid cars are more realistic ways to reduce emissions, be more environentally friendly and reduce fuel consumption and also to save us from going broke. I did my own calculations, in the past 6 years, my occupation's salary has gone up 10-12% after nearly a decade's bargaining but cost of living has just gone up off the scales. Just the cost of food has gone up 50%, fuel 60%, property prices have just been ridiculous. Everyone is paying the price but it's people that are just starting out and the next generation paying the maximum price.

I am for hybrid cars, anyone selling??

The rude thing about this for me happened today ... a servo here in Brisbane was doing petrol for $0.75 a litre, it was promoted all over the radio and so on, but they forgot to mention that this cheap fuel was an ethanol blend, and even then no-one was telling what percentage it was.  I believe the lawful maximum is 10% ethanol, but who's to know?

They did say it was an ethanol blended fuel at that freedom server on logan road buddha ;) well on NOVA FM they did anyway.

Well, I didn't buy fuel yesterday, I won't buy any tomorrow, I most likely won't buy any on the weekend and I think I make do until I'm on the way back from WSID next wednesday... this tank I filled on sunday 28 august for the cross city tunnel cruise by the way...

sure does save $$$$$ and the environment to use a bike, or even public transport...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

The rude thing about this for me happened today ... a servo here in Brisbane was doing petrol for $0.75 a litre, it was promoted all over the radio and so on, but they forgot to mention that this cheap fuel was an ethanol blend, and even then no-one was telling what percentage it was.  I believe the lawful maximum is 10% ethanol, but who's to know?

They did say it was an ethanol blended fuel at that freedom server on logan road buddha ;) well on NOVA FM they did anyway.

NOVA are obviously a bit more informed or informative than Triple M! :-)

sure does save $$$$$ and the environment to use a bike, or even public transport...

My grandmother always told me, if you can't say something nice about something, then say nothing about it.

I have nothing to say about public transport. ;)