4ABHGE's Red Lunch Box - Goners!

4ABHGE

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting ready for 2 or 3 track days coming up.

Got tyres fitted up, front studs fitted in (waiting on rears, got the wrong ones), spacers and a few more little things...

also...

Wheel bearing issue just turned out to be a loose nut on the driveshaft :S

I tightened it up and it should be fine. Only thing is that an oil leak showed up today leaking from my drivers side diff seal...oil all under the car. Guess what's now on the to do list for next week...

Also swapped the dizzy over from the sx as it doesn't leak and fixed the timing, the power is more linear and responsive now. I put some engine covers back on to neaten it up and hide some of those little leaks too hahaha

Edited by 4ABHGE

I know Ben! ive been itching to get out there aswell...

August 26, September 16 both at winton, and maybe 23rd sept at VICPOL training grounds....

• 2 weeks later...

Things done today:

- QFM A1RM pads installed on the front. (**** theyre good!!)

- Head bolts re-torqued

- Bigport Cams (VTAKZ YO!!)

- New timing belt

Things to do before trackday:

- a skid

- change all fluids

- fix leaky sump plug (gonna try giving teflon tape a go as a quick fix, anyone reckon it will work?)

Video after sunday ;)

Also got a civic sump plug and fibre washer im gonna throw on the car to stop the annoying sump leak...

Got mah flame suit awwn.

fire-proximity-suit-250x250.jpg

Went up to Winton today with a few mates, had a ball!

Passing GTR's and WRX's and getting TX3 drivers mad.

I had an issue with the R888's, not only was the weather cold, but they're just too big for the car and i couldn't warm them up regardless of what tyre pressure I ran. This caused them to be really snappy and unpredictable which made the car a handful all day... it was pretty fun though :P

The A1RM's pulled up better than anything I have ever experienced, felt great braking later than all sorts off cars! :D

But, I wasn't happy with my suspension setup, the front is rolling around too much compared to the rear and the grip is too high for the springs so the nose is diving and the car is rolling too much through the corners for my liking.

I was just starting to gel with the car but decided to call it a day in session 3 due to doing in my rear wheel bearing and a few mates having some bad luck of their own.

Anyway, here are my session times.

Session 1:

2:14.2800 1:52.7850 1:49.3340 1:48.4470 2:00.0830 1:50.4730 1:48.6590

Session 2:

2:05.2700 2:00.4480 1:55.0730 2:02.7710 2:00.6170 1:53.9150 1:50.4480

Session 3:

2:07.6110 2:01.9410 2:20.0790 1:52.9330 1:49.1490 1:48.7830 1:47.9560

Indeed sir, best look on his face when i pulled up next to him on the exit of the corners... twice! then he drove straight into a massive mud puddle while i cruised around him... trololololol

Indeed sir, best look on his face when i pulled up next to him on the exit of the corners... twice! then he drove straight into a massive mud puddle while i cruised around him... trololololol

LAWL. :lol:

that must have been a crappy driver... :P

will be joining you very soon... :)

Yeah he was doing 2:11's.... Now, this is a completely serious question, is it even possible to be that slow in a GTR on semis? Even a mate in his civic with no brakes and street tyres was quicker lololol

Unfortunately I think this will be the last track day for a while for me, need to sort out the SX and build another motor for this as its a bit smokey at the moment...

Fluids changed, car is now feeling alot better again.

Lots of parts have been ordered and need to be installed by next monday.. fingers crossed they get here in time.

There is a knock coming from the rear of the car. I thought it was the wheel bearing or camber bolts, both of which i changed and tightened respectively because they were loose, still the knocking is there... any ideas guys? only other thing i can think of is the exhaust?

I dont think its that, it only happens when the weight shifts to the left of the car... if it was the lock nuts it would be knocking all the time over bumps

Longshot on the noises: check how secure your rear swaybar is.

Awesome series of race pics Jus. :D

I also see what you meant when u told me you were getting positive camber while cornering in the rear wheels..lol

In regard to the slow GTR, i've always thought talent & commitment outweighs whatever car you're driving....So kudos!! :D