Fuel economy

i know this has kinda of been covered before, but i was just wondering which fuel you guys think is the most economic; i only pump shell premium, bp premium (95) and bp ultimate (98), i got a 1zz so can anyone explain to me which one give me the most mileage? not even sure if anyone in the forum cares about fuel economy but i'm poor and fuel is expensive these days hehee

thanks guys

1zz here also. running nothing but bp ultimate. about 550-700kms a full tank. prices have been 135c to 140c/litre lately. prices have been so high lately, i witnessed a guy do a runner today. it's also idiots like those that cause petrol prices to rise.

yeah i wouldnt mind hearing some opinions on fuel

personally i dont like shell optimax

i dont mind bp ultimate

but i use caltex vortex thy claim to use injector cleaner in with ther 98 octane fuel

BUT i know people who know fuel truck drivers and they say they do stops at all the fuel stations so they all technically use the same fuel anyways

I must be doing something wrong then.

The most I have seen of late 590 from a tank. I have a 1zz as well. For me there seems to be no difference between unleaded, PULP and 98 in terms of better mileage. The car does seem to accelarate better and have better power overall with 98. That is better pulling power, ie being able to pull 5th gear at 50km/h for example.

The air filter panel in the car has now seen 12000k's It might be time for a clean and re oil.

i have the sportivo he 2zz-ge and i get just under 600kms out of a tank and thats with taking it easy but still the occasional race as i couldnt help myself

i have a manifold back exhaust system so that wouldnt help either

on my 03 stivo, with trd cai, and bp 98 octane

i average about 620km with 10 litres to spare... without hooning 2 much :lol:

will try caltex pulp 95octane next. apparently you get bit more mileage than bp 98 octane (gives more power)

well i just posted this in the previous post but to be specific:

Full breathing mods, i can thrash the crap out of it for a full 600ks and i get 7L per hundred, pre mods however i sometimes got as high as 8. However since mods have been obtained i wouldnt able to tell you how it goes driving "normally", i dont have the discipline to go 600ks without hearing that exhaust come to life, however i would guess more conservative driving would further improve efficiency. This is all running nothing other than 98 octane BP Ultimate, seems to be the most consistent fuel to me...

I wouldnt be too worried though guys as the 1zzs are rated at 8.1L per hundred clicks with 91 oc ULP...and no one seems to be getting severely out of range of that. Stivos, i am not so sure the factory consumption rating, however i have reason to believe that lift is very thirsty so if you just cant stay away from those high revs...you could probably guzzle upto 9L per hundred without breathing mods.

I started my own test last week to see how much I really can get out of a tank if I drive the car gently ( Which is hard work! ).

All city driving using Shell Optimax, including driving to the meet yesterday, I've completed 200km's using just under a quarter tank.

Meaning by the time I hit empty, If I continue driving the way I have I'll have done some 800km's from the 55 litre tank.

Normally I average around 600km's, so what am I doing different?

Rather than shifting up at around 3500 rpm as per normal, I'm shifting up at 2500rpm or less sometimes and using 5th gear from 60km/h (unless going up hills). Now my mods have given me a little more torque allowing me to do this without the engine bogging down or labouring, I'm not sure how a standard 1zz will do, but give it a try.

I'll keep you posted how I finish up on this tank of fuel.

ok a previous post of mine is wrong i said i got just under 600km out of a tank

thats wrong cus when i filled up it filled 49litres so i still had 11litres left so just under 700kms out of a tank is roughly what i would have got

that uncludes the occasional race hehe and occasional foot to the floor cus i love the sound of the zorst and lift kicking in u just cant help myself

cheers guys

also i use caltex vortex

hey,

2zz using bp 98 = 740km - 57L

ie. 7.7L/100km

i just filled up on optimax to see the diff...

normal driving 85-90% hit lift about 10-15% of the time.

drive minimum 25km to uni and 25km back 3 days a week 70km/h

and 50km to work and 50km back 3 days a week avg speed 90km/h

Mods CAI and Cannon 2" muffler.

tboy

hey man i understand what your saying but for some topics like fuel

things are always changing so i know i would rather hear what people have got to say NOW not read what people thought 6 months ago cus i know i always change my opinion on fuels depending on good experiences from certain servos

now im not saying the search results were from 6 months ago i actually didnt check but i was just trying to get a point across

hey man i understand what your saying but for some topics like fuel

things are always changing so i know i would rather hear what people have got to say NOW not read what people thought 6 months ago cus i know i always change my opinion on fuels depending on good experiences from certain servos

now im not saying the search results were from 6 months ago i actually didnt check but i was just trying to get a point across

So bump an old thread...

It's ALWAYS better to bump an old thread to ask a question then start a new one!!!