mastercard and visa

spec_black

Visa seems to be accepted in more places.
hey guys

just wanted to know if you guys know the difference between a visa card n a mastercard

im looking for a credit card right now but the 2 are the same to me.

is there a difference?

depends at how you look at it. I thought this also untill I went overseas and applied for a VISA as I already had a Mastercard.....and suprisingly enough even some horse backed mongolian ghengis kahn looking guy had an EFT machine on his back that took my master card............we maybe not, but you get my point :D

But definatley check the fees...and remember that you pay MORE in annual fees for bonus schemes based on purchse points etc.

As with anything RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH :ph34r:

Edited by Danthuyer

Mastercard and VISA are simply two different companies offering different credit card productes. I've personally always found Mastercard to be better - never been refused anywhere in Australia, the US or Europe. I've never in fact even had a VISA card.

Bankcards used to be really popular in Australia but I think are useless overseas.

For comparisons on which card to get, here is a link to the current Cannex report (June 2005): clicky

You do know that most EBay sellers allow bank transfer (Via netbanking) as a paymet option now :). Saves running up a CC bill :).

i've already applied for a visa hahah

no banking fees since im a student.

im just planning to use it on ebay

so stuff the interest rates n all

ill pay it off straight away haha

hopefully..

i dont know if other banks offer this but St. George i believe it was at the time offer a Visa card which is directly linked to your savings account so you can hit the credit button on the eft machines and to make purchases online but your limit on the CC is basically whats in ur savings account as it takes it straight out once the payment is processed.

that's pretty much what I've got Bill :)

it saves me on fees as they count as a credit transaction (where VISA foots the bill, payed by the interest earned by holding money for 3 days) rather then an EFTPOS transaction where by the Bank/Credit Union foots the bill, and untimately the customer (ie you) :D :D :D :D :D