Aurion write off

DeafDave76

Hi a couple of weekends ago, I crashed my Aurion which was barely 18 months old. The insurers has written it off (even it does look repairable...it was the steering components that is royally rooted).

Right now I am waiting for insurance payout so I can get another car ASAP. Unfortunately my car was bought with car loan the insurance will pay that out and the remaining goes to me. I will of course apply for another loan but only until after my holidays.

And of course i will get another Aurion because I can't get enough of fuel economy itself for its power class. But however the Holden Commodore SV6 seems to be winning me over with the 5 year warranty (Holden does them now!) and capped servicing prices. So for now I hope to get a good Aurion.

I will be returning to this forum if I got another Aurion.

My condolences on your Aurion loss.

I hope you or others are fine.

Good luck on your new purchase. The SV6 might look tempting but just keep in mind that that Holden quality is no where near as good as Toyota.

My condolences on your Aurion loss.

I hope you or others are fine.

Good luck on your new purchase. The SV6 might look tempting but just keep in mind that that Holden quality is no where near as good as Toyota.

Sorry for your loss mate but I can vouch for this comment. I drove my friends mums 2010 VE with barely 40K on the clock and the quality didn't feel as good as my 07 Aurion.

+ Me too on the SV6.

My mate has 1 and its just so cheap on the inside and caused him nothing but hassel after hassel.

Cheap plastics that scratch with a finger nail.

The A pillers are so big you can't see the corners when turning.

Pretty much don't buy it but its your choice.

+ Me too on the SV6.

My mate has 1 and its just so cheap on the inside and caused him nothing but hassel after hassel.

Admittedly I didn't test drive the Holden SV6 series 2 ones. From what everyone is saying, are you all talking about VE series one models?

+ Me too on the SV6.

Admittedly I didn't test drive the Holden SV6 series 2 ones. From what everyone is saying, are you all talking about VE series one models?

Yeah I'm talking about the series 1 but seeing the series 1 and 2 side by side I honestly see no difference apart from the front bumper and the wheels.

Sorry to hear about your Aurion. Such a shame, and so new, too.

IMO there's hardly any visual difference between the S1 and S2 VE's (then again, is there ever). Adamsy put it best - S2 looks like someones just melted the S1 bumper a bit.

As for the interior, as far as I know apart from that Holden IQ system (which can eat its own a*se), there's no other real changes in S2. Its still made from the same poor quality materials as S1. And that handbrake is especially awful. I drove a brand new WM Caprice a couple years back. For a $65k car, the interior quality was inexcusable.

+ Me too on the SV6.

Yeah I'm talking about the series 1 but seeing the series 1 and 2 side by side I honestly see no difference apart from the front bumper and the wheels.

You forgot the Holden (lack of) IQ system. Whoop dee doo.... That, and SiDi. The sportwagons have beautiful lines though. Pity bout the overall build quality :(

+ Me too on the SV6.

You forgot the Holden (lack of) IQ system. Whoop dee doo.... That, and SiDi. The sportwagons have beautiful lines though. Pity bout the overall build quality :(

The sportswagon is what I am aiming for but hmmm maybe I can wait for the VF next year! I have also decided to wait and see what the new Aurion that is due out next year looks like in flesh as well! A pity there isn't an Aurion wagon...oh wait the Klugers but they are thirsty beasts!

+ Me too on the SV6.

The sportswagon is what I am aiming for but hmmm maybe I can wait for the VF next year! I have also decided to wait and see what the new Aurion that is due out next year looks like in flesh as well! A pity there isn't an Aurion wagon...oh wait the Klugers but they are thirsty beasts!

As someone who was driving a Sportswagon before getting an Aurion, I have to say I miss the ability to carry awkward, large-ish items. If the Aurion had a wagon version, I'd probably have gone for that.

As it turns out, I've pretty much made up my mind to look towards getting a wagon as my next car. If there's an Aurion Presara Wagon, I'd probably end up getting that. If there isn't one, I'll probably look at something like a Skoda Superb Wagon 125TDI (about the same price as a Presara atm).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the Holden Sportswagons. Great looking, drives great, corners like it's on rails, but build quality, resale and reliability isn't at a level where I'm comfortable with.

I've had falcons and commodores and there standards are nowhere near the Aurions. Toyota's are way more reliable, better quality, and way more powerful and fuel efficient. (the Aurion that is) I think that my Aurion is even better than my BMW 740Li ! The dash parts, buttons, vinal, "fake wood grain dash components" are all falling apart and coming loose, its all rubbish! and the reliability of my BMW is beyond recognition. i love toyota, the end.whistling.gif

+ Me too on the SV6.

As someone who was driving a Sportswagon before getting an Aurion, I have to say I miss the ability to carry awkward, large-ish items. If the Aurion had a wagon version, I'd probably have gone for that.

As it turns out, I've pretty much made up my mind to look towards getting a wagon as my next car. If there's an Aurion Presara Wagon, I'd probably end up getting that. If there isn't one, I'll probably look at something like a Skoda Superb Wagon 125TDI (about the same price as a Presara atm).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the Holden Sportswagons. Great looking, drives great, corners like it's on rails, but build quality, resale and reliability isn't at a level where I'm comfortable with.

I've had falcons and commodores and there standards are nowhere near the Aurions. Toyota's are way more reliable, better quality, and way more powerful and fuel efficient. (the Aurion that is) I think that my Aurion is even better than my BMW 740Li ! The dash parts, buttons, vinal, "fake wood grain dash components" are all falling apart and coming loose, its all rubbish! and the reliability of my BMW is beyond recognition. i love toyota, the end.whistling.gif

Thank god a number of people do agree with me - Aurion should get a wagon version. I am surprised the Camry/Aurion managed to last so long without a wagon for a large number of years since they dumped it back in er...late 90's or early 2000's? If Toyota Australia wakes up and offers us the wagons, I would buy it in a heart beat as long as it looks a lot better than Holden Sportswagon! I do agree with the above about the fuel efficiency and the reliability.

The Aurion being stuck in a sedan form is well...not right in terms of practicability e.g. transporting 2 dogs in the back seat of Aurion is a receipe for disaster (I should know as I tried to do this with the magna sedan years ago!). I mean look at Holden Sportswagon and Skoda Superb and Mazda 6 wagons (ok not in the same engine category but you get the meaning), they pulled it off well. Ford suffered big time as result of axing of Ford wagons but their Mondeo wagons are making up ground.

Also there is no diesel option for the Aurions as well which is a real reason why we haven't been selling in large numbers. But that may change cos I heard recently about BMW and Toyota having partnership, BMW getting the hybrid tech and Toyota getting better diesel engines.

That's my 2 cents and if the Aurion does get the diesel engine in V6 form AND have it in wagon, that is the ultimate car for us all Toyota guys right?