Toyota in trouble

So you call a $2.3 billion dollar profit "trouble"? Considering all the crap that has been raining down on them in the form of recalls, earthquakes, tsunamis and massive flooding, I'd say they're in a pretty damn good position.

Reduced earnings (still in the black) primarily due to Acts of God and a strong currency, both of which the company has no control over.

Doesn't seem like much of a worry to me

So you call a $2.3 billion dollar profit "trouble"? Considering all the crap that has been raining down on them in the form of recalls, earthquakes, tsunamis and massive flooding, I'd say they're in a pretty damn good position.

I feel so sorry for them with like you say, so much happening there (and still is) makes me wonder how they will ever get over it all or if they ever will, what with the radioactivity and the destruction. They have also had rather large earthquakes almost every day, since the big one. It also makes you wonder if everything coming out of Japan is safe?

[it also makes you wonder if everything coming out of Japan is safe?

So everyone has 2 heads and the cars are radioactive? C'mon don't be so naive, they still have quality control etc. Plus the whole country is not glowing green. :rolleyes:

I hope you are trolling son, but if you are serious..

Never mind the fact that toyota are making a huge profit, to spite the natural disasters, an extremely strong (to the point some consider it overvalued) yen as well as re-call dramas in the USA and other countries... If thats doing bad, What would you call the complete and utter meltdown of the american automotive industry?

It also makes you wonder if everything coming out of Japan is safe?

Sh** like this really makes my blood boil.. so apologies for the following rant;

How fu***** ignorant are you? Seriously... you clearly have no understanding of the situation (or lack thereof) in Japan! Have you ever actually been there? Do you know what even happened/where? or did you just listen to the mainstream media overhype the nuclear situation, while completely ignoring the massive humanitarian disaster?

As soon as people hear nuclear, they seem to forget about the tens of thousands of people who lost their homes/lives/families/etc... That is the true disaster!

Yes, there was a nuclear event, yes it was bad, and yes, it did affect some food/products from Japan... The men and women who stayed in Fukushima to keep the situation from getting worse are heros, but this was over 6 months ago now, Japan is well on its way to recovery, and if you understood the japanese as a people/culture, you would realise that their pride would not allow this to happen... and as it happens, the Japanese government banned beef exports, as well as screened everything else coming from affected areas.

The japanese economy needs all the help it can get and people like you perpetuating unfounded fear does not help anyone.

Oh and FYI, I have been to Japan twice since the disaster, I have not been killed by radiation poisoning...

*rant over*

Oh and FYI, I have been to Japan twice since the disaster, I have not been killed by radiation poisoning...

+1 trip for me and +5 trips for workmates ... and we're still all alive and kicking.

You receive more radiation in the flight there than you do in Japan.

Much of the Toyota vehicle production is over 600km away.

I'm with Mick, let's move on ...

yet...... :P hehe

i agree though... as if any 1st world country's government would allow their image to be further tainted with radiation affected produce/products...

seriously... as if they would risk it?!

BGPete wasn't so lucky. Have you seen his avatar?!

With a profit like that, Toyota are unlikely to be in anything close to resembling trouble. Hell even a $2.3bn loss wouldn't necessarily qualify as "in trouble". In fact, many companies (especially SME's) are deliberately run to never post a profit.

BGPete wasn't so lucky. Have you seen his avatar?!

stock-illustration-16423801-internet-computer-troll.jpg

an internet troll from japan?......no....just me behind the computer :P

I move this topic be closed, binned and any links to NINEMSN be banned from the forum as they are just worry warts.

/end rant